• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45502 replies to this topic

TheNotchyToad
  • Minecraft: DireSwift

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postreenigne, on 03 December 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Sorry to on your party, however as permissions are such a big thing with FTB, it is possible some of the mod makers for FTB, and who don't like Yogscast, in part for their involvement with Technic, may not grant them permission to broadcast their mods on youtube.  If we are being honest, and if permissions are paramount then, reboadcasting without permission (and what's more making money off of it) is just as disrespectful as redistributing the mods in the first place.

Also:

I like idea of Tungsten carbide, however it is a fairly complex ceramic that requires complex gas and liquid phase chemical reactions that would make factorization ore production look simple.  There's likely going to be more than just the "chemistry bench" to make it. IE: lots and lots of time both to code and use.

Except the FTB team and Yogscast have already been in talks and Slow announced on his stream that they are in fact going to be doing so.

I really hope that we eventually get to other tiers of RP stuff.  I've been hoping for a while it would get there, hopefully sometime in the future ;-)

View PostnamAehT, on 03 December 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

but, as slow said when people at minecon were promoting the FTB pack, this might not be the best timing for them to switch since the launcher and pack still have quite a few problems

They are currently getting to official packs.  There will be the Retro, Voxel, Universal Electricity, Magic Worlds, Tech Pack, Direwolf Pack and Ultimate.  The 3 that are out now are officially released, non-beta packs.  Once the rest come out it will be a full, non-beta launcher.  He (Slow) did say they would be switching over most likely once they update the rest of them which is "sooner, rather than later".

Register or log in to remove.

reenigne

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostTheNotchyToad, on 03 December 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Except the FTB team and Yogscast have already been in talks and Slow announced on his stream that they are in fact going to be doing so.

Slow can speak for Slow alone he can't speak for the individual mod makers, he has said that himself before, although his opinion does seem to carry weight with mod makers.  Permission to include a mod in the pack does not extend to having that mod broadcast, on Youtube or anywhere else. I'll believe it when I see an FTB style permissions post like Slow originally posted here on MC forums, if permissions are really the big issue.

MuadDib_1

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postreenigne, on 03 December 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Slow can speak for Slow alone he can't speak for the individual mod makers, he has said that himself before, although his opinion does seem to carry weight with mod makers.  Permission to include a mod in the pack does not extend to having that mod broadcast, on Youtube or anywhere else. I'll believe it when I see an FTB style permissions post like Slow originally posted here on MC forums, if permissions are really the big issue.

If the mod maker has a problem with someone broadcasting their mod that is between the modmaker and the broadcaster.  Toyota can't hold a car dealer responsible for an idiot crashing their Camry into a school bus.

Edit: Maybe a better one: If I buy a song on iTunes and broadcast it on YouTube illegally.  I'm in the wrong, iTunes has no responsibility.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Posted Image

Iyeru
    Iyeru

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 875 posts
  • Minecraft: Iyeru

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

View Postadcrafter27, on 03 December 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Feed the Beast is a good mod pack but not on 1.4.5
if they wait for redpower, they wait even longer

I made my own pack, manually, after IC2 fixed all the conflicts by fixing ore dictionary compatibility. I honestly don't get why FTB is having issues with the nuclear reactor though.

Posted Image

mouse240

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

I like how Elo has time to make a mining fleet that auto fuels, has time to make turtles create giant walls/towers/9x9s/etc yet she doesn't have time to update her twitter or blog.

Pharabus

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

View Postmouse240, on 03 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

I like how Elo has time to make a mining fleet that auto fuels, has time to make turtles create giant walls/towers/9x9s/etc yet she doesn't have time to update her twitter or blog.

yep I agree, it is great to see her having fun

TheNotchyToad
  • Minecraft: DireSwift

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postreenigne, on 03 December 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Ok, I see where permissions come in with the actual mod pack but I do not and never will agree that I need to get permission to record my playing with a mod.  At that point it is silly.  You will be believing it real soon then, the devs on with Slow and forgecraft seem to have NO problem with it, they were talking about it last night while DW was showing DocM and Monkey some mods (which looks like a really fun video to watch btw, look forward to that one)

It is nice she got to enjoy herself for a few minutes away from modding and working so I kinda agree with you. As for the update..we have up to the minute news as of yesterday so the point you're trying to make is completely baseless.  Devs do actually build things while testing their mods out as well.

BlockyDude
  • Minecraft: b0h

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Well, it's nice because she deserves to have fun. It's pointless to make a mod if you don't have fun whenever you want.
After all, she has no obligation toward us. She can do whatever she wants. :)
And , as i always say, people who have time to lean have time to clean. So, if someone is tired to wait, please go take your broom and a wet cloth, and start cleaning your house instead of complaining here :D
Posted Image

juress
    juress

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Postreenigne, on 03 December 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Sorry to on your party, however as permissions are such a big thing with FTB, it is possible some of the mod makers for FTB, and who don't like Yogscast, in part for their involvement with Technic, may not grant them permission to broadcast their mods on youtube.  If we are being honest, and if permissions are paramount then, reboadcasting without permission (and what's more making money off of it) is just as disrespectful as redistributing the mods in the first place.
You are joking right?
I'd say the only one that could forbid someone from making out of minecraft videos is Mojang and they allowed it.
Individual mods can't just say - hey, you, I don't like you, so don't you dare posting videos, where you're plaing MINECRAFT with my mod on youtube...
Thats the stupidest thing I've ever read, because whatever you do - you are still playing Minecraft, nothing else. The game isn't magicaly transformed into some other game...

Besides, mod developers can only benefit from videos by Yogscast and anyone else really, because they are essentially a free advertisement for their mods.

BlockyDude
  • Minecraft: b0h

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

View Postjuress, on 03 December 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Besides, mod developers can only benefit from videos by Yogscast and anyone else really, because they are essentially a free advertisement for their mods.

Posted Image
Posted Image

pyros68
    pyros68

Carpenter

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Seriously, I assume you are quite young and do not understand the intricacies of being an adult, please clarify with your parents, they will help you understand the situation better.

MangledMonkey
  • Minecraft: MangledMonkey

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

You are joking right?
I'd say the only one that could forbid someone from making out of minecraft videos is Mojang and they allowed it.
Individual mods can't just say - hey, you, I don't like you, so don't you dare posting videos, where you're plaing MINECRAFT with my mod on youtube...
Thats the stupidest thing I've ever read, because whatever you do - you are still playing Minecraft, nothing else. The game isn't magicaly transformed into some other game...

Not trying to refute everything you said, but I'd bet anything that the Yogscast makes several times more money from posting the videos than the developers make by actually creating the mods.
I believe in a better world; a more beautiful, pure and extravagant vista filled to the brim with life.
Time for a new seed.

pyros68
    pyros68

Carpenter

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostMangledMonkey, on 03 December 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Not trying to refute everything you said, but I'd bet anything that the Yogscast makes several times more money from posting the videos than the developers make by actually creating the mods.

I'm really glad they are getting their own game, I pray, they take their enthusiastic fans with them, when they leave

edit : subtlety

Alorty
    Alorty

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Minecraft: alorty

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

You are joking right?

You're thinking in the wrong terms. All mods are separate software products, whose goal is to interface with another software product. They are designed and programmed independently of the original, and thus are subject to all the rights that the software it integrates with can hold, and while it may be limited by it, it is not denied the ability to set its own limits. Eg: Minecraft is not allowed to be recorded, thus the mod cannot surpass this limit. But if Minecraft Is allowed to be recorded, this does not in turn mean that the mod must be allowed to be recorded. Since we've established it is its own product, we can reach the conclusion that it is allowed to set it's own rights so as long as the limits set upon it by the product it interfaces with are respected.

Emasher
    Emasher

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 451 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

I would imagine the way Yogscast uses mods in their videos would fall under fair use or similar. Even if it doesn't, I'm not aware of any mod creators forbidding their mods from being showcased in such a way. I think it's fairly unlikely that this would become an issue. If it does, the Yogscast could simply uninstall the particular mod.

As far as the Forge liquid API and block implementations go, liquids can either be items or blocks. They have to implement the Java interface ILiquid, and then have to be registered in the LiquidDictionary. Currently, there is another interface IBlockLiquid that, when implemented by an item based liquid, will provide a block implementation for that liquid when it is registered. However, to my knowledge, only the interface exists and not the actual implementation at this point.

https://github.com/M...ftforge/liquids
Posted Image
Also: GasCraft, and Defense.

Pablare
    Pablare

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Minecraft: Pablare

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostAlorty, on 03 December 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

You're thinking in the wrong terms. All mods are separate software products, whose goal is to interface with another software product. They are designed and programmed independently of the original, and thus are subject to all the rights that the software it integrates with can hold, and while it may be limited by it, it is not denied the ability to set its own limits. Eg: Minecraft is not allowed to be recorded, thus the mod cannot surpass this limit. But if Minecraft Is allowed to be recorded, this does not in turn mean that the mod must be allowed to be recorded. Since we've established it is its own product, we can reach the conclusion that it is allowed to set it's own rights so as long as the limits set upon it by the product it interfaces with are respected.
i thought it was said by mojang in their conditions on mods that they could be recorded if officially released
besides their are so many people recording and streaming these mods it would be ridiculous if a mod dec wouldnt allow the yogcast to play with the mod also i thought they streamed tekkit before? if so they would have already streamed a few of these mods in FTB
Posted Image

CoderJ
    CoderJ

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostAlorty, on 03 December 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

You're thinking in the wrong terms. All mods are separate software products, whose goal is to interface with another software product.
You're thinking in the wrong terms, actually. The mod is made using assets and source from Mojang (the decompiled Minecraft source, often along with supplementary code provided by others). As such, it gets tied into Mojang's Terms of Use. However, that's where you're right again.... (second paragraph of "What You Can Do" from Mojang's Terms of Use)

Any tools you write for the game from scratch belongs to you. Other than commercial use (unless specifically authorized by us in our brand and assets usage guidelines - for instance you are allowed to put ads on your YouTube videos containing Minecraft footage), you're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around, that's no fun. Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money. We reserve the final say regarding what constitutes a tool/plugin and what doesn't.

Fair use comes into play, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

irunor
    irunor

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostnamAehT, on 02 December 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

thats MC lighting being derp, smoth lighting helps

Ahhh, thanks. It was gonna drive me crazy >.<

skycraft1811

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Cant wait to test the new Pipe-Frame mechanic <3 Tubes inside of Frames allows to build awesome contraptions (Dw20´s 9x9 bore head :D)

Will definetely test this out on upcoming  my server lp

eb99
    eb99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

So latest news from slows stream. Eloraam is down to the last 3 bugs and yogscast *should* be using FTB in the near future :)
Posted Image
Check Out My Modding Tutorials at http://www.minecraft...st__p__19197074