Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
45502 replies to this topic

#37701

AtillatheBun

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostDrocpir, on 27 November 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

I don't IRC for info on a mod. I'll watch the page and thats it. Getting an *error establishing a database connection* on the blog though Posted Image

read the last few posts, everyone has since Saturday

Register or log in to remove.

#37702

zargondm
  • Minecraft: Zargon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

View PostDrocpir, on 27 November 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

I don't IRC for info on a mod. I'll watch the page and thats it. Getting an *error establishing a database connection* on the blog though Posted Image

Her ways are Mysterious.  Don't question.  Just pray real hard and an answerer will come.
Victory is easy.  When you make it look like your defeat.

#37703

Janus_Bifrons

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

View Postluacs1998, on 27 November 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Either Elo has to do it herself or you have to be really lucky in getting permission from her to integrate.The last RP-IC converter was shot down by her.
AFAIK, the RP-IC converter was shot down because the guy reverse-engineered RP2 without Eloraam's consent. If he manages to do his mixed cable without looking into Eloraam's code, I think there's no issue (it would be better to ask her beforehand anyway - it's the sensible/polite thing to do).
Magnum homo potest esse solummodo rem nunquam prae uiderit creat.

#37704

Bellaabzug21

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostJanus_Bifrons, on 27 November 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

AFAIK, the RP-IC converter was shot down because the guy reverse-engineered RP2 without Eloraam's consent. If he manages to do his mixed cable without looking into Eloraam's code, I think there's no issue (it would be better to ask her beforehand anyway - it's the sensible/polite thing to do).

Agreed, it would be really cool seeing converters for every single mod out there.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

#37705

luacs1998
  • Minecraft: luacs1998

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostJanus_Bifrons, on 27 November 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

AFAIK, the RP-IC converter was shot down because the guy reverse-engineered RP2 without Eloraam's consent. If he manages to do his mixed cable without looking into Eloraam's code, I think there's no issue (it would be better to ask her beforehand anyway - it's the sensible/polite thing to do).
The problem is, if you want to extend something, you need to reference the original code. Hence why IC2 has a published API. Elo would probably have done such a thing, however is is most likely fearful that somebody's addon may interfere with what she plans for the mod.

#37706

cupcake cat
  • Location: Norway
  • Minecraft: alely

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostDrocpir, on 27 November 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

You sir, need to get out more Posted Image

Anyhow I thought a pre was going to be available for 1.4.5 but I guess not Posted Image

Sadly i have all the seasons...

Comming soon!

Posted Image


#37707

Terminator810
  • Minecraft: Terminator810

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Do you also have to have over 100 posts to distribute it on a private and very small server, or is that only for mod packs? I kinda what to get my private server prepared for the new RP2 coming out.

P.S I can't wait for RP2! Looks AWESOME! Great work Elo!

#37708

airborn38

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Postluacs1998, on 27 November 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

The problem is, if you want to extend something, you need to reference the original code. Hence why IC2 has a published API. Elo would probably have done such a thing, however is is most likely fearful that somebody's addon may interfere with what she plans for the mod.

I am not talking about a converter.. Just a single cable that can transmit each of the powers.. So for example, I want bluetricity and IC2 power from one end of a building to another. Rather than running 2 sepperate powerlines I run one cable and split them off according the imputs.. so bluetricity goes into the blue cable, and IC2 goes into green. On the otherside of the cable my bluetricity comes out and goes to my Alloy furnace and my IC2 goes to my Induction furnace.. If this example makes any sense.

Also.. if i am to do this.. I would make sure to get everyones permission first.. I would not want to step on anyones toes. I was just wondering what you all thought about the idea

#37709

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View Postreenigne, on 26 November 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

you got all that from a single picture?
LOL. :)
No. I have been read all of the last 200 pages. Somewhere, in the middle was a discussion about it, and much was told about it in the direwolf's videos

#37710

malfunctionMC
  • Location: Out of my mind...
  • Minecraft: malfunctionMC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

View Postmrbaggins, on 27 November 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

Wouldn't a better use of sorters in a "Too many things to sort" problem be to have them all lined up as a wall, with a filter pumping items into their shared input?
++++-----FILTER----CHEST
SSSS
++++
|
++++
||||
CCCC

Where S is Sorting machines and C is chests? Make the sorting machines have no default path, and they act as filters for 30+ items. You could have the chests at the bottom spread anywhere, as long as the lines going to them are painted properly.

that is pretty much my standard setup :) with either a chest (while setting up, to catch currently unsorted items) or recycler setup at the end.

its far easier to set up, power and maintain :)

Redpower - Making control of your Minecraft world a whole lot easier... or as complex as you want to!
Posted Image


#37711

TheEnlightened

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostTerminator810, on 27 November 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Do you also have to have over 100 posts to distribute it on a private and very small server, or is that only for mod packs? I kinda what to get my private server prepared for the new RP2 coming out.

P.S I can't wait for RP2! Looks AWESOME! Great work Elo!
Did you even attempt to read the mod-comp policy in the first post?

#37712

bezaban
    bezaban

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostTheEnlightened, on 27 November 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Did you even attempt to read the mod-comp policy in the first post?

View PostEloraam, on 06 June 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

- Established modpacks or private server packs only.  If your post
count is below 100, and your modpack is less than a month old, I'll just say
no.  A "private server pack" refers to a modpack intended to be used by a
closed membership Minecraft server and distributed only to those members.
- You must have my permission.  Post on this thread.
- Proper credit and attribution.  "RedPower by Eloraam", with a link to this thread, is a suitable example.

I find the way it is worded ambiguous and I have been wondering myself.

Does 'modpack' in the second sentence refer to 'private server packs' as well or only to 'modpacks' as used is the first sentence?

Do the following bulleted points also apply to 'private server packs'? It may seem like that from a syntactical view, but I think that it would make more sense to require permission for including her work in a modpack rather than using it on a server. I can see why she would want to quality proof packs that redistribute her work to the community, but how is she going to go about quality proofing closed servers?

Also seeing as she emphasizes the extent of distribution for private modpacks ('distributed only to those members' ), it leads me to think that she requires permission for public redistribution of her mods in packs, but not for private servers.

Where do you put the credit and the link on a closed server?  This also seems to be referring to public modpacks.

Is she only freely distributing it for single player?  It has been available for download for the mcpc build for a while (mcportcentral.co.za) with no mention of such restrictions, and they are pretty adamant on getting permission.

It can be interpreted in different ways as it doesn't seem to be discretely worded (not discreetly).

Beware of flamewars, I am only presenting my interpretation, and I am interested in yours.  Hopefully someone might have some 'official' information or information on practice that elaborates on this.

#37713

Sodisna
    Sodisna

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1234 posts
  • Minecraft: Sodisna

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

She doesn't visit the forums. She usually plays for Forgecraft.

#37714

BlockyDude
  • Minecraft: b0h

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

View Postbezaban, on 27 November 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

I find the way it is worded ambiguous and I have been wondering myself.

Does 'modpack' in the second sentence refer to 'private server packs' as well or only to 'modpacks' as used is the first sentence?

Do the following bulleted points also apply to 'private server packs'? It may seem like that from a syntactical view, but I think that it would make more sense to require permission for including her work in a modpack rather than using it on a server. I can see why she would want to quality proof packs that redistribute her work to the community, but how is she going to go about quality proofing closed servers?

Also seeing as she emphasizes the extent of distribution for private modpacks ('distributed only to those members' ), it leads me to think that she requires permission for public redistribution of her mods in packs, but not for private servers.

Where do you put the credit and the link on a closed server?  This also seems to be referring to public modpacks.

Is she only freely distributing it for single player?  It has been available for download for the mcpc build for a while (mcportcentral.co.za) with no mention of such restrictions, and they are pretty adamant on getting permission.

It can be interpreted in different ways as it doesn't seem to be discretely worded (not discreetly).

Beware of flamewars, I am only presenting my interpretation, and I am interested in yours.  Hopefully someone might have some 'official' information or information on practice that elaborates on this.

Keep it simple: she simply ask people who use her mod to give her proper credit and ask her before giving her mod to the public in a different way than send people here to download it from her links.

Nothing so difficult: an hard work must receive proper credit.
Posted Image

#37715

Bluehorazon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

It's more like:

If you have an established modpack than RP2 is propably already inside it and if you have a private modpack for a small server you might also just not tell her anything about it and nobody would ever know.

There is nothing wrong with packing some mods for friends to play with you although it would be enough to send them the configs. Key word is public. Private means that you are in full control of the distribution of your pack, which is basically impossible if you place it somewhere public, but if you ensure to limit the access it is private and I don't really think that you need permission in that case, but still giving proper credit so that the people actually know that they play redpower is something you should still do.

#37716

Stratagerm
  • Minecraft: Stratagerm

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Just a small reminder (while everyone waits) that you can be making yourselves useful rather than filling this topic with content-free posts:

The RedPower 2 Wiki said:

Q: This is such an awesome mod! What can I do to help Eloraam and the mod's users?
A: There are many ways you can help:
  • Answer questions on the mod's topic on Minecraft Forum
  • Edit or add to the wiki
  • Make a tutorial video
  • Make a donation (there's a PayPal donate button on the first page of the topic on the Minecraft Forum)
  • Write an example program in Forth, publish the source and describe how it works
  • Write a blog about some aspect of RedPower 2, or something you built with it
  • Tweet about RedPower 2
  • Use one of the RedPower 2 banners in your sig
I've approved some backlogged applications to the RedPower 2 wiki, just the ones that indicated that they would contribute. It would be great to have more contributors to the wiki!

The rest of the applications were declined, as people either couldn't read and follow directions or incorrectly thought that only wiki members can read the content (people create links to pages that haven't been written yet, and attempting to look at one of these empty pages causes people to think they have to join to see it).

The RedPower 2 FAQ: check it first!


Finally, for all the recent arrivals to this forum, here are a couple of blog posts I did almost a year ago documenting some RedPower 2 builds:

Minecraft: Compact cobble generator using RedPower 2

Minecraft: Sorting and smelting system using RedPower 2

#37717

Vagabor
    Vagabor

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

This topic should be closed as redpower will never get updated!

#37718

Bluehorazon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostVagabor, on 27 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

People are saying that because she said something on twitter that it means its going to happen...She said she would update to 1.3. Did she? No. She said 1.4.2. Did she? No. Now she said 1.4.5 and all the fan boys are believing it.

She updated to 1.3, she updated to 1.4.2 and she updated already to 1.4.5.

#37719

Letrange

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Did anyone check Themattabase's stream videos (on twitch) from the last 36h or so?  The pipes inside frames look AWESOME for frame quaries.  The only downside I can see is the amount of iron necessary to make so many block breakers.  Another issue is I seem to recall that blockbreakers are due for a nerf (being a bit too on the OP side).  Anyone know if that's slated for PR6 or a later PR?

As an asside for the newbies to this thread, Elo is on record as saying there will eventually be 3-4 tech levels in the mod and that there will EVENTUALLY be an API once more of the mod is in place.  She only exposes parts of one PR before it's release and keeps most of the details of the later pre-releases close to her chest.  As an example we know that the current recipes for the computer and it's parts are placeholders.  I think we need the chemistry stuff (rubber and plastic from rubber trees at a guess) added before we get closer to the final recipes on those items.  Heck, even wool as the insulator for redstone wires is a placeholder as I recall.  The API isn't due until we get to release - we're still in the pre-release phases.

All provided of course that the whiners and general haters don't drive her away from modding alltogether.  Most of you are behaving worse than 3 year olds.  Grow the **** up.

#37720

Vagabor
    Vagabor

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostBluehorazon, on 27 November 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

She updated to 1.3, she updated to 1.4.2 and she updated already to 1.4.5.

Pretty sure the title says 1.2.5. She hasn't publicly released those versions