• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Premium account

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Jonesy941

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

I'm unsure weather I should upgrade to a premium account, mainly for the reason that I don't know what the benefits of it are rather than just playing off line all the time. The only thing I know of so far is the ability to change the appearance of your player. Now this looks quite amusing and I quite like the idea of the customisability but its not worth the £10 just for that feature. What I'm really asking is, what are the special features and benefits of having a premium account?

Any help would be grateful

Ben

Register or log in to remove.

Senney
    Senney

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

It sounds as though you are using a pirated version of minecraft? Of so, shame for theft from an indie developer.

Tylerburrito

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:16 PM

You get to actually play the real Minecraft, instead of Classic.

Jonesy941

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

well i downloaded the game whilst it was on the free week-end thing, so its not exactly theft but when i click log-in it lets me play offline, so thats what i do. I understand why your saying that but i downloaded it straight from the minecraft.net site. Could this be a bug or something?

san_tropez

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

Jesus Christ, you did not get the whole game for free, you just got the current version for free. You still need to buy it if you want it to update. I dont really know any real life examples that i could compare with what you are saying, but just so you know, you sound pretty stupid

Jonesy941

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

well mate, to be honest, the point of the question was to find out what you don't get for free, that's what i was trying to find out. I don't want to buy the game and find out that there's no difference between that and playing off line. Its not that i don't want to support notch or anything, its just that, im fifteen and i dont get a huge amount of money and i don't have a paypal account. Also if you go onto minecraft.net and click on download next to "Minecraft Alpha [The latest!]" you get to (have a guess) download (what im pretty sure is...) the latest version. And i also do'nt see why i sound pretty stupid, im asking a question about what i would get if i bought it.

but thanks for the help anyway *cough*

PublicEnemy0

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:14 AM

Buying premium gets you the rights to free updates to the game for as long as Notch works on it. If you don't buy it, all you will have is the same version of the game you currently do with nothing new added, ever (unless there is some kind of bug that lets you download updates for free). You won't see huge changes from week to week on a premium account if that's what you're hoping for. I got premium and I'm satisfied with it. Being flat broke as I am I can still say I have spent more money on things that were less worthwhile than this game. My opinion is that this game is worth the small amount of money. Again, that is my opinion.
Let each player retain the freedom to determine their own playing experience. Realize that not everyone likes to play the same way you do. Keep difficult elements of Minecraft optional!

Squirrels

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:22 AM

I've tried out alpha briefly courtesy of a friend, and I'd say it's definitely worth it. It's in constant development, unlike the free Classic version, and if you get it now you get future updates free, up to and including the final version if/when Notch finishes it.

Plus, Classic will eventually be phased out, so the only version you'll be able to play will be the paid version...which will, in turn, cost more as development progresses.

The below statement is true.

The above statement is false.

lookatmego

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:09 AM

im trying to upgrade somehow...no luck yet tho and yes you should upgrade its such an awsome game..!

Mine_Ender

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

If you are playing Alpha without paying you are currently pirating the game.  Notch relies mostly on the honor system for people to pay, along with the belief that fighting pirates is not worth the effort and the hope that they will generate more publicity and paying customers.

lookatmego

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:20 AM

im not playing alpha im playing the multiplayer on the website itself

PublicEnemy0

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Mine_Ender said:

If you are playing Alpha without paying you are currently pirating the game.  Notch relies mostly on the honor system for people to pay, along with the belief that fighting pirates is not worth the effort and the hope that they will generate more publicity and paying customers.
Wrong. Notch distributed the alpha client FREE over the free-to-play weekend when the website crashed. For whatever reason, that client still allows you to play single player for many people. This is not piracy. Piracy happens when something is illegaly copied when that person does not have the right to copy it. None of that occured in this case. Making ignorant blanket statements are helping no one and are making you look stupid in the process.
Let each player retain the freedom to determine their own playing experience. Realize that not everyone likes to play the same way you do. Keep difficult elements of Minecraft optional!

Jonesy941

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

Thank you PublicEnemy. I think i probably will get it but not just yet. And does anyone know the exact price in pounds?

Farcrusader
    Farcrusader

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

san_tropez said:

Jesus Christ, you did not get the whole game for free, you just got the current version for free. You still need to buy it if you want it to update. I dont really know any real life examples that i could compare with what you are saying, but just so you know, you sound pretty stupid

Hey, be nice.  He did not pirate the game, he said he downloaded it while F2P weekend was active.  Who's looking stupid now?  San_Tropez, you should definetely get the game, because you get a ton of coming up features such as dungeons, zombie survival, dragons, and lots more!  And i believe the game is 12.43 Great Britain Pounds.

Zacaj
    Zacaj

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

So buying the game (vs playing the free weekend one offline) gets you updates and multiplayer?
Life's more fun with the spacebar held down

Anbaraen

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

Yerp, Zacaj. I bought the game simply because I believed a game this GOOD needs to be bought, not downloaded for free, after trying it on the F2P weekend.

Something no-one has mentioned is that once the game is in its Beta stage, it will be 20 Euros instead of the 10 Euros it is right now. Half-price brilliant game? No brainer.

Jonesy: It'd be roughly 9 pounds for you.

Zacaj
    Zacaj

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

If I buy it once, can I play it multiplayer on my own private server with the other computer on my lan?  Id been trying to do that with the F2P version, but one player was always booted for having the same name as the other.  I assume when you login with a premium account that wouldnt happen?
Life's more fun with the spacebar held down

Jonesy941

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

Does anyone know the exact price? so far ive heard 8,9 and 12 pounds :S

dux0r
    dux0r

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Minecraft: dux0r

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

9 Euros
TexturePacker.net - Customize from multiple texture packs in seconds
I also host the websites for, and play on AerialHeights.com & MinecraftMiddleEarth.com.

Oldie
    Oldie

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

SeanBlue said:

9 Euros
That's 9.95. Almost 10

And it's about 8.51 Pounds for you, my dear British friend.
Posted Image