case WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC: //color the label and the slider background
		{
			HDC hdcStatic=(HDC)wParam;
			SetTextColor(hdcStatic,GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOWTEXT));
			SetBkColor(hdcStatic,GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW));
			return (INT_PTR)CreateSolidBrush(GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW));
		}
		break;

The MS documentation at http://msdn.microsof... ... 24(v=vs.85).aspx states that the app is responsible for destroying the brush returned for WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC.
I therefore suggest you create this brush at app startup, remember it in a global var and return that var everytime.

Register or log in to remove.

Parliment

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

Is there a way to use this on a public MULTIPLAYER server?

mrkite77
    mrkite77

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Minecraft: mrkite77

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

xoft said:

I think I've found the leak:

Win/Minutor.cpp(415):
	case WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC: //color the label and the slider background
		{
			HDC hdcStatic=(HDC)wParam;
			SetTextColor(hdcStatic,GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOWTEXT));
			SetBkColor(hdcStatic,GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW));
			return (INT_PTR)CreateSolidBrush(GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW));
		}
		break;

The MS documentation at http://msdn.microsof... ... 24(v=vs.85).aspx states that the app is responsible for destroying the brush returned for WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC.
I therefore suggest you create this brush at app startup, remember it in a global var and return that var everytime.

Good catch.  Thanks.

laststopformad69
  • Minecraft: laststopformad69

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:44 AM

This is great Thanks so much for making this. Keep up the great work.

Rikkubeauty

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

Hi again =)

As I use this tool every day on my SMP server, an idea came to my mind. My friends an I have built some city at x=10000 coordinates, and everytime I open Minutor it's centered at main spawn point (around x=0) so I have to manually scroll to x=10000 wich takes some time and lots of loading.
   So I was thinking of a "go to" function, with X and Z coordinates to enter so it moves faster to a specific point on the map.
   Is it possible ?
   What you think of it ?

Cheers =)

Sanjūrō

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

This is great! Thanks.

One thing I'd like to see would be way points or markers. Basiclly, click on the map and you can place a flag or icon or something there and give it a small label. It would then be even better when combined with Rikkubeauty's idea of Go To. Maybe a little dropdown where your labels were listed and selecting one brings you to that location.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for this app. Will now be my goto mapper.

DaBiggman

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Has this project died?
Posted Image
Diamond Awards: 2

DaBiggman, you now have my favorite avatar on these forums

Adi_Tetac

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

View PostDaBiggman, on 02 June 2011 - 05:30 AM, said:

Has this project died?
Don't think it has died, just hasen't really needed much to be changed recently. Though mrkite did start playing Terraria and make a mapper like this for it too.
I'm Gonna Dance And Have A Champagne Blast! Hmm Maybe I Should Get Dressed First...

asferot said:

The minecraft will be an ever changing piece of evolution...

sashko138 said:

Describing Minecraft is like describing orgasms...

xoft
    xoft

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Well, it seems mrkite / Sean has not been working on Minutor too much lately (last hg commit is 6 weeks old, the addition of 1.5 blocks).

I therefore took the liberty and at least compiled a Windows version without the tiresome GDI leak. For those of you who hate to see the slider go all white, here's a fixed version ;) Note: it does NOT have the 1.5 blocks added (I don't have hg)

http://xoft.cz/minutor/minutor_1_1.exe

Rynfyre
    Rynfyre

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: MedievalElf

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

First off, want to say that Minutor has been immensely helpful to me. My computer has been having random shut-down issues which has led to my Minecraft world dying and me having to find my house over and over again, and only Minutor has been a helpful map-generator that lets me find my way back home quickly and easily.

That being said, I'm having some trouble with Minutor right now and I can't seem to find my house for the life of me. Every time I think I head in the right direction, I think I wind up totally missing the mark.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but when I open my world on Minutor, it's been opening up to the same spot on the map over and over again, even though I know I've moved a good distance away from that position. I went to the View tab, and neither Jump to Spawn nor Jump to Player was available (both grayed out). So I'm kind of lost on where exactly I am in my world. It appears my Minutor is stuck. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

xoft
    xoft

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

View PostRynfyre, on 05 June 2011 - 04:37 AM, said:

[...] when I open my world on Minutor, it's been opening up to the same spot on the map over and over again, [...]

According to the code, Minutor opens up on the spawn position (the position where you appeared when the world was created).

View PostRynfyre, on 05 June 2011 - 04:37 AM, said:

I went to the View tab, and neither Jump to Spawn nor Jump to Player was available (both grayed out).

I don't quite see what you're talking about. My Minutor has no tabs, only a menu, depth-slider and view area. Are you using the Windows version, or anything else?
In the Windows version, the code disables the menu items for jumping to spawn and to player position according to whether a world is loaded or not, no other criteria is used.

xoft
    xoft

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Also, I've noticed that the first time after starting Minutor and load a level, the GoToPlayer and GoToSpawn menu items don't work. If I view the nether and go back again (pressing F5 twice), they suddenly start to work. I have no idea why this behavior is occuring, I've tried doing everything to the sources and nothing helps, it seems Windows itself eats up the window messages for the menu commands.
What this boils down to - if your GoToPlayer or GoToSpawn don't work, try toggling the nether on and off, then try again. It might do the trick.

mrkite77
    mrkite77

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

View Postxoft, on 04 June 2011 - 06:23 PM, said:

Well, it seems mrkite / Sean has not been working on Minutor too much lately (last hg commit is 6 weeks old, the addition of 1.5 blocks).

I therefore took the liberty and at least compiled a Windows version without the tiresome GDI leak. For those of you who hate to see the slider go all white, here's a fixed version ;) Note: it does NOT have the 1.5 blocks added (I don't have hg)

http://xoft.cz/minutor/minutor_1_1.exe

Thanks for that.  Yeah, I've been sucked into Terraria, and it just occurred to me that I didn't re-setup my subscription to this thread on the new forums.

I was going to wait until 1.7 to push out a new version, but I think I'll jump the gun a little.  I should have a new version out tonight or tomorrow... it'll support the new blocks and have your GDI fix.

mrkite77
    mrkite77

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:46 AM

Okay..  I just put up 1.2  Fixing a few of the bugs you guys found, and added the missing blocks from 1.5 and 1.6

Note for mac users: Xcode 4 no longer supports compiling for OSX 10.5, so version 1.2 requires Snow Leopard now.

walrusking898

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

Don't know what is up, but just the other day, Minutor has started running REALLY slow. It lags real bad when I try and move around the map or lower the view, etc.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

DaBiggman

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Is it possible for you to add the color of wool and other block types?  Right now it only shows the base block and not the damage value aka half-steps and wool.
Posted Image
Diamond Awards: 2

DaBiggman, you now have my favorite avatar on these forums

Arsat
    Arsat

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

Under lightning can i see a lightlevel under 7 ? Is this black or grey

I like that tool, but i wanna use it to find monsterspawns too. Goes that ?

Thryduulf

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:09 AM

I'm missing a small square of my map that covers my main house. It is the square of map that contains the bed I spawn to (the bed by my original spawn is displayed fine) and my farm under glass.
It worked fine until the bed update in Minecraft. Minutor used to display a white square, but since upgrading to the latest version it displays the grey-check like unexplored areas.
My Minutor is 1.2
My Minecraft is 1.7.3
I use the linux versions of both, running under the latest ubuntu/gnome

A screenshot of Minutor showing this issue is at http://www.sucs.org/...int/minutor.png

My world is 49.17mb so I haven't uploaded it, but will do if you need it for debugging.

ps: I've tried searching to see if this problem has been encountered and solved before, but I've not found anything.
"The essential things in life are seen not with the eyes, but with the heart" — Antoine de St Exupery.

Thecragies

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

if u find a monster spawner would tell if it's a zombie or a skeleton or slime spider creeper..

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

Any intent to support the Aether mod?
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.