InvGrid is a simple Minecraft inventory editor native for OS X and Linux. It's written in C++ using Qt. The license is public domain. Thanks to everyone for the positive support and feedback!
Download InvGrid 0.9 (OS X 10.5, OS X 10.6, and Ubuntu 10.10)
Download InvGrid git (Arch Linux, maintained by quantumphaze]
To colorize wool, set the damage to a value listed below.
3: Light Blue
5: Light Green
13: Dark Green
List originally provided by poke722.
Similarly to wool, wood can be changed with its damage using the list below to change the type.
List originally provided by Blagob.
Dyes can be changed as well by modifying the damage value.
0: Ink Sac
1: Rose Red
2: Cactus Green
3: Cocoa Beans
4: Lapis Lazuli
5: Purple Dye
6: Cyan Dye
7: Light Gray Dye
8: Gray Dye
9: Pink Dye
10: Lime Dye
11: Dandelion Yellow
12: Light Blue Dye
13: Magenta Dye
14: Orange Dye
15: Bone Meal
For Lua scripting examples, see this post. You can use scripting to add items that aren't normally listed in InvGrid.
As of version 0.8.2, you can now register custom item types. This is so mod users and impatient people who can't wait for InvGrid to update can add new items themselves. All custom items are available using Lua.
To add custom items, you must be create an items.csv file in the InvGrid settings directory.
OS X: <User>/Library/Application Support/invgrid/items.csv
The items.csv is a plain text file in a comma delimiter format with two columns. The first column must be the item value and the second must be the item name. Duplicating an existing item value OR item name will overwrite that item for the duration InvGrid is running.
380,Bridge Start 381,Bridge Stop 401,Drill 501,Computer
Start InvGrid and go to File->Open World X, with X being the world number of your save.
Next, select a row in the table on the left to begin editing. If an item doesn't exist in that slot, click "New Item" to create one. Adjust the selected item's type, count, and damage on the right. Changes are automatically reflected in the left table.
Finally, when you're done editing, go to File->Save to save your changes.
- Added items introduced in Minecraft 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6.
- Added items introduced in version 1.3.
- Added loading of custom item types from a csv file in the InvGrid settings directory called items.csv.
- Changed the File->Open dialog so it automatically opens to the Minecraft saves directory.
- Added Beta items and blocks.
- Fixed crash when trying to save after running a script.
- Added Lua based scripting.
- Added health field to Misc. page.
- Added prompt on close that asks if user wants to save changes.
- Fixed unknown items being turned into air when edited.
- Changed item type list so it expands to fit as much space as is available vertically.
- Added double clicking an empty slot in the inventory table will now automatically create a new item.
- Added preset item buttons for creating stone, wood, glass, and torches x64. (Consider it a trial feature)
- Added misc page for adjusting the time of day, spawn position, and current position. (With helpful explanation provided by Rofang!)
- Changed inventory and misc pages so they are disabled unless a valid world file is loaded.
-Fixed item issues reported by Bigmacbook.
--Fixed Pumpkin incorrectly being Red Mossy Cobblestone.
--Renamed Red Mossy Cobblestone to Bloodstone.
--Renamed Brittle Gold to Lightstone.
--Renamed Brittle Gold Dust to Lightstone Dust.
--Renamed Glowing Pumpkin to Jack-O-Lantern.
-Added Netherworld patch items. (Pumpkin, Glowing Pumpkin, Red Mossy Cobblestone, Mud, Brittle Gold, Brittle Gold Dust, Portal, Watch, Raw Fish, and Cooked Fish)
- Fixed Air being selected by default when creating a new item even though Air was removed.
- Added import and exporting of inventories as csv files.
- Added copy(Ctrl+C) and paste(Ctrl+V) of items.
- Added delete item key shortcuts (Ctrl+D or Del)
- Added button that sets item damage to zero.
- Added button that sets item count to 64.
- Added Ubuntu/Debian deb package support.
- Fixed table view allowing multiple rows to be selected at the same time.
- Removed "Air" item because it's useless and causes Minecraft to crash.
- Removed buggy Iron and Wood door items. Real "Iron Door" and "Wood Door" items remain!
- Disabled automatic focus of item type field on row selection in favor of tab key navigation.
- Replaced item type combo with a list and text field for easy searching of items.
- Ported to Linux. (No deb or rpm yet)
- Creating a new item now automatically gives the type combobox keyboard focus.
- Added keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+1-5 for loading worlds 1-5.
- Added Inventory->New Item (Ctrl+N) menu option as an alternative to creating a new item instead of pressing the New Item button.
- Added White Cloth to item type list.
- Added application icon donated by Lachy17689. Thanks!
- Added automatic backup of existing level.dat before saving.
- Fixed crash when opening files with unknown item layouts.
- Fixed issue where opening a file with an empty inventory and then saving would corrupt the file. (Missing world problem)
- Added File->Open World 1-5 options to quickly open various world files.
- Changed File->Save to work more traditionally by saving the currently open file in place.
- Added File->Save As option to save to a specific location.
- Fixed item damage not being adjustable to negative values.