• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2] FlintCraft - flint tools, armour, weapons and more!

flint craft sharpener armor tools weapon lun3x 666mayhem666 1.5 1.5.2

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

666mayhem666

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

Posted Image

Ever wondered why flint in Minecraft has so few uses, I mean arrows, flint and steel and- that's it!?

This mod adds flint armour, tools weapons and more...

For now Kinyoshi is keeping this mod updated, until I have time to work on it again. A big thank you to him for this!

Click here for the latest information and updates.

Flint Posted Image Used for armor,weapons and tools
  • Flint armour is between iron and leather, in durability and protection.
  • Flint tools can destroy everything stone tools can, are between stone and iron in durability, and are as fast as iron.
  • Flint swords are as powerful as iron, but have a lower durability.
Sharpened FlintPosted Image Used for weapons and tools
  • Sharpened flint is made by crafting 6 flint into 2 sharpened flint, like so:
  • Posted Image
  • Posted ImagePosted Image
  • Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
  • Sharpened flint tools can destroy everything diamond can, have low durability, between wood and stone, but the cutting speed of gold.
  • Sharpened flint swords are as powerful as diamond, but with low durability.
Tempered FlintPosted Image Used for armour
  • Tempered flint in made in a furnace.
  • Tempered flint armour is between iron and diamond, in both protection and durability.
SharpenerPosted Image Used for sharpening flint
  • Works like a furnace, fueled by redstone.
  • Takes in flint and gives out sharpened flint.
HatchetsPosted ImagePosted ImageA new tool type
  • Flint hatchets have low durability, and a slightly slower cutting speed than flint axes.
  • Sharpened flint hatchets have even lower durability, but a faster cutting speed than flint hatchets.
  • Both can be crafted in a 2x2 grid, and require less resources.
Installation
  • Download and install ModLoader

• Install FlintCraft in the same way you installed ModLoader, by placing all the files in the minecraft.jar

• OPTIONAL: Edit the properties file to your needs (generated after first run).

• Post some feedback here Posted Image
Older Downloads

FlintCraft v2.7 for MC1.5
FlintCraft v2.6 for MC1.4.7
FlintCraft v2.5 for MC1.4.6
FlintCraft v2.4 for MC1.4.5
FlintCraft v2.1 for MC1.3.2
FlintCraft v2.0 for MC1.2.5

Crafting Recipes

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Please click the green plus button if I helped. Thanks :)

Register or log in to remove.

Hyp
    Hyp

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1130 posts
  • Minecraft: Hypuhrr

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

Wow, this is a really cool mod, finally something to do with flint besides make flint and steel :P
The name's Hyp, and I am trying to become a better artist!.
Posted Image

TJ1122334
    TJ1122334

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

Just arrows? Just arrows! okay then, but I'd suggest making flint less durable than iron but break at the same speed because you don't need a pic or anything to get flint.

Posted Image

Spoiler:

666mayhem666

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

OK, I forgot that flint can be used to make flint and steel, so I updated the OP [/shame] :P
Anyway, I was thinking along the lines that flint is harder than normal rock, but now I think about it it is also sharper as well, but I don't want to make it too overpowered, so I'll probably change it so it's like you said, less durable than iron, but able to break stuff at the same speed. I'll update the OP changelog when I do so. EDIT: <-- That is probably very confusing

blackman6969

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

i can not craft sharpened flint swords, anyone having a similar problem or any suggestions?\

okmujnyhb

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

Try adding sharpened flint arrows!
The cake is a lie... so what is item 354? :O
Posted Image

didhddl921

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

This is amazing!! but there's one thing that could be added to make the mod better... sharpened-flint arrows! i thought it was weird how you didnt think of this before! if you do decide to make these arrows, they should probably have a better range and better damage. Maybe it does 2 and a half damage? i thought this was a good idea, so please add this to your mod!

Also, the game crashes when you sharpen your flints very fast... can you fix that? and the sharpened flints dont stack when sharpening... a better way to sharpen them would be a good idea too, because it takes a lot of time to sharpen a stack of flint and the game crashes... so arrows, bug fixes and stackable sharpened flints? thanks!

geofftkd
    geofftkd

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

i dont know if this is a glitch or something the flintcraft mod doesnt work with the elemental arrows i have both minecraft works with it but when i use both mods i dont get any of the special arrows

MegaJonasSusi97

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

I have so many flints and now I finally know what I can use:)

Dunerunner

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

Another idea would be,considering its flint, have a small chance of ignition on hit, but a SMALL chance as to not make it overpowered. :P

Wontorres
  • Minecraft: will1008

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

Not sure  if this is a mod bug or not, but sharpening flint with a full inventory causes it to crash/
I have ModLoader, GuiAPI, Audiomod, Balkon's (very awesome) WeaponMod and the Flintcraft 1.7.3.
I will check more concerning this later. Also, very cool mod! It gives flint a better name.

ExplosiveFart
  • Minecraft: eric_x17

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

This is... the perfect mod, aside from it's bugs.
A creeper's fart is an explosive fart!

666mayhem666

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for all the replies, I'm working on fixing the bug which crashes Minecraft when you try to make sharpened flint with a full inventory. (It looks for the first empty slot in your inventory, then replaces that slot with one sharpened flint, then lowers the amount of flint by one, if anyone can think of a way around it to fix the bug that would be great).
I'm about to go on holiday for a week so I won't be able to work on it until I get back, but for the moment don't sharpen more flint with a full inventory.

Spaman
    Spaman

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

Finally a mod close to what I'm looking for. My idea is to replace wood and stone tools with flint ones to make the beginning of a world more challenging. I can easily remove the wood and stone tools myself and I have been able to create flint tools in their place but the new flint tools are still called by their original names so I'd prefer a mod that has the right names.

Seems to me though that rather than giving them the durability of iron they should last as long as stone tools instead as iron is rarer and harder to obtain. I'd also be inclined to replace the 95 flint for 9 gravel recipe with a simpler one like 1 flint for 2 gravel making it easier to get flint when you have a smaller supply of gravel.

Just my thoughts. The sharpening flints idea is a good one to extend their range.  Can't remember whether you have flint mining the same products as iron but if so then I'd restrict that to the same as stone and give the sharpened ones the ability to mine gold and redstone creating a greater distinction between them.

Then there's the possibility of making 2x2 hatchets and pickettes from flint to give players an opportunity to play a new world having to find flint before they can cut down trees. Of course this requires being able to craft sticks out of saplings but there's already mods out there that can do this.

Anyway well done on the mod. Will continue to check in to see what else develops here.

EDIT: I just downloaded it and although you've posted 1.73 is now available, the download that came was 1.72.

So how do I go about getting the 1.73 version?

MinistryofGamess
  • Minecraft: MinistryofGamess

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

looks very nice  :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:    for you!

Posted Image

walkerjonny

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

This is a really nice mod! I like it really much.
But... there is one incompatibility to another mod i have found so far.
It is Risugamis Death Chest. This mod also changes ix.class.
Maybe you could do something about this.
I would really appreciate that!

PS: It also irritated me to see above 'updated to 1.7.3' but then "only" a download for 1.7.2.

walkerjonny

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

OK, there seems to be a mod which really has a conflict with flintcraft.
It is IndustrialCraft.
For some reason, when I install FlintCraft first and then IndustrialCraft and I try to create a new World MC crashes (freezes) after telling me 'saving chunks' right after creating that world.
When I install Minecraft Extended afterwards I'm able to create new worlds.
But when i try to place flint chest armor in the crafting menu (the one with the 2x2 grid after presseng 'e')
I get a 'saving chunks' and I can't play this world anymore.
This happens only while placing the flint chest armor. I have no problem to place the other three flint armors.

michaeljeffrey

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Would you be able to do a version that is compatible with Deathchest, which also changes the ix.class file? I like to play a tougher version of minecraft with Survivalism mode (so I can starve to death or die of thirst) and mo'creatures (so I can be attacked and killed by Tigers!) I like the idea of being able to make tools out of flint but found that they were making the game too easy. Have you considered putting some of the variables in a config file? A config file would allow users to change the durability and strength of the tools or armor. I also thought 5 sharp flints for each flint was generous so you could make that a variable, so you could go as low as 1 to 1. Also you could perhaps do a true/false test for whether you can make flint out of gravel as that also makes it a bit too easy.

Other than that I think this is a brilliant mod! I don't understand why it wasn't part of the standard Minecraft since early man used flint all the time for tools and weapons. Great job on it.

skullkid974
  • Minecraft: skullkid974

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:25 AM

cool now your only weakness is an iron bar.
The four horsemen of the Apocalypse. Conquest, War, Famine and Death. Though i come last i am always there. I am the most feared. I am the end of all. I am Death. I'm a brony and I approve this signature. /)^3^(\
click dis link to help me get steam money? http://steam-wallet....x.php?id=188655 pwease?

maniacmodder

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

The shitty part of this mod is that if you sharpen flint with a full inventory, your computer crashes -.-