• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to build a bridge

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

skyboysky

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

I would like to build a bridge from the top of a mountain, out through the air, and connect it to a tower I've built. How can I build a bridge out into space? The bridge will be very high and it's not possible to build it from the ground.

thanks in advance!

Register or log in to remove.

Onus
    Onus

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Use the crouching and build off of the bridge blocks you are standing on. Does that make sense??

~
Posted Image

skyboysky

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

how can I "crouch"?

not sure I understand your idea, Onus

Onus
    Onus

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hold left shift and you'll move slowly and prevent yourself from falling of cliffs.

This is in classic too right?  Either way, just tip toe to the edge of the block you're standing on and build off the side of it by looking downwards.

~
Posted Image

Emphursis

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

Crouching is only in Alpha Survival.
In Classic Creative, you can either do it carefully, or look go to the World of Minecraft site and ask there (forum rules prevent me from saying more, sorry)
Number of search results for:
'Cage with spinning thing':14
'Cage with fire': 139
'Room with chests':482
'Found  a dungeon':893

The search bar is there for a reason, USE IT!

Minecraft_Shadow_Hunter
  • Minecraft: imkewl1997

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

View PostEmphursis, on 23 September 2010 - 05:10 PM, said:

Crouching is only in Alpha Survival.
In Classic Creative, you can either do it carefully, or look go to the World of Minecraft site and ask there (forum rules prevent me from saying more, sorry)

you can crouch in beta as well by holding the shift key

Spaceboot1

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

I see this is a pretty old thread, but one answer no one mentioned was to use a water bucket. You can build down from a block in mid-air by creating a water stream on the side of it, and swimming up and down the stream. This allows you to get underneath a block, then return to the top of it.
I think you are going to love my Survival Let's Play series on YouTube! It's called Spaceboot1's Garden. I make pretty things.

Want to play Minecraft SSP like Spaceboot1? Try my modpack, all mods made by me, Spaceboot1!