Dimension of DooM - Adventure type map.
This map is one of the few grand adventure/puzzle type maps available now. You can download it and try to solve all puzzles and clear all challenges!
My main fucus while working on this new map was to add many puzzles accessible to everyone, there won't be crazy and unsolvable puzzles, but many fun and unexpected ones, including a lot of hidden areas and things to do too. This map has all the good stuff from my previous work but made even better!
So far it has about 25 min of gameplay and includes a lot of stuff (+things that were added in latest updates). This map is finished but remember that it is still in development, I will continue adding new stuff every version so check back later
You can download latest version here:
Download "The Dimension of DooM" latest version.
Previous versions here
WinRar if needed can be found here
This map Includes following:
- Puzzles (whole lot of different ones)
- Hidden stuff and passages
- Use of pistons
- Locked Doors (a lot )
- Switches and Buttons (naturally)
- High score counting system (like in The Forgotten Temple)
- Puzzles with minecarts (including booster track pieces, etc.)
- Jumping paths (well, if you don't feel like it you don't have to do it)
- Dispensers (and fire arrows )
- Two worlds.
How to install:
Just extract the archive into your minecraft save directory and then play like any normal world. Please follow the rules posted in starting room.
*please post some screenshots of new version of the map, I'll add them here*
- Post your higscores after you finish playing! There's a lot of secrets Can you find all of them?
- Don't forget to save a link to this thread, so you can find it later.
- Please don't spoil puzzles, let people figure it out for themselves.
- English is not my native lang, so if you can point out any mistakes in game texts please do so
- Please post some screenshots, I'll place them in this post.
- If you have youtube channel you might consider making "lets play" video of your first try. If I watch it it will greatly help me understand how to make this map better.
- If something doesn't work for you - you probably playing with mods (disable them!).
Warning! Don't watch this video before you play this map yourself! You will spoil every single puzzle if you watch it now. Go play it first This video was made by one of the players with very old version (v0.5) of the map.
*please post your let's play video of newest version, I'll add it here*
v1.0 - A LOT of new puzzles including ones with pistons.
v0.8 - purely bugfix.
v0.7 - added few new puzzles and fixed some things.
v0.5 - initial release.