• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Black Screen / White Screen

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

harnlarn

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

When I load minecraft from the downloaded version I log in then get a black screen.

When I load up on the browser I get a white screen.

I have vista and use firefox.  It was working a little earlier today but with no sound now nothing at all
LOL

Register or log in to remove.

Tr0n
    Tr0n

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 913 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

The sounds don't work at the moment as for the screen try reinstalling mincraft.

Posted Image
Prometheus was punished by the gods for giving the gift of Knowledge to man. He was cast into the bowels of the earth and pecked by birds. - Portal 2

harnlarn

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:10 AM

Ive downloaded the launcher a couple times already.  Should I delete it then redownload?  I wont lose my worlds will i?
LOL

jzel
    jzel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Minecraft: jzel

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:13 AM

Its gray. Just press control alt delete, and then end the task and then download the newest version of minecraft.
Jzel, official minecraft addict.

harnlarn

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:27 AM

No its not gray.  I dont know I dont think it is im color blind so it might be.  But i download both the launchers from here http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp.  

it loads up fine to the login screen it flashes done loading then goes black.
LOL

lpcustom
    lpcustom

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

I have this exact same issue. However, I've tested the Linux and Mac clients. They both work for me. During the free play weekend I downloaded and played Minecraft. I bought it today. When I try to login now, it doesn't work, but this only happens on the machine I played the free-play on.

ArmoredFox

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:36 AM

I'm having the exact same problem, White/Black screens, but also only on the computer I played the free weekend on.
Would love if someone could figure out whats going on.

Basic
    Basic

Pikamin

• Retired Staff
  • 1174 posts
  • Minecraft: Basic

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

-Thread moved to support-

q1lk
    q1lk

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:36 AM

My screen goes white when i try to load. Just started happening like 3 min ago. Any solutions. I use chrome and have the newest java

q1lk
    q1lk

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

My problem is, when i open minecraft the loading screen goes blank an freezes up

mcnugget

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

q1lk said:

My problem is, when i open minecraft the loading screen goes blank an freezes up
Try a system restore to whenever it was working.

Viva La RevoluciĆ³n

If I helped you, why not click the + Reputation thing on the bottom right of my post!

Poizen00
    Poizen00

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Dont system restore that wont do anything :S

Loads of people are having this problem since the update including myself , system restore will do nothing for you.

As for the people having issues with the free to play version they tried before buying it. I was having the same problems with that, it seemed to conflict with the files created by the free version, I could barely even get on before it would crash. I ended up just wiping all minecraft data off my pc and reinstalling the version i purchased. It reduced the amount of crashes but didnt stop them happening

JackSaints

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

I got the same problem OP
Really pissing me off
If anyone has an actual solution, I will be most grateful

Interestingly I think it has been messing up since my brother fucked aroud with some mods
Except he has a different account to me

groundedcontrol

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:14 AM

Hello. I'm new. My friend convinced me to give this game a try. I love it, but I too am experiencing the black/white screen in windows seven. worked fine for several days, now it doesn't. Nothing seems to have updated, and I've tried everything in the "read before posting" sticky, but still no luck.

I don't mind the down time too much, since this is still a beta, but is there any help anyone can offer? Is there any guess as to how long this issue will persist before a fix is published (or updated out of existence)? I just set up my first server today, and now I have my friends playing on it and I can't. It's quite disappointing.

groundedcontrol

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Finally found a fix that worked for me. (not thanks to getting any help) I'm linking to the thread where I found help, and bumping that thread. Because it ought to be stickied.
http://www.minecraft...ic.php?t=108884

Tryseys
    Tryseys

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

View Postgroundedcontrol, on 20 February 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

Finally found a fix that worked for me. (not thanks to getting any help) I'm linking to the thread where I found help, and bumping that thread. Because it ought to be stickied.
http://www.minecraft...ic.php?t=108884

That link isn't in reference to the same problem as this one. Still having the same fing problem. bought it yesterday played it all night no problems at all. Then my laptop has a bit of a crash (asks for a system restore) so i system restore and now Black/White. Please only post if you know the problem or at least recognise the symptoms. If one more person posts 'have you tried reinstalling java, drivers etc?' Yes we have just because we are having tech issues doesn't mean someone who has no experience of the issue can walk in and help the noobs by saying 'did you try double clicking'. Sorry to rant but its so unhelpful and patronising. It would be ok if it was once per thread even. Mah.

TaiyouInc
  • Minecraft: Solarinc

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

View Postq1lk, on 05 February 2011 - 04:54 AM, said:

I seem to be having the same problem as you. In my case, after I log in to minecraft (the downloaded version), I get the Mojang logo. After that, I get the background of the options menu, but not the title or options or anything. That lasts for some ten seconds, and after that the Minecraft screen goes black. The rest of my pc keeps functioning like normal though. Is that similar to what's happening on your computer?

Btw, I hoped it would be resolved with the 1.7.2 version, but while it did download and update, it the results are still the same...

df102
    df102

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Minecraft: darkfires102

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

I have the same problem. But its diffrent it happens when I put in too many meterials that make it lag and then white screen after a few minutes im running windows xp and on downloadable client i get hs_err_pid

I hope they fix it with an update oh and now whenever there are wolves it happens ALOT.
Posted Image

yassir
    yassir

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Minecraft: Riflz

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

yeah i got that problem to so how to fix this?

themarsman1

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

do you have any mods installed if you do you have to go into the minecraft . jar folder and delete meta.inf