• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Dthen
    Dthen

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

I saw a whole load of threads asking how to fix this error, so decided to create a solution.
In order to fix the Done Loading error, you must delete the contents of Minecraft's bin folder.

The easiest way to do this is to push Windows + R, then paste in
%appdata%/.minecraft/bin
Then delete everything in that folder.
Now relaunch Minecraft.

The below scripts don't seem to work, but you can try them anyway if you're lazy.

Windows:

Either WIndows or Mediafire is being a bitch and keeps renaming the batch file's extension to .txt, does anyone know an easy workaround?
Download this, run it by double clicking on it. It will ask you whether or not you wish to delete the files in the bin folder. just type in "y" and push enter.
Open your Minecraft client and it should redownload all the game files.

Linux:
Download this, run it by double clicking on it. You may have to go into its properties and allow it to be executed as a program.
Open your Minecraft client and it should redownload all the game files.

Mac OS:
Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with where Mac OS stores your Minecraft files & I don't have a Mac to play around with to write a script for it.
If anyone else could contribute anything, that would be much appreciated.
postcount++;

Register or log in to remove.

fallen
    fallen

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Minecraft: fallenflames

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

Thank you so much, I would high five you but all I can do is this.
/give  :D
:P

Hansd22
    Hansd22

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: Hansd22

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

I play from a Mac Os X, I had this problem, and, believe it or not, Dthen solved it for me.
To find the bin on a mac,
~Macintosh HD/Users/Your User Name Here/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
You may need to reveal hidden folders (I did!), so check this sight for the How To:
http://guides.macrum..._files_on_a_Mac

superbo3
    superbo3

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

didnt work for me sadly i still just get a black screen after it has downloaded everything again :Skeleton:

Gimee50k
    Gimee50k

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:47 PM

I download the .sh file but its unusable, i double click it and it doesn't know what it is.  :P

Makismo
    Makismo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

What do i open that file with? Ive only had Minecraft a few days now, and 2 of those days have been waiting for this thing to fix itself. Im enjoying the game, and want to continue to do so. Please help.
Minecraft, its like mowing a lawn constantly, then taking the cut grass and making something cool from it all!

NoSoulNoland

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:01 AM

Hansd22 said:

I play from a Mac Os X, I had this problem, and, believe it or not, Dthen solved it for me.
To find the bin on a mac,
~Macintosh HD/Users/Your User Name Here/Library/Application Support/minecraft/
You may need to reveal hidden folders (I did!), so check this sight for the How To:
http://guides.macrum..._files_on_a_Mac
yea after you find your folder what do you do?

monicleman

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

i dont understand it just gives me a notepad saying del %appdata%\.minecraft\bin\*

Dthen
    Dthen

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:43 AM

Strange, let me boot up my Windows PC and have a look.

EDIT: I see what the problem was... it should be fixed now...
postcount++;

coolcat0912

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

Open your "start" by clicking or hitting your windows key on your keyboard, in search bar type in "run" then hit enter.... In your run bar type "%appdata%" then hit enter. open the ".minecraft" folder, then delete the "bin" folder. restart your minecraft, problem solved. hope this simple, detailed explanation helps.

killerauthor

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

thank you!

Dthen
    Dthen

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

Last night's exercise in attempting to fix this did not go well. I realised that something was making the .bat file get renamed to .bat.txt, making it break. For some reason, I decided to just write a C++ program to do the same task, but because I'm an idiot, that failed.

I'm just going to write a quick explanation like what coolcat wrote into the OP and try to get my head around programming stuff again.
postcount++;

TheSnowiii

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

i deleted the bin (which was a pain in the ass to find on a mac! grrr but i did it :)) and it gives me the same problem, last hope is this friday update?

NoSoulNoland

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

i deleted it too, but im not premium, so i cant play online so i have no hope. the only thing that could work is if the servers go down on halloween

Limp_Piggy

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:21 AM

When I type %appdata$/.minecraft/bin in the Run window it says it can't find it, D:

MiscellanyMan

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hey there,
I'm a premium member using a Mac, and I have the added complication of not being able to find the Minecraft folder in my Application Support folder.  I've already used the trick on Terminal to show hidden files.  I know that it's working because I've got a bunch of other files in my Application Support folder that weren't there a moment ago.  Is there anywhere else where the Minecraft folder might end up, Mac-Knowledgeable folks?

Many thanks.

jaswinder96

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

MiscellanyMan said:

Hey there,
I'm a premium member using a Mac, and I have the added complication of not being able to find the Minecraft folder in my Application Support folder.  I've already used the trick on Terminal to show hidden files.  I know that it's working because I've got a bunch of other files in my Application Support folder that weren't there a moment ago.  Is there anywhere else where the Minecraft folder might end up, Mac-Knowledgeable folks?

Many thanks.

I've also got a mac and it seemed pretty simple... However, I didn't have to find any hidden folders... the top folder said bin. I deleted it and it worked :) -_-

Bl4ck5tar836
  • Minecraft: Blackstar836

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:15 AM

Mac OS:
Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with where Mac OS stores your Minecraft files & I don't have a Mac to play around with to write a script for it.
If anyone else could contribute anything, that would be much appreciated.

In mac the minecraft folder is stored in library under your system-user name. Use the little search bar in the finder and type in minecraft
The Official How to: List of fixes "Help at your finger tips!"
Posted Image

Devwar
    Devwar

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

Limp_Piggy said:

When I type %appdata$/.minecraft/bin in the Run window it says it can't find it, D:

Try %appdata%, not %appdata$

MiscellanyMan

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

I've also got a mac and it seemed pretty simple... However, I didn't have to find any hidden folders... the top folder said bin. I deleted it and it worked :GoldBar:

This top folder, you mean the top folder of the Minecraft folder in Application support, yes?  I wish it were that easy, but my problem is that there is no Minecraft folder at all.  My Application Support folders skip from Mindvision to Mozilla, with nothing in between.  And using both Spotlight and Quicksilver to look for Minecraft folders on my hard drive has turned up nothing.  Any thoughts?  The game was previously working fine...did I do something wrong when I installed it?

Grasping at straws,
MiscellanyMan