Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Forced respawn


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1

Yobgal
    Yobgal

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

The ability to force a respawn would be nice. I've just accidentally fallen into a spot at the bottom of a mine that has me completely stuck. Ironically, this happened while I was trying to lay down a few stone blocks to prevent myself from falling down into the bedrock and getting stuck. Now I'm stuck with a need to jump two blocks high, with walls on all sides of me.

I don't have much of a choice here; I have to start a new world. That's not exactly ideal. The ability to commit suicide or force a spawn would be great. I'd rather lose my inventory than lose the whole world.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Inbijiburu

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

Question, do you not carry ANY building materials so you can jump and put things under you?
But you are right, it would be nice to have a function like that.
Fishing Rod > Diamond Sword

#3

nickguletskii

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

I always have 4 full stacks of dirt. You should too.

#4

Inbijiburu

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

nickguletskii said:

I always have 4 full stacks of dirt. You should too.

4 might be alittle over kill...I tend to just stick to two. Normaly that'll be enough. But if I'm expecting to use more, I'll load up.
Fishing Rod > Diamond Sword

#5

nickguletskii

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:40 AM

I seem to dig too much... I can break a diamond shovel and a diamond pickaxe within 10 minutes. :/

#6

Inbijiburu

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

nickguletskii said:

I seem to dig too much... I can break a diamond shovel and a diamond pickaxe within 10 minutes. :/

In all honestly I really don't have too much sympathy for you. You were kinda asking for it. Not even a single stack of dirt to get you out of jams is well...really just asking for it as I said.
On the other hand, you are still correct. The ability to do force a respawn would be nice.
Fishing Rod > Diamond Sword

#7

testguy
    testguy

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

you dont need anything, it may just take you a life time

#8

nickguletskii

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

How did you get stuck anyway? :/

#9

Yobgal
    Yobgal

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

Inbijiburu said:

Question, do you not carry ANY building materials so you can jump and put things under you?
But you are right, it would be nice to have a function like that.

I carry a small amount of stone and sand, and I think I have 8-10 full stacks of stone and sand right now because I'd been mining. I also have a lot of stairs. I guess I was just really uncoordinated last night. I tried jumping and dropping a block below me dozens upon dozens of times. I just couldn't pull it off, so I dismissed it as impossible. I read your post and tried again today. It worked on the first try.

For the person who asked, here's how I got stuck: http://imgur.com/6qNCu I was laying stone blocks to make a solid floor. I just took a wrong step and fell into one of the holes that I was trying to cover. The block overhead is what made it so frustrating for me. Well, that, and apparently I suck at the trick of jumping and sticking a block below my feet. I got out this morning - um, see above paragraph - but there was nothing I could do last night to make it work.

Still, though, the idea of a suicide or forced respawn has its uses. I think it would be a good utility.

#10

theicychameleon
  • Location: Carrickgolligan Co.Dublin

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

"Forced Respawn" no, sounds too boring
"Seppuku" now we're talking.

Its been suggested before though, heres a thre4ad I found by searching "suicide"

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21901&hilit=suicide

Its usually a good idea to do a couple of searches before you post, just to make sure. If theres is a preexisting topic, just post there.
Mise le meas,

Posted Image

My suggestions:
Sailing Peacocks Stellar Navigation

Volcanosf said:

Chemist98 said:

theicychameleon said:

This is a triumph!
I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

#11

Birdoroo

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

Yobgal said:

the trick of jumping and sticking a block below my feet
For future reference, all you have to do is hold the right mouse button then hold the jump key as well. =) It seems to go a little faster if you time right clicks instead of holding it, however.

#12

ThyKraken
  • Location: In the only corner of my spherical room

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

[]  []  []
[]  :D  []
[]  :|:  []

right click to stab yourself
left click to stab others

#13

Empoleon416

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:52 AM

Well, I really need to some help on how to respawn. because I like digging holes and i wanted to see what is below the nether.

I didn't bring any tools and whatnot, still I dug a deep hole in the nether.

Guess what happens.
I fall into an underground cave in the nether amazingly. The floor of this cave is bedrock, and there was glowstone all around the edges of the cave! im walking around, and I fall into a 2 block high hole.
This hole is made of bedrock, and so i cannot dig a step out of it.

I am stuck. no tools, no items, no blocks, this sucks.

Anyone know what I could do to get out? Because this save file is my most epic one, i don't want to delete it.
At the moment that is my only choice.

And yes, before you say so, i have tried turning it on to a difficulty.

#14

efstajas
  • Minecraft: efstajas

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

View PostEmpoleon416, on 29 January 2011 - 03:52 AM, said:

Well, I really need to some help on how to respawn. because I like digging holes and i wanted to see what is below the nether.

I didn't bring any tools and whatnot, still I dug a deep hole in the nether.

Guess what happens.
I fall into an underground cave in the nether amazingly. The floor of this cave is bedrock, and there was glowstone all around the edges of the cave! im walking around, and I fall into a 2 block high hole.
This hole is made of bedrock, and so i cannot dig a step out of it.

I am stuck. no tools, no items, no blocks, this sucks.

Anyone know what I could do to get out? Because this save file is my most epic one, i don't want to delete it.
At the moment that is my only choice.

And yes, before you say so, i have tried turning it on to a difficulty.
Load the world into MCEdit and set the spawn point somewhere else.
I can design a banner for you. May it be a texture pack, a server, whatever, I don't care.
Posted Image

#15

Rabidbadger

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

View PostYobgal, on 26 September 2010 - 08:01 AM, said:

The ability to force a respawn would be nice. I've just accidentally fallen into a spot at the bottom of a mine that has me completely stuck. Ironically, this happened while I was trying to lay down a few stone blocks to prevent myself from falling down into the bedrock and getting stuck. Now I'm stuck with a need to jump two blocks high, with walls on all sides of me.

I don't have much of a choice here; I have to start a new world. That's not exactly ideal. The ability to commit suicide or force a spawn would be great. I'd rather lose my inventory than lose the whole world.
Step 1: Take out the stone you were building with.
Step 2: Look down.
Step 3: Jump and place a block under your feet when you are in midair.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

I find it pretty inconcievable that you could have no blocks in your inventory, no tools to mine any blocks in the ceiling above you, and be hanging around so close to bedrock.
Posted Image

View PostDumbum2240.1, on 02 August 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

And yeah, I'm really not sure what this mob is. I'm thinking with an open mind, and all I can think of is a sex mad robot who spawns at Christmas.

#16

chylex
    chylex

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 906 posts
  • Location: Czech Republic
  • Minecraft: chylex

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostEmpoleon416, on 29 January 2011 - 03:52 AM, said:

Well, I really need to some help on how to respawn. because I like digging holes and i wanted to see what is below the nether.

I didn't bring any tools and whatnot, still I dug a deep hole in the nether.

Guess what happens.
I fall into an underground cave in the nether amazingly. The floor of this cave is bedrock, and there was glowstone all around the edges of the cave! im walking around, and I fall into a 2 block high hole.
This hole is made of bedrock, and so i cannot dig a step out of it.

I am stuck. no tools, no items, no blocks, this sucks.

Anyone know what I could do to get out? Because this save file is my most epic one, i don't want to delete it.
At the moment that is my only choice.

And yes, before you say so, i have tried turning it on to a difficulty.

If you're playing 1.0, set difficulty to hard and wait until you starve to death.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17

Homem Pigman
  • Location: Missile Launch Base

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

First, can't you mine the walls off?

Second, if you were mining you certainly had some cobble or dirt. It's impossible you didn't.

Posted Image


#18

860
    860

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Minecraft: 860

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Turn the difficulty to hard and and leave the game running in the background. You should die from hunger.

#19

Apples_R_Tasty
  • Minecraft: GLStudios

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

View Postnickguletskii, on 26 September 2010 - 08:16 AM, said:

I always have 4 full stacks of dirt. You should too.

How far do you mine?
Youtube: GLStudios
Planet Minecraft: GLStudios

#20

KylieKoopaVG
  • Location: Carlsbad, San Diego, California, United States, North America, America, Earth, Solar System, Universe
  • Minecraft: KylieKoopaVG
  • Xbox:360

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

/kill

Oh, you don’t have the snapshot?

KylieKoopaV§mG
kkvg.text.RandomThoughts='http://bit.ly/MEwzjp <= Click it!'