For the latest version please go here: http://www.minecraft...pha-01-release/
UPDATED FOR 1.7
I have added the new textures and put in a model for the pistons. So you can now update any pack you have that hasn't yet been updated to at least add in the default textures and make it work for 1.7 (Of course if you have other packs that have been updated you can use those pistons as well.)
I did the contracted piston model since it's just a simple block. If someone wants to improve it and add the extended version as well I would be thrilled.
For those of you who are new (or happen to live under a rock) my Texture Mix Machine is an application that allows you to take the tiles from different packs and mix-n-match them into your own custom pack. (Think painterly customizer on RedBull)
Previous versions of this were web-based but I found that too limiting as it depended on my getting permission from pack authors to distribute their packs on the site. So I've gone and made a stand-alone one in C++ that will operate on any pack you currently have downloaded.
- Works on any resolution pack - you can even mix tiles between HD and default resolution and it will resize as needed.
(The base pack - on the left - is the one that determines the resolution of the final pack)
- 3D preview - See the textures as they would look on blocks in the game
- Extendable - Editable config files means you can add your own models to the previewer for supporting Mods
(See the README.txt for info on how to do this.)
- Simple - Ok so more bare-bones but hey it's alpha and I can call this a feature if I want. >_>
Unpack and run texmix.exe it will attempt to locate your .minecraft/texturepacks folder and use packs from that. The default save is texmixpack.zip which will be placed into your .minecraft/texturepacks folder. See the README.txt for more information including how to specify a different save or explicitly point it at a directory to scan for packs.
Once it is running you can switch packs by clicking the round buttons at the top of the panels and then clicking the name of the pack you want. Switching the left pack will erase any work currently done without prompting so I suggest picking your base at the start and then leaving it alone.
To do the actual mixing, click a tile on the left to pick what tile you wish to replace, and then left-click a tile on the right to pick the tile you want to replace it with. The preview model will update to show your changes as you make them. It's that easy!
To preview a tile on the right without replacing the currently selected tile on the left, right-click instead of left-clicking.
To change between mixing the terrain.png and items.png use the workbench and fish buttons respectively.
To save your changes, click the button with the disk icon.
To edit what files are in a pack, click the button that looks like a tiny inventory screen.
Clicking files will select/deslect them. Selected files are in green. Clicking the delete button will remove files
from the pack. (The ones selected on the left hand list.) Clicking the copy button will copy the selected files from
the right over into the list on the left. Files that are not native to the base pack will be shown in yellow.
The mixer will overwrite any existing file with the same name without warning so be careful. (I strongly suggest backing up your packs before using this tool as this IS alpha software.)
To toggle zoom mode, press the 'z' key.
- Zip file content editor screen - You can now copy any file from any pack into any other pack. Note: The terrain.png and items.png files are not listed here as they are handled by the tile pickers.
- Fullscreen - The mixer now launches in 1280x1024 full screen. If you cannot run this resolution, then I suggest sticking with Ver. 0.1.6 for the moment. (I should have the ability to toggle between full screen and windowed soon)
- renamed sample.mdl to blocks.mdl - It makes more sense this way. Especially if I add more .mdl files when I put in support for modelling mobs and the like.
- fixed the cake model - The cake side was using the MC 1.6 positioning. It is now properly located for 1.7
- Save dialogue added - You can now change the name of the pack you want to save to while the program is running. This should make it considerably easier to use for most people.
- Better support for including alt-textures - Pack creators can now include an alt_items.txt and/or alt_terrain.txt file in their pack. These files are just a simple list of alternative files for terrain and item tiles within the zip. Place each file on it's own line. See the ones in the included simpletech.zip for examples.
- Generic Block mode preview for alt-textures - Since I cannot really know what tile is meant for what in an alt texture sheet, I just load them all on a basic block model. (Block in the sample.mdl file) This means that the tiles in an alt-terrain.png don't have to be in any particular order to still get a preview. (Mind you it also means that multi-tile textures and objects don't get a custom model.)
- Save button - The mixer no longer saves on exit. You must now click the save button.
- gui/items.png editing - You can now toggle between editing the terrain.png and items.png images
- Zoom - Pressing 'z' will zoom the currently selected tile to 256x256
- Source Preview - Right-clicking on the right hand picker will now select the tile without causing a swap. This is useful for previewing potential tiles from a pack.
- Now saves ALL the files in the base pack over to your new pack. Note: if you use just an image as your base (test.png for exmaple) then the saved pack will only contain the terrain.png.
- The selector no longer resizes incorrectly when changing between packs of different resolutions.
- alt pack folder and alt terrain folder - Any pack (.zip) placed in the alts folder will be read by the pack regardless of the directory it is looking at. Additionally any .png in the alts/terrain folder will be read by
the pack as an alt of terrain.png. Packs in the alts folder will be prefixed with a * in the listing and files
in the alts/terrain folder will be prefixed with a +.
- secondary model previewer tied to the right hand picker
- Fixed an issue with the side of the large chest model using one of the back tiles instead of the side tile.
- Auto-generated pack.txt with full credits
Support for items.pngDone! Support for mobsDone! Support for GUI elementsDone! Run-time save namingDone!
- Toggle between full screen and windowed
- Resizeable window
- Previews for mobs and gui elements
- Run-time pack directory picking
- Drag and drop
Supported Operating Systems:
In the event that the Forums are having issues again, you can also follow my blog at blog.thefool76.com or you can stalk me on Google+.