Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minutor - OSX/Linux/Windows 2.0.1


  • Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#641

Mem4MC
    Mem4MC

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 06 September 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Having a problem with the 2.0 version of Minutor. I'm pretty sure this version used to work, and I've tried it on two different Win7 computers. It does still work on Win XP, so I think a recent security update or some other update in Win 7 has broken Minutor. What happens is nothing, run Minutor and it appears in the task list for a few seconds then goes away. The UI never shows up. Minutor 1.6.3 still works fine though.

I was trying to view a world with the new snapshot biomes. 1.6.3 will show the map fine, but list the biome as unknown.

I have a near same situation, except I am still on Winxp sp3.  I click on the exe and: Minutor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This occured only after I started checking out the snapshops. But even when the MC 1.2.2 launcher is set to the ver. 1.6.2 profile, it still will not boot up. The older Minutor 1.6.3 does still work for me also.
Microsoft may have issued security updates across the board that your xp did not catch?

Mem

Register or log in to remove.

#642

Metalmorphosis
  • Minecraft: Metalmorphosis

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

I've got the same problem here on Win 7 x64 with Minutor 2.0. If it helps, this is what the event viewer says about the crash:

1000, Application Error
Exception code: 0x40000015
Error offset: 0x00552051

I don't know since when this problem occurs. The last time I used Minutor is a few weeks ago, today I wanted to see how much I have discovered in my world and it just crashes.

Quote

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#643

sasiu_PL
    sasiu_PL

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

for me v2 still works perfectly fine and I have fully updated Win7 Pro x64 SP1 PL and never used minecraft snapshots -> only official releases and last used 1.6.2... maybe the newest MC snapshot changed something in "MCA" files and chunk loading class used in minutor is not compatible... maybe

or if You got crash of minutor.exe on start maybe updated launcher (1.2.2) made some changes to the path where minecraft stores the data and minutor cannot access default "minecraft home directory" to load worlds into menu

#644

Metalmorphosis
  • Minecraft: Metalmorphosis

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

@sasiu_PL:
You must be right. I was playing a bit with the latest snapshot yesterday, because I was curious about the new biomes. Deleting the snapshot world resolved this problem.

Quote

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#645

Mem4MC
    Mem4MC

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Agreed,
I deleted my one snapshot world and Minutor 2.0 started just fine. So it seems just having a snapshot save wont allow Minutor to load up.

Mem

#646

Steampump
  • Minecraft: Steampump

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Use old release Minutor 1.6.3 with snapshot it seems to work better than 2.0

#647

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yep, OK that's it, any new snapshot worlds in the saves folder, and Minutor doesn't like it. Good to know. Hopefully mrkite will be able to fix it.
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

#648

mrkite77
    mrkite77

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • Location: Arizona
  • Minecraft: mrkite77

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 08 September 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yep, OK that's it, any new snapshot worlds in the saves folder, and Minutor doesn't like it. Good to know. Hopefully mrkite will be able to fix it.

Thanks for the investigation.  I'll be looking into it.

#649

vpilo
    vpilo

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hi, I just dropped by to make a suggestion: I've used the latest Qt Creator with Qt 5.1 on Windows, and it doesn't link properly. The reason is the zlib static library you added in the sources.
I've fixed it by letting it use Qt's bundled one:

#win32:LIBS+= $$PWD/zlibstat.lib
win32:LIBS+= -lz

By the way - Thanks for Minutor, it's great!

#650

reynaldo666

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm using ubuntu 64bits. I've tried .deb package for ubuntu64, compile source code and compile the git source code for minutor 2.0. I always got the same message: "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char const*' "

#651

webchimp
    webchimp

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

W7 user here with a crash report on V2, using the standalone btw, not tried the version with the installer.
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	minutor.exe
  Application Version:	0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	518af84c
  Fault Module Name:	minutor.exe
  Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	518af84c
  Exception Code:	40000015
  Exception Offset:	00552051
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:	2057
  Additional Information 1:	feb7
  Additional Information 2:	feb76913cf830ad65f7d2a289b53f7ba
  Additional Information 3:	6c20
  Additional Information 4:	6c20f8c8f1aa9e98e73300be4b3c8eef
I've tried deleting snapshot worlds as suggested but that didn't work.
Modloader
>Timber! + Rei's Minimap + ArmourHUD + More Stackables

#652

jchase1970

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

What do I use to unzip the source?  Winzip is having issues with it.

#653

Lanthum
    Lanthum

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hello,

Long time user of Minutor, first time caller ... Sorry, wrong venue.  But seriously - love the program!  I've been using it almost as long as I've been playing Minecraft!

But just recently, Minutor won't work.  After double-clicking on it to start it up, a Windows screen pops up saying that there's been an error and it's shutting down.  I've tried reinstalling it.  I've made sure the worlds are there, and in the same file paths.  Nothing seems corrupted.  It seems like it happened right after Minecraft 1.7.2 came out, but I haven't seen anyone else report the problem yet.  Nothing else has changed about my Minecraft installation; no new mods (no mods at all actually).  It just won't work.  I'm running it on Windows Vista - and nothing has changed on my system (as far as I know).

I've tried reading the other posts, but nothing seems to fit.  I'm not sure what snapshots are, otherwise I would try removing them as someone suggested earlier.

Any thoughts?  I am really missing Minutor, and would love to get it working again!  Thanks for any help you can provide!!

#654

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostLanthum, on 29 October 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hello,

Long time user of Minutor, first time caller ... Sorry, wrong venue.  But seriously - love the program!  I've been using it almost as long as I've been playing Minecraft!

But just recently, Minutor won't work.  After double-clicking on it to start it up, a Windows screen pops up saying that there's been an error and it's shutting down.  I've tried reinstalling it.  I've made sure the worlds are there, and in the same file paths.  Nothing seems corrupted.  It seems like it happened right after Minecraft 1.7.2 came out, but I haven't seen anyone else report the problem yet.  Nothing else has changed about my Minecraft installation; no new mods (no mods at all actually).  It just won't work.  I'm running it on Windows Vista - and nothing has changed on my system (as far as I know).

I've tried reading the other posts, but nothing seems to fit.  I'm not sure what snapshots are, otherwise I would try removing them as someone suggested earlier.

Any thoughts?  I am really missing Minutor, and would love to get it working again!  Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Minutor stopped working when the 1.7 snapshots came out. I would think it also doesn't work if there's a 1.7 world in your saves folder. I haven't tested in a while. We will have to wait until a fix is posted for it, the author knows about it, just hasn't had time to fix it yet I expect.

FYI, snapshots are test versions of the new update code, if you don't have your launcher set to "latest version" you won't see them until the full version comes out. So, when you updated to 1.7, it broke Minutor.

View Postjchase1970, on 19 October 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

What do I use to unzip the source?  Winzip is having issues with it.

Use 7zip, just extracted it and had no problems with it. Hopefully a fix can be made for the 1.7 issue.
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

#655

Lanthum
    Lanthum

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 29 October 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Minutor stopped working when the 1.7 snapshots came out. I would think it also doesn't work if there's a 1.7 world in your saves folder. I haven't tested in a while. We will have to wait until a fix is posted for it, the author knows about it, just hasn't had time to fix it yet I expect.

FYI, snapshots are test versions of the new update code, if you don't have your launcher set to "latest version" you won't see them until the full version comes out. So, when you updated to 1.7, it broke Minutor.

Ok thanks!  That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure.  I tried looking, but couldn't find any post about it.

Thanks for the quick reply!  And keep up the great work MrKite!

#656

mrkite77
    mrkite77

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • Location: Arizona
  • Minecraft: mrkite77

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 29 October 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Minutor stopped working when the 1.7 snapshots came out. I would think it also doesn't work if there's a 1.7 world in your saves folder. I haven't tested in a while. We will have to wait until a fix is posted for it, the author knows about it, just hasn't had time to fix it yet I expect.

Yep.  I haven't taken the time to see what changed in 1.7.  Too busy with Terraria ;)

#657

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

View Postmrkite77, on 29 October 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

Yep.  I haven't taken the time to see what changed in 1.7.  Too busy with Terraria Posted Image

LOL! Damn that Terraria! I've so far succeeded in avoiding the time sink black hole that it is.
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

#658

Rambaldi
    Rambaldi

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Hi, i want to tell you that minutor is the best utility of all, because can switch layers of the map and is much more easy that others. It works in all version exellent for me, but it cant open minecraft 1.7.2 maps. Please help me or tell me if he will update? :)

#659

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostRambaldi, on 30 October 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

Hi, i want to tell you that minutor is the best utility of all, because can switch layers of the map and is much more easy that others. It works in all version exellent for me, but it cant open minecraft 1.7.2 maps. Please help me or tell me if he will update? Posted Image

Read two posts up, he's busy playing Terraria, LOL.
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

#660

rudolf323

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Opens only 3 seconds and then closes (in task manager), not even window showing up..

I'm using win7 64bit AMD