• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45502 replies to this topic

Pablare
    Pablare

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Minecraft: Pablare

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 29 November 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

first of all, you mean undone as far as enderchests balance trolling goes, CB isn't going to lock them to 3x3 from what it sounds like and the size will be configurable.

the armor crying, to that all i have to say is you are completely and totally wrong, get a diamond sword and someone who's afk in a gravisuite and see for yourself, they're nowhere near creative mode.

also, i believe you mean nerfs, not nerves, there is a difference.

as far as block breakers, i already explained this but it's just not gonna happen, a diamond pick is somewhat more reasonable but i really doubt we'll see a tier 3 block breaker as it would probably have to waste another block ID for something near functionally identical to the tier 2 ones.

not to mention that if the current tier 2 block breakers became useless for frame quarries that would effectively cancel out how much easier frame quarries and frame structures in general are to build now due to frubes so i very seriously doubt it based on that as well.
first of all thanks for correcting my language im not a native speaker and still in school (10. grate) i really appreciate it this here is practising my English skills

i still think creative fly is overpowered (gravitonsuite) through you have convinced me that the IC armour isnt that op
i am ok with config options i like them and if someone really wants to not have a balanced game they can through config options
i still think blockbreaker arent fitting with the games logic but we are arguing from different points of view here so its both kind of valid

on world generation: i wouldnt want too have cooper and tin and stuff that i wouldnt be able to use
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

rrusciguy
    rrusciguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Minecraft: rrusciguy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Darkshire, have you had ANY experience with programming in an object oriented language?
I have. And let me tell you a little secret: a change in one object (either API or your own program) often necessitates a change in objects using a method or property from that class, and that can often lead to a chain of tweaks and bugs that now need to be fixed. take for example when i was coding a custom GUI system. I made a change to the simple button object i had created. And then i had to go and change all my dialogue boxes, my file system browser, and tweak the event handler. Now, that was with a simple change to a simple object. now imagine that in a complex program, but with multiple hooks, classes, and methods and other calls being changed at the same time, and you had multiple objects using those changed items, and all your objects were interconnected.

View PostPablare, on 29 November 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

yeah you are right we will never see redpower public because eloraam is so egoistic that she wants to decide herself when she want her project to be out to the public whats wrong with you guys its her damn mod and it is some kind of art its as stupid as when people cried about the ending of mass effect i bet musicians could release their albums earlier and half ready but they dont cause someone with a a art project (which includes games) maybe doesnt want to release it when its not ready you wouldnt expect that from your favourite band either

first of all thanks for correcting my language im not a native speaker and still in school (10. grate) i really appreciate it this here is practising my English skills

i still think creative fly is overpowered (gravitonsuite) through you have convinced me that the IC armour isnt that op
i am ok with config options i like them and if someone really wants to not have a balanced game they can through config options
i still think blockbreaker arent fitting with the games logic but we are arguing from different points of view here so its both kind of valid

one thing about the graviton suit: while flying energy is used up rapidly. Seems pretty realistic to me
"my build. I push the buttons" -DW
He's a mad man with a box
Posted Image

TheNotchyToad
  • Minecraft: DireSwift

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostDarksire, on 29 November 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Yeah... always world breaking bugs... any SS of it? I see how many times Forgecraft world got "corrupted".

Yes there is (was) a world corruption bug that was replicatable but the people on the server know not to do it, that isn't a rumor that is a fact stated by 2 people that play with it daily.

Darksire

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View Postrrusciguy, on 29 November 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Darkshire, have you had ANY experience with programming in an object oriented language?
I have. And let me tell you a little secret: a change in one object (either API or your own program) often necessitates a change in objects using a method or property from that class, and that can often lead to a chain of tweaks and bugs that now need to be fixed. take for example when i was coding a custom GUI system. I made a change to the simple button object i had created. And then i had to go and change all my dialogue boxes, my file system browser, and tweak the event handler. Now, that was with a simple change to a simple object. now imagine that in a complex program, but with multiple hooks, classes, and methods and other calls being changed at the same time, and you had multiple objects using those changed items, and all your objects were interconnected.

one thing about the graviton suit: while flying energy is used up rapidly. Seems pretty realistic to me

Yes, I do program. No I won't make a mod for myself, maybe, idk. If I do, I wont release it, cause I can't comit to it. And this is my point, if you can't do it, just give up, open the code and let someone else do it. And she isn't only fixing bugs, she is adding tons of new stuff to it, that may create MORE BUGS, delaying the release even more.

I'm cool it's her decision, I told already, I don't use RP2 since 1.3.2, I just don't agree with her attitude as a moder. Several other moders had same or equally hard to deal bugs, and kept talking to the comunity, giving some reports (not they are meant to, but it's nice), released open BETAs, even Alphas, telling people: "guys, it has bugs, plz report if you find any". If it is her choice to do it or not, I cannot do sh67567t about it, but I can judge it whoever i like/agree or not.

View PostTheNotchyToad, on 29 November 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

Yes there is (was) a world corruption bug that was replicatable but the people on the server know not to do it, that isn't a rumor that is a fact stated by 2 people that play with it daily.

You do realize that every single bug they find they think it is PR2 then find out latter it is some other mod? The wooden Pipe problem for example.

TheNotchyToad
  • Minecraft: DireSwift

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Postsossioaruta, on 29 November 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

What i really would like to see at this point is world generation. Don't see any reason why it shouldn't be released.
Apart from that RP2 is elo creation and she can do whatever she wants, but at least world generation could let most of us at least start a new 1.4.5 world, gather some resources and be ready when RP2 is released.

Because CORE was bugged that was the major issue as of last week. Without core you get no world gen or anything else

View PostDarksire, on 29 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

You do realize that every single bug they find they think it is PR2 then find out latter it is some other mod? The wooden Pipe problem for example.

Except this was from a Core module machine within RP, not another mod that caused it.

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostFaNT1m, on 29 November 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

You clearly don't listen. What I meant was that world corruption may be happening, without any of us knowing...
I don't agree with you at that point.
They sure have periodical backups, as seen in all DW's videos.
If noone filmed the corrupted world before the backups got pulled..., we just wouldn't know.
(I saw the footage where Grumm lost half of his house, though)

And, the most important part:
Asking how he can setup periodic backups for himself is in no way wrong.
Three iron ingots and two stick don't make a pickaxe.
Three iron ingots, two sticks and craftsman's effort do!

Sage Harpuia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Postblargh555, on 29 November 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Does anyboy know if those black stone blocks in DW's Server Play, Ep. 55 are new variants of basalt, and if so, if there are marble variants as well?
Yes, basalt paveou...or some french word like that. Also a new circle variant that wasn't shown before...marble variants are unconfirmed for now, and Alexandria said that Elo said that marble was too different from stone (chemically, she could do that in code) to allow similar recipes. There will be (maybe) other decor block based on marble.

Posted Image

Pablare
    Pablare

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Postrrusciguy, on 29 November 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

my point is that no matter what its cost is providing that it is doable its still overpowered to be able to fly its just creative mode
no matter what the price is its not survival when you just fly away under any conditions
Posted Image

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

yeah you are right we will never see redpower public because eloraam is so egoistic that she wants to decide herself when she want her project to be out to the public whats wrong with you guys its her damn mod and it is some kind of art its as stupid as when people cried about the ending of mass effect i bet musicians could release their albums earlier and half ready but they dont cause someone with a a art project (which includes games) maybe doesnt want to release it when its not ready you wouldnt expect that from your favourite band either

on world generation: i wouldnt want too have cooper and tin and stuff that i wouldnt be able to use

well if you want english help i can definitely do that, i agree that from different points of view it's less or more of a concern, i really think it's unlikely just because of how complex you'd have to make frame machines to power them or replace parts in the block breakers, i guess powering them would be more of a concern though since you'd likely be using frubes already, of course we may at some point see a hybrid jacketed cable (power and redstone) and hybrid frubes from that.

as far as english help goes, egotistic, not the way you spelled it, if you use firefox there are spellchecker addons by the way, you also seem to have a lot of problems with contractions, mainly you don't use any at all, anytime you combine two words like it is into it's, or is not into isn't a contraction and apostrophe is correct although contractions are strictly speaking bad grammar, there's a few more spelling errors in there too.

Pablare
    Pablare

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

well if you want english help i can definitely do that, i agree that from different points of view it's less or more of a concern, i really think it's unlikely just because of how complex you'd have to make frame machines to power them or replace parts in the block breakers, i guess powering them would be more of a concern though since you'd likely be using frubes already, of course we may at some point see a hybrid jacketed cable (power and redstone) and hybrid frubes from that.

as far as english help goes, egotistic, not the way you spelled it, if you use firefox there are spellchecker addons by the way, you also seem to have a lot of problems with contractions, mainly you don't use any at all, anytime you combine two words like it is into it's, or is not into isn't a contraction and apostrophe is correct although contractions are strictly speaking bad grammar, there's a few more spelling errors in there too.

i think for the concern of blulectricity it may be not that much of a problem since all machines are conductors too
Posted Image

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

*pokes too-DAMN-much* If you're going to try to help him with his English, can you throw in capitals and punctuation too? Using correct punctuation and capitalization goes a long way toward making sentences readable.

I don't normally correct people's grammar on the forums because as long as I can understand what they're saying it seems a bit rude. However, since Darksire is trying to improve his English, it seems appropriate here.

Darksire, for the most part your English is very understandable, though I can tell it's not your native language. You're doing very well with it, in my opinion.

As for Redpower, I saw those dark pavers and circle blocks. I confess the significance escaped me. It leads me to a quick question though. Is there a way in Redpower to craft the chiseled stone blocks? I dearly love those. I can use EE3 to transmute to them, but it would be fun to have alternate methods.
Posted Image

DZCreeper
  • Minecraft: DZCreeper

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

From 2 pages back someone suggested that the tier 2 block breakers(if there will be such a thing) use blutricity. I completely dislike this idea, cause this would make the power usage of machines astronomical. I would rather have to get a diamond pickaxe for each blockbreaker compared to that. Just my feelings.
Runs Forthwind TF2 server. Makes textures. AMA about running game servers.

Sage Harpuia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostGrammieFi, on 29 November 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

As for Redpower, I saw those dark pavers and circle blocks. I confess the significance escaped me. It leads me to a quick question though. Is there a way in Redpower to craft the chiseled stone blocks? I dearly love those. I can use EE3 to transmute to them, but it would be fun to have alternate methods.
Yes, four bricks in a a 2*2 area on the crafting table. Yields four ornate bricks.

EDIT: as well there are way to get mossy stone and bricks, and cracked bricks.

Posted Image

Craftiyan
  • Minecraft: bdejean

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostSage Harpuia, on 29 November 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

Yes, four bricks in a a 2*2 area on the crafting table. Yields four ornate bricks.

EDIT: as well there are way to get mossy stone and bricks, and cracked bricks.

2x2, you mean?  :)
Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

Sage Harpuia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostCraftiyan, on 29 November 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

2x2, you mean?  Posted Image
LOL, your quote wasn't as fast as my ninja edit!

Also saw DW20 video, sortron keeps getting sexier....

Posted Image

Saul_Goode

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostDZCreeper, on 29 November 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Slightly less than a month. It will be out on either the 25th or 26th. (Reasoning: Less people rush to download RP2, and that way blog won't crash.)

You really shouldn't state things as fact unless you know that they are indeed facts. If bandwidth were that much of a concern then there are options other than the ones she uses.

View PostPablare, on 29 November 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

--snip--

I'm pretty sure that you just need to stop installing mods and stick to vanilla considering all the things you don't like and think is OP.

::cough::Tungsten::coughcough::

View PostTheNotchyToad, on 29 November 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

Because CORE was bugged that was the major issue as of last week. Without core you get no world gen or anything else
Except this was from a Core module machine within RP, not another mod that caused it.

And that's a failure on the mods part given the modular nature of RP2. If the bug is in 'Core', and the bug is because of a machine then that tells me that the machine code is in the wrong place considering that the particular bug is NOT in the 'Machines' module.

Core should only be the absolute minimum that is required for each individual module to work and absolutely nothing more. Core should not contain Blulectic code, Machine code or Logic code.

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

if you use firefox there are spellchecker addons by the way

If you use Firefox you have spellcheck built in. If you misspell a word (or it thinks you did) it puts a red squiggly line under it. If you right-click the word it will give you some suggestions at the top of the right-click menu.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostGrammieFi, on 29 November 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

-snip-

honestly, my strong suits are spelling and comprehension, in other regards my english is a bit poor. Posted Image Posted Image

i think powered block breakers you have a point on though pablare, i can see it being a bit messy still though, assuming once jacketed power cable can power each block breaker touching it in a single array or wall of them, but then you would have an extra bit sticking up above the rest which would require limit it's movement significantly, then again frame motors do have weird limitations on spreading power but i think they're the exception, still i'm not sure if it's worth using another block ID for, i'd probably just rather disable the tiered type and use the classic if we have the option, 5 block IDs is a whole other mod we can add and from what i remember it's within 50 of the limit or so.

View PostSaul_Goode, on 29 November 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

If you use Firefox you have spellcheck built in. If you misspell a word (or it thinks you did) it puts a red squiggly line under it. If you right-click the word it will give you some suggestions at the top of the right-click menu.

ah, i'd forgotten about that, i swear it was an addon but yeah happy to be informed, it's a wonderful thing to have too, i find myself getting stupider as i age and even beginning to misspell words, at least that helps me continue to practice what i'm good at.

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 29 November 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

ah, i'd forgotten about that, i swear it was an addon but yeah happy to be informed, it's a wonderful thing to have too, i find myself getting stupider as i age and even beginning to misspell words, at least that helps me continue to practice what i'm good at.
Misspelling is okay, that could be autodetected by a machine.
But It happened to me many times in here
that I wrote another unrelated but correctly spelled word which made no sense in the context.
  (And realized I wrote nonsense when I got quoted or wondered why is noone replying)
Three iron ingots and two stick don't make a pickaxe.
Three iron ingots, two sticks and craftsman's effort do!

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostIreee, on 29 November 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Misspelling is okay, that could be autodetected by a machine.
But It happened to me many times in here
that I wrote another unrelated but correctly spelled word which made no sense in the context.
  (And realized I wrote nonsense when I got quoted or wondered why is noone replying)

yeah i reread all my posts after i make them just to make sure i'm making sense too.

Pablare
    Pablare

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostSaul_Goode, on 29 November 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

You really shouldn't state things as fact unless you know that they are indeed facts. If bandwidth were that much of a concern then there are options other than the ones she uses.

I'm pretty sure that you just need to stop installing mods and stick to vanilla considering all the things you don't like and think is OP.

::cough::Tungsten::coughcough::

And that's a failure on the mods part given the modular nature of RP2. If the bug is in 'Core', and the bug is because of a machine then that tells me that the machine code is in the wrong place considering that the particular bug is NOT in the 'Machines' module.

Core should only be the absolute minimum that is required for each individual module to work and absolutely nothing more. Core should not contain Blulectic code, Machine code or Logic code.

did you even read what i wrote i said i think the blockbreaker op nothing else i even said that i think redpower is balanced really well
so dont write the stuff the right or think about it more
Posted Image