Latest News Article

default texture pack

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

_illusionist
  • Location: Land of the Dead Otters with Eternalist, Spiney, and Caboose
  • Minecraft: _illusionist

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

i tried to ask a new glass to the normal pack and i messed it up and overrided it. and i dont want to reinstall minecraft again, can u just post a link to the pic (i tried google and the forum and couldnt find any)

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

dorino1
    dorino1

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

You don't need to reinstall much of anything; If your looking for the default pack (and dont have any other texture packs) just delete minecraft.jar (and only minecraft.jar) from .minecraft and run Minecraft.exe; It will redownload the jar. You'll still have your saves.

_illusionist
  • Location: Land of the Dead Otters with Eternalist, Spiney, and Caboose
  • Minecraft: _illusionist

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:04 AM

ty

Posted Image

torcado194

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

HELP! i tryed it and now minecraft loads but stops at the end and sais done loading but nothing happens!!

if i redownload will i still get saves back??

thanks!
Posted Image

Chiefwaffles
  • Minecraft: Chiefwaffles

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

I deleted the bin, because deleting minecraft.jar made it break for me. I still kept my saves, and it worked.
Posted Image

jmcneely
  • Minecraft: jmcneely

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

OMG TY! I was freaking out when i messed up my compass and watch. Deleting the bin folder works.

Al Fox
    Al Fox

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

Great, now that doesn't quite work either.

I too came here looking for a default texture pack to install after having unknowingly overrided my default with "HD texture fix" (and this time around, making minecraft.original.jar the minecraft.jar didn't work). So I deleted the .jar and got torcado's problem. Then I deleted the /bin/, and indeed the whole folder got replaced upon Minecraft "updating" itself, but then it crashes.

So...  :o busted, until I can conceive what went wrong.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT a1dce528 --------
Generated 12/7/10 3:42 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Alpha v1.2.6
Java: 1.6.0_22, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 version 3.3.10151 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.nio.BufferOverflowException
at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.ByteBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
at fu.a(SourceFile:148)
at fu.a(SourceFile:62)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.i(SourceFile:977)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:595)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 6bcedc5c ----------

Al Fox
    Al Fox

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:52 AM

Seems in my case there was a file right in /.minecraft/ I had to delete - probably options.txt, which I deleted at the same time as lastlogin, during a little process of elimination.

So I temporarily lost my control settings and such but otherwise I'm alright.

trousers
    trousers

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

thankyou, thankyou. i deleted minecraft.jar, and it stuffed up, but after deleting bin, it worked. now i got both skins :stone: :stone:
[Black] [Red] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Red] [Black]            see the grey dots in the
[Black] [Black] [Red] [Black] [Black] [Red] [Black] [Black]            spider's face?
[Red] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Red]
[Red] [Black] [Red] [Red] [Red] [Red] [Black] [Red]                    try to focus on them.
[Black] [Black] [Red] [Red] [Red] [Red] [Black] [Black]
[Black] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Black] [Black]       trousers
[Black] [Black] [Red] [Black] [Black] [Red] [Black] [Black]
[Black] [Black] [Red] [Black] [Black] [Red] [Black] [Black]

stan galler

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

delete the Version file and that will force minecraft to redownload everything.. I guess what the update checker does is check the version file on the computer against the one the server is using, and if the one on the server is higher, redownloads the bin folder and overwrites any existing data..

Eternalist

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

torcado194 said:

HELP! i tryed it and now minecraft loads but stops at the end and sais done loading but nothing happens!!

if i redownload will i still get saves back??

thanks!
Don't redownload. Simply delete your version file.
Posted Image

IxFlashPointxI

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

You're not supposed to delete the jar. Before you do anything delete the bin folder. Re-run minecraft and it will redownload it.

Then just reinstall any mods you had.

StuartTheLPnoob

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Now what, i can't change my texture pack!

Fitfap
    Fitfap

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Minecraft: Fitfap

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

I got almost the same problems like you guys, but i didn't use a patcher, i just got a texture pack, i putted it in texture packs, runned minecraft, and it displayed a crash.
i deleted it, and dragged it in minecraft.jar, still crashes, i deleted minecraft.jar, stuck on loading, and i was like  :) ...
damn that texture pack!
I had AzasArid Pack. Please help me, it wont redownload, i have minecraft beta, newest version and i bought it. :Notch:
Posted Image

sulphur92

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

I'm having the same problem, though i cant find any minecraft folder whatsoever, only the minecraft.exe, tried deleting most things i could find in panic, emptied the recycling bin, any clues on what to do? Help would be much appreciated

AndroidAR said:

Why not the meat block Notch mentioned. you'd have to set it down and eat it like a cake. Plus I want to be able to make a castle entirely out of meat. A castle that is built with murder, animal cruelty, heart attacks, and delicious. OM. NOM.

KaizenNeko
  • Minecraft: KaizenNeko

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Fitfap said:

I got almost the same problems like you guys, but i didn't use a patcher, i just got a texture pack, i putted it in texture packs, runned minecraft, and it displayed a crash.
i deleted it, and dragged it in minecraft.jar, still crashes, i deleted minecraft.jar, stuck on loading, and i was like  :) ...
damn that texture pack!
I had AzasArid Pack. Please help me, it wont redownload, i have minecraft beta, newest version and i bought it. -_-
In your case it you're trying to use an HD texture pack. Specifically a 128x128 one. Minecraft's texturepack support only extends to 16x16 (same size as the default) ones.

What you'll need to do repatch Minecraft with the appropriate size textures using the HD Texture Patch. Now here's the catch, it MIGHT or MIGHT NOT work just putting the HD texture pack in the texturepack folder. It's always been advised to let the patcher REPLACE the default textures in Minecraft.

Also read the OP for Aza's Arid Pack [128x128], as it explains what all you need to do to get it working.

It's the ears, right?
Girls just love the fuzzy ears! Nyao~! Posted Image

Pinoy_Boy12

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:06 AM

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU ALL. DELETING BIN WORKS!!!

Posted Image

OmegaSpoon

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

I could kiss you guys right now, you are absolute lgends

Posted Image

I LOVE YOU GRAT <3

targaboy

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

dorino1 said:

You don't need to reinstall much of anything; If your looking for the default pack (and dont have any other texture packs) just delete minecraft.jar (and only minecraft.jar) from .minecraft and run Minecraft.exe; It will redownload the jar. You'll still have your saves.
This doesn't work minecraft update but he doesn't anything thats to if you delete a file from minecraft.jar.
Sorry for my bad English it's my second language
Minecraft is just Awesome
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

cd5696
    cd5696

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

You're Welcome