Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Who is the Minecraft God?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Harikari911
  • Minecraft: Harikari911

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

Sometimes people will make shrines but who too? Is Notch the god? If not who is? If he is does that make Herobrine the devil? Is there more then one god? Please post your thoughts below.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Maestro Shnitzel

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

Well, it all depends on your Minecraft religion. lol
Lͪ͂̓͛̍Õ̴̟͖͚̜̯͂͛̆Ĺ̲̯̠̳͍̂ͪ ͒ͭͮ̾͏̖͖̫̫͉̗C͎̀A͉̝̽̐̚͟Ṅ̨͍͆ ͙͇̽̚Y̨̘̼̤̖̠O̔͌̏͟Ừ̭͕̚ ̒ͨ̔ͤ͏R̨͍̝̜̱͕̦̗̔̏̆̄͂ͦE̯̻̙̠͙̞ͫ͗̓͂͡ͅA͖͍͕̣͆ͯ͟Ď̃҉ ̦̫̼͈̫ͩ̄͛ͤ̽̚͝T̊̅̐̓ͪ̆H̵̻̺̩͔̥͖̘ͬ̆͗̄I̶͌͊̀̉̅S̰͖̥͎̲̠̓ͯ̏͞?̯̹̟̍ͪ

Joepatcav
  • Minecraft: Ibitul

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Whoever/whatever you choose to worship.

Posted Image

joman195
    joman195

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1261 posts
  • Minecraft: joman59

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

I am a Minecraft Buddhist, I believe that Notch told us about ways to enlighten our minds into Minecraft and that you have MC Karma about the deeds you perform, if you do bad things your account is reincarnated into a greifer, if you do good things your account is reincarnated to a Mojang Employee.
Skal ~Joman195

Posted Image

Beltir
    Beltir

Retired Endermin

• Retired Staff
  • 7372 posts
  • Minecraft: Beltir

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

Notch could be considered "God" since he created it...
And I would call "Herobrine" a plastic surgeon, since everything about it is fake, but it still attracts certain people...
It's hard to follow your dreams when you run from your nightmares. --

Zg4rng4f

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

What will it matter?

poyopoyo91

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

Notch programmed light, and there was light. All praise be to Notch
Posted Image

Bigtronny
  • Minecraft: Tronsacc11

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

Notch is God and Herobrine is most definitely the devil, you know that Cave you spent hours exploring? You finally find diamonds? That's Notch's gift but when you find out that there's lava beneath? That's Herobrine's dastardly plan to make you cry yourself to sleep while you prepare for another perilous Journey to the depths of the earth. And when you hear that thunder outside? Herobrine just set fire to your wooden shack. But being the coward he is, he'll never show himself, he's too busy playing his twisted Mind tricks and the vast amount of repetitive jokes he plots against you in your lonely Minecraft life. He brings the plague of the Undead in the dead of night to haunt and torture you.

Notch on the other hand, if you replant those saplings you ignorantly left behind? He'll bless you with gift of Wood, one of Minecraft's valuable resources which can be crafted to make the tools and weaponry you'll need for your survival to move forward with your progression to find the Iron that lies within the twisting and turning of those pesky Caves which hide their many treasures until you find diamonds again, but that all comes down to whether Herobrine is watching or not....
Tronberr

TheOriginalTroll
  • Minecraft: TheOrignalTroll

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

I made a shrine to Coe once....
Posted Image

uc4ntw1n
  • Minecraft: ucantw1n

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

Well, there's Herobrine. But I don't think he's considered a god.
Posted Image

llama66613
  • Minecraft: llama66613

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

In my opinion, notch was the original god. But then, he created the rest of mojang to help him develop the minecraft world more quickly and thoroughly.

Herobrine does not exist in my religion. Never liked that troll anyways.
Posted Image

wetwilly389
  • Minecraft: wetwilly389

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

Notch Created the rolling landscapes, high mountains, glorious waterfalls, and deep oceans. He decided the world was boring without life. So he went to make a man, he decided to call him Herobrine, but there was something wrong with him. He was inherently evil, bent on destroying the beautiful landscape of minecraftia, so he called upon his other Godly friend, named Jebb.
Together they built a land of fire and lava and dark and evil twisted fail creations of life to fittingly banish Herobrine to.

With Herobrine successfully sealed away Notch and Jebb decided to create life once more, this time much more successfully. Although a mean streak was present, Steve, as they called him, was created. Steve using only the resources needed to survive became bored. This is when Notch rewarded Steve's efforts with pigs, sheep, and chickens, in part for new recourses, food and whatnot. But mostly to give Steve a way to extract his mean streak positively by torturing the innocent animals.

That is when everything when terribly wrong. Herobrine had messed with Notch's pig had made it as tall as Steve, but green, with scales, always angry and had the ability to explode. Herobrine dubbed him "creeper" and gave him the sole mission of destroying Steve and Notch's glorious world.

With the idea of enemies for Steve Herobrine had created Zombies and Skeletons to aid him in his destruction of Steve and Notch's world.

Thus starting the never ending war between Notch and Herobrine. You cannot live without Notch's protection from Herobrine, so make shrines to him, praise him, and never question his decisions!
Posted Image
<too lazy to make a witty signature, sorry for the inconvenience>

ChickenBlah
  • Minecraft: ChocolateBox

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:50 AM

View Postwetwilly389, on 29 June 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

Notch Created the rolling landscapes, high mountains, glorious waterfalls, and deep oceans. He decided the world was boring without life. So he went to make a man, he decided to call him Herobrine, but there was something wrong with him. He was inherently evil, bent on destroying the beautiful landscape of minecraftia, so he called upon his other Godly friend, named Jebb.
Together they built a land of fire and lava and dark and evil twisted fail creations of life to fittingly banish Herobrine to.

With Herobrine successfully sealed away Notch and Jebb decided to create life once more, this time much more successfully. Although a mean streak was present, Steve, as they called him, was created. Steve using only the resources needed to survive became bored. This is when Notch rewarded Steve's efforts with pigs, sheep, and chickens, in part for new recourses, food and whatnot. But mostly to give Steve a way to extract his mean streak positively by torturing the innocent animals.

That is when everything when terribly wrong. Herobrine had messed with Notch's pig had made it as tall as Steve, but green, with scales, always angry and had the ability to explode. Herobrine dubbed him "creeper" and gave him the sole mission of destroying Steve and Notch's glorious world.

With the idea of enemies for Steve Herobrine had created Zombies and Skeletons to aid him in his destruction of Steve and Notch's world.

Thus starting the never ending war between Notch and Herobrine. You cannot live without Notch's protection from Herobrine, so make shrines to him, praise him, and never question his decisions!

sounds like a page from the Minecraft Bible. :D
Posted Image

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4130 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:18 AM

View PostHarikari911, on 28 June 2011 - 11:14 PM, said:

Sometimes people will make shrines but who too?

Thou shalt maketh thine shrine unto me! Or else the pistons-of-doom shall maketh thine world flat!

Oh wait, it's already flat.. Well, thine toilet paper shall be replaced by a sticky piston! muhahahaha! :P

LordBlockV
  • Minecraft: LordBlockV

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

I reckon people should post picture's of their shrines, or something.

Also, I never know Herobrine could be so evil. Who wrote the Minecraft bible, anyway?
Posted Image

geckonator said:

I'm going to hack bedrock in then surround myself, after hacking infinite armor, and a pumpkin, plus layers of obsidian over the bedrock i am sealed in, so I won't die. *stomach growls* ...NOOOOO

DustMako

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Notch is god, Herobrine is the devil! 1.6 years after the beginning of the world, Notch destroyed Herobrine forever in an Epic battle of good and evil, or so they say...
Posted Image

ZakThompson
  • Minecraft: ZakThompson

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

I think the god of your Minecraft is whoever you chose. I myself  did not pick a minecraft god because I believe that it may be provocative to people if i build a shrine or something like that.
Posted Image

Lysosa
    Lysosa

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

I only worship the holy pickaxe.

MissingUsername
  • Minecraft: MissingUsername

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

I worship the squid. Sure, you're laughing now, but when Notch gets home drunk from a party, and foolishly codes in a Cthulhu mob, I will be the one laughing.

Posted Image

Pistolp
    Pistolp

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

creepers, im their bitch