• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45502 replies to this topic

Nodachi216
    Nodachi216

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1577 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostNightmoore, on 28 November 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

I was doing so well. Checking this thread once or twice a day. Trying to keep calm. Then I see a moderator post this and I get all excited and start clicking refresh like I'm having a seizure.
First and foremost, I will not be held responsible for your state of health! :D

Now then, don't read too much into what I was saying, regardless of what has been said, I have no idea if DW will actually start the new LP next week. I just don't think he will start without RP2 being released. ;)

The Rules!!

You agreed to follow them when you made your account here.

Register or log in to remove.

Bellaabzug21

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

View Posteculc, on 28 November 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

yeah, he's using a beta version for the server LP but presumably he'll be using an actual release version for his SSP LP.

Well, that's a first. I would have strongly preferred if he had just waited like the rest of us have to.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Dragonmoon07

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

he was invited on he didnt ask and they are bug testing and having fun at the same time so dont complain
Dragonmoon07, Infinity Network Forums & Chat Administrator.
Pocket Realms Name: Dragonmoon07_0, because Someone Stole Dragonmoon07.

TheNotchyToad
  • Minecraft: DireSwift

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

View PostBellaabzug21, on 28 November 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Well, that's a first. I would have strongly preferred if he had just waited like the rest of us have to.

?? He is, he is recording is Server Let's Play still. He has said on at least 2 occasions that I have been present for that he will wait until the public release of RP to start his SSP series.  EddieRukus (or however you spell it) is streaming right now on the same server but he isn't on TeamSpeak with Dire, he has just mentioned him being on recording a couple times.

Only RP involving series he is doing that we can't have is the forgecraft one like he has been for the last couple months and that server is full of mods that aren't released and versions of others that aren't available to the public at large yet.

TheNotchyToad
  • Minecraft: DireSwift

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

View PostBellaabzug21, on 28 November 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Well, if you are referring to one of his videos, those are behind.

No, he jumped into Soaryn's live stream Sunday night after he retweeted it.

View Postmal676, on 28 November 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

last vid i saw of direwolf's it was for 1.4.5 and he said that eloraam was letting them use a beta version of rp2.... unless i misheard him anyways.

His video posted this morning was the day 1.4.4 was released.  He never mentioned using a beta version of RP2 for his SSP, everyone on the forgecraft server in his Server Play is using the beta currently finding and working out bugs.

Bellaabzug21

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostDragonmoon07, on 28 November 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

he was invited on he didnt ask and they are bug testing and having fun at the same time so dont complain

View PostTheNotchyToad, on 28 November 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

?? He is, he is recording is Server Let's Play still. He has said on at least 2 occasions that I have been present for that he will wait until the public release of RP to start his SSP series.  EddieRukus (or however you spell it) is streaming right now on the same server but he isn't on TeamSpeak with Dire, he has just mentioned him being on recording a couple times.

Only RP involving series he is doing that we can't have is the forgecraft one like he has been for the last couple months and that server is full of mods that aren't released and versions of others that aren't available to the public at large yet.

Oh my god, i'm sorry. I have dislexia and misread it. Really sorry about that. Not the first time it would have happened though. XD
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

et tu brute

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostTheNotchyToad, on 28 November 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

Yup, I heard the next series DW was doing was on the FTB modpack. I believe he'll start it when it updates and it won't update until redpower releases.

zargondm
  • Minecraft: Zargon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Well this is taking way to long. I quit. bye.
Victory is easy.  When you make it look like your defeat.

russjr08
    russjr08

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postzargondm, on 28 November 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

Well this is taking way to long. I quit. bye.
Good bye!

On topic: So the new frubes, don't push players? :/

LTXmc
    LTXmc

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Dire mentioned a few video back in SMP season 3 that by the time we watched the video maybe we are already playing with RedPower2.
Hopefully Eloraam mentioned something to him that Redpower is gonna release soon. Especially when he recorded vido 4 - 8 days early.

mroctogon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Does anybody know a good way to copy/paste redpower structures? I have an area I want to copy that has lots of complex wiring, covers, strips, and gates.

WorldEdit couldn't hack it. McEdit replaced everything with dirt for some reason. Any ideas of anything that could work?

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Minecraft: PonyKuu

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

I tried to build 1.4.5 version of minecraft and add factorization to it, 'cause I'm kinda tired of IC2 ore production, so I want to try something new...
Results:
Factorization - crash
Railcraft - crash
RedPower - does not exist

What a shame ~_~

xchainblade
  • Minecraft: xChainblade

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

View Postmroctogon, on 28 November 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Does anybody know a good way to copy/paste redpower structures? I have an area I want to copy that has lots of complex wiring, covers, strips, and gates.

WorldEdit couldn't hack it. McEdit replaced everything with dirt for some reason. Any ideas of anything that could work?

Buildcraft blueprints might work, but last I tried, when the builder tried to replicate it, the wires weren't connected. You might have to update just the wires.

Xavura
    Xavura

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Minecraft: Xav_urA
  • Xbox:Xavura

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

WorldEdit CAN do it as of version I forgot.... 5.4 maybe? Use the snapshots - http://build.sk89q.com/job/WorldEdit/

View Postxchainblade, on 28 November 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Buildcraft blueprints might work, but last I tried, when the builder tried to replicate it, the wires weren't connected. You might have to update just the wires.

That's purely a visual glitch, it happens quite often without using BC. Reloading the chunk (via re-logging or whatever) fixes it and may fix it in the BC case as well.

wolvetech

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostPonyKuu, on 28 November 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

I tried to build 1.4.5 version of minecraft and add factorization to it, 'cause I'm kinda tired of IC2 ore production, so I want to try something new...
Results:
Factorization - crash
Railcraft - crash
RedPower - does not exist

What a shame ~_~

You have to redownload factorization. And it wil work

fabricator77

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

I'm using MCEdit 0.1.5 its from October 2012 and it works for copy pasting CP cover/wires as that is what I use it for.

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Minecraft: PonyKuu

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

View Postwolvetech, on 28 November 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

You have to redownload factorization. And it wil work
Did they fix it? I tried that yesterday evening...

malfunctionMC
  • Minecraft: malfunctionMC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

View Postrussjr08, on 28 November 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

Good bye!

On topic: So the new frubes, don't push players? :/

They will push players if there is a raised block, but will slide along below players and other entities.

if you look at the Mattabase stream from yesterday, you will see a small structure behind the diamond chest, this is the part of the frame machine that is pushing Matta along.

http://www.twitch.tv...ase/b/343107804

Redpower - Making control of your Minecraft world a whole lot easier... or as complex as you want to!
Posted Image

ScienTwistNinja
  • Minecraft: Scientwist

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

If I'm not mistaken, MCedit uses the mods and configs to deal with non-vanilla blocks. As long as your Minecraft is still 1.2.5 it shouldn't do that, but it may be a bug atm so if thats the case the person whos taken over maintaining MCedit will have to fix it once Redpower is out.

That or you can use an older version of MCedit and see if that works.

reenigne

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostNodachi216, on 28 November 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

Now then, don't read too much into what I was saying, regardless of what has been said, I have no idea if DW will actually start the new LP next week. I just don't think he will start without RP2 being released. Posted Image

LPing is Direwolfs bread and butter.  At some point he's going to have to start something, because otherwise he is going to be giving up a lot of revenue.