• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45502 replies to this topic

lasmori
    lasmori

Out of the Water

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostNisheeth, on 29 December 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

1) When you say output, do you mean the face that is put by the inventory (chest) (the large face like a +), is the one connected to the tube? That doesn't even connect for me. Can't think of any other setup. Could you post a image of the setup, I will try to replicate it.

By output I mean the face that is supposed to be next to an inventory.  In this case, there is a tube on either side.
Tube <-> Manager <-> Tube

I know they are not supposed to work this way, but it does crash the game. :)

Register or log in to remove.

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I doubt anyone actually scavenges this thread for BUG reports..
This is a lil' graphical thing.

Steve doesn't know how he should hold a wool card.
Three iron ingots and two stick don't make a pickaxe.
Three iron ingots, two sticks and craftsman's effort do!

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Minecraft: PonyKuu

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

There are no place for bugreporting... Maybe we should post them on the wiki... I'm not sure.

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

View Postlasmori, on 29 December 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

By output I mean the face that is supposed to be next to an inventory.  In this case, there is a tube on either side.
Tube <-> Manager <-> Tube

I know they are not supposed to work this way, but it does crash the game. Posted Image
Tried this out. It crashes the game. Though it visually doesn't connect, it tries to put the requested item into the tube.

yoso
    yoso

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm getting the following error when starting minecraft:
Spoiler:
I only installed Forge 6.5.0.489, ChickenCore, NEI and RedPower 2 (Core + Digital, Mechanical and Compat)

joseluisp

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Could anyone confirm this? My game crashes when I try to craft the zooming out of a map by surroundering it by 8 papers in an advanced crafting table. So I must use the vanilla crafting table for that recipe. Using 1.4.6 and rp6.

Spoiler:

Ian_Maayrkas

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostNisheeth, on 29 December 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

3) That is new. Might be a bug, or might be intentional (I doubt it though).

Why should it be a bug? A manager is just a machine. Retrievers can't pull from chests behind transposers and such, why should they behave differently with managers?

Please, correct my English.
Posted Image

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostIan_Maayrkas, on 29 December 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Why should it be a bug? A manager is just a machine. Retrievers can't pull from chests behind transposers and such, why should they behave differently with managers?
Because I feel that by preventing the retriever to pull out from a manager network will result in needlessly complex systems, I think it  should not be intentional. One reason for it to behave differently for managers could be that they are higher tier than the other machines?

FANS4ever

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

So i can't get sapphire ores to spawn what to do? ....

Edit :
Now its all ores except ruby ore
Forever Protecting Hyrule (Zelda fans unite)
Posted Image

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostNisheeth, on 29 December 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Because I feel that by preventing the retriever to pull out from a manager network will result in needlessly complex systems, I think it  should not be intentional. One reason for it to behave differently for managers could be that they are higher tier than the other machines?
That sounds like a reasonable explanation.
Retrievers are not sophisticated enough to be able to comunicate with the managers.
They are designed to work with inventories adjacent to tubes.
We might see a retriever markII which would be a manager-retriever hybrid, that can do what you say.

Absence of the feature makes sense to me.

Byzanticus

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

View Postyoso, on 29 December 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Spoiler:
I only installed Forge 6.5.0.489, ChickenCore, NEI and RedPower 2 (Core + Digital, Mechanical and Compat)

Could possibly be an issue with Forge.  I know that .480 was bugged and would crash MC when loading certain mods.  Try using an earlier version.

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostIreee, on 29 December 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

That sounds like a reasonable explanation.
Retrievers are not sophisticated enough to be able to comunicate with the managers.
They are designed to work with inventories adjacent to tubes.
We might see a retriever markII which would be a manager-retriever hybrid, that can do what you say.

Absence of the feature makes sense to me.
Agreed. That would make sense.

Snappybean
  • Minecraft: Snappybean

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

It is complete!!!!

Now you may witness the power of this fully armed and operational... er... TBM!!

Ladies and Steves of all ages, I present to you...

THE CUBE

Posted Image

What is the Cube, you ask? Why, I believe it's RP2's first (I assume, please correct me if I am wrong) omnidirectional tunnel boring machine!!! This massive construct has around 1600 blocks 2800 blocks (maybe more, who's counting??), 12 bat boxes, and 48 motors to help it chew through anything it comes across. Details, you ask? Ok!

Spoiler:

I really could go on and on about this (well, more so than I already have, anyway), so suffice to say I'm quite proud of my little machine, but I would like to know what you all think. I already have some revisions in mind, mostly centered around making it smaller so it is more useful in legit worlds. Thanks to CubicBerserker for his input on my first revision, saved me a lot of contemplation Posted Image

Let me know what you think!
He who dies and runs away, lives to die another day.
- Anonymous

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostSnappybean, on 29 December 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

It is complete!!!!

Now you may witness the power of this fully armed and operational... er... TBM!!

THE CUBE

Posted Image

What is the Cube, you ask? Why, I believe it's RP2's first (I assume, please correct me if I am wrong) omnidirectional tunnel boring machine!!! This massive construct has around 1600 blocks, 12 bat boxes, and 48 motors to help it chew through anything it comes across. Details, you ask? Ok!

Spoiler:

I really could go on and on about this (well, more so than I already have, anyway), so suffice to say I'm quite proud of little machine, but I would like to know what you all think. I already have some revisions in mind, mostly centered around making it smaller so it is more useful in legit worlds. Thanks to CubicBerserker for his input on my first revision, saved me a lot of contemplation Posted Image

How does it change direction when buried?
(Or actually mining tunnels)

Snappybean

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostIreee, on 29 December 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

How does it change direction when buried?
(Or actually mining tunnels)

It's hard to explain without vids (and my lappy isn't even remotely up to that task), but I'll do my best. As it mines, the head facing the direction of movement can rotate *outside* the profile of the machine by 1 block on each side, for a total of 2 blocks movement space outside the machine. This gives the TBM room to retract it's mining head, back up another direction, and extend a new head. Does this help?
- Anonymous

Trainguyrom
  • Minecraft: Trainguyrom

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hey, I'm having issues with a crash with Redpower, and I was hoping you guys might be able to help.

(copied from another forum post I made)
Alright, I've been putting together a mod pack for a private server I'm looking at starting, and now that I've (mostly) got all the mods I want together, I was moving onto the compatibility-testing stage. I put together the modpack, played around a bit, then realized I missed a few mods I intended to grab. I closed Minecraft, found the mods, went back to Minecraft to get an ID dump (NEI FTW) but I crashed.

looking at the crash report, I saw that the problem stemmed from Wireless Redstone ChickenBones Edition. so I uninstalled that, and got the same crash, this time stemming from the compatibility module from Redpower. I removed Redpower and got in just fine. then I reinstalled Redpower, got the crash, and decided to look for help.

(with WR CBE)
Spoiler:
(without WR CBE)
Spoiler:

Head over to my website at RyanPro.net!
Check out my
YouTube channel!

CubicBerserker
  • Minecraft: CubicBerserker

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

It is complete!!!!

THE CUBE
Spoiler:

It looks seriously awesome. The new way of rotating the heads is quite clever, it also means you don't have to adjust your hardware to change the movement pattern now, which is a big plus.

I also notice that this new design seems bigger than the last one. I recall the previous one having 17*17 drills while this looks like 21*21. It looks to me like this thing has over 3000 blocks rather than the 1600 you mention.

I do believe that the bigger mining radius isn't strictly neccesary though. I have mentioned it before but with proper care to using covers and such even a drill head with gaps can mine straight for two blocks. I even came up with a minimal design (which is 17*17 since that is what you used before)

Spoiler:

You will have to mentally add covers on all the frames though since I really didn't feel like placing all of them. This design is supposed to work with the previous mining radius and can mine straight for two blocks without needing to rotate. (if covers are added) Another bonus would be that any items don't need to travel as far if the exit tube is located somewhere along the vertical line. You could also use it with a larger mining radius of course, this would allow you to use even less block breakers. (right now you can leave two row gaps, each extra block moved means every gap can be one block larger)

If all goes well I'll be having a contraption of my own to showcase either today or tomorrow. That is as long as the sound of bats in my test world doesn't drive me crazy before that.
"The dying state cells tend to lead to directional movement, so almost every pattern in Brian's Brain is a spaceship."
Theblackstar999: "Ugh, this thread has too many CubicBeserker Supporters. I want Cubic IP banned"

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image
I join the folks plagued by
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 119
	 at com.eloraam.redpower.core.RenderContext.orientTextureNew(RenderContext.java:471)
	 at com.eloraam.redpower.machine.RenderMotor.renderWorldBlock(RenderMotor.java:51)
	 at com.eloraam.redpower.core.CoreProxyClient$RenderHandler.renderWorldBlock(CoreProxyClient.java:62)

Anyone managed to resurrect the world plagued with this error?
I get this crash on the attept to start the world (SSP)

View PostSnappybean, on 29 December 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

It's hard to explain without vids (and my lappy isn't even remotely up to that task), but I'll do my best. As it mines, the head facing the direction of movement can rotate *outside* the profile of the machine by 1 block on each side, for a total of 2 blocks movement space outside the machine. This gives the TBM room to retract it's mining head, back up another direction, and extend a new head. Does this help?
Ah yes, it does.
Thanks.

The rotating heads aren't doing 2x2 movement, but way bigger "circles" -> way bigger hole than the cube size is made -> there is always plenty of space

Snappybean

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostCubicBerserker, on 29 December 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

It looks seriously awesome. The new way of rotating the heads is quite clever, it also means you don't have to adjust your hardware to change the movement pattern now, which is a big plus.

Thanks. When I realized I had been going about moving the heads the hard way, I facepalmed.

I also notice that this new design seems bigger than the last one. I recall the previous one having 17*17 drills while this looks like 21*21. It looks to me like this thing has over 3000 blocks rather than the 1600 you mention.

Sharp eye, 21*21 is correct. It is larger, as the previous one was designed head first, so to speak. I was having a real issue fitting any design of inchworm in it at 17*17 that would leave room for the head manipulator assembly. So I rebuilt it, building the inchworm first this time.... ended up being larger than I like. As far as block count is concerned, I do believe you are correct. I don't know what happened to my math there....

I do believe that the bigger mining radius isn't strictly neccesary though. I have mentioned it before but with proper care to using covers and such even a drill head with gaps can mine straight for two blocks. I even came up with a minimal design (which is 17*17 since that is what you used before)

Spoiler:

You will have to mentally add covers on all the frames though since I really didn't feel like placing all of them. This design is supposed to work with the previous mining radius and can mine straight for two blocks without needing to rotate. (if covers are added) Another bonus would be that any items don't need to travel as far if the exit tube is located somewhere along the vertical line. You could also use it with a larger mining radius of course, this would allow you to use even less block breakers. (right now you can leave two row gaps, each extra block moved means every gap can be one block larger)

I plan on experimenting with more breaker patterns now that I have this design to work with. I like to get my ideas out before I lose them : ) . I like your simpler pattern, but I am confused I think on how your proposed head will allow for the tbm to change direction. Are you suggesting interwoven heads? If so, that's a genius idea....

If all goes well I'll be having a contraption of my own to showcase either today or tomorrow. That is as long as the sound of bats in my test world doesn't drive me crazy before that.

I cannot wait to see what you've come up with.

Kill the bats. Kill them now. They're spies of the enemy.
- Anonymous

Craftiyan
  • Minecraft: bdejean

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

View Postyoso, on 29 December 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Spoiler:

That's an ID conflict.  Between Redpower and Redpower ...

Weird.

It is complete!!!!

THE CUBE

Posted Image

What is the Cube, you ask? Why, I believe it's RP2's first (I assume, please correct me if I am wrong) omnidirectional tunnel boring machine!!! This massive construct has around 1600 blocks, 12 bat boxes, and 48 motors to help it chew through anything it comes across. Details, you ask? Ok!

Spoiler:

I really could go on and on about this (well, more so than I already have, anyway), so suffice to say I'm quite proud of my little machine, but I would like to know what you all think. I already have some revisions in mind, mostly centered around making it smaller so it is more useful in legit worlds. Thanks to CubicBerserker for his input on my first revision, saved me a lot of contemplation Posted Image

This is awesome.  Also drives home why, in some cases, I prefer Redpower's automation system to Buildcraft's.  No offence, Buildcraft, you're an awesome mod, but sometimes RP2 requires more creativity.  (Come to think of it, RP2 and BTW seem to, in some ways, be very similar.  That whole "creative, spatial-oriented" designs idea.)

View PostSnappybean, on 29 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Kill the bats. Kill them now. They're spies of the enemy.

Thought those were Chickens, not Bats.  :)
Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?