• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45502 replies to this topic

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postezekielelin, on 22 November 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

He already did his spotlight. That info is almost two weeks old.
But he is on vacation.
What if Elo is waiting for him to come back and hit the button?
Three iron ingots and two stick don't make a pickaxe.
Three iron ingots, two sticks and craftsman's effort do!

Register or log in to remove.

Lord_vastrix

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postvp79, on 22 November 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

One I do respect Elo, I was just curious, and people do say I tend to ask a lot of questions!

Thanksgiving is today
i think yur right she could be more clear about the progress she makes

ow, and to all the ppl on this forum who act like they know eloraam:
Stop acting like a goddamn fanboy, its pathetic -_-

System security is a temporary condition!

TheNotchyToad
  • Minecraft: DireSwift

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostIreee, on 22 November 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

But he is on vacation.
What if Elo is waiting for him to come back and hit the button?

Nah, he has still been posting the occasional comment on Twitter.  A handful of people would know before it's released, talk would start, ect. All he has to do is unhide it in Youtube.  Overmind on IRC said it's an awesome video.  He asked if he had released it yet yesterday while chatting then got everyone even more anxious by letting us know we are gonna love it (the vid that is).

Darksire

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postmrgreaper, on 22 November 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

it will be annoying if she delays untill his spotlight.
delays due to bugs are bad but understandable, delays for some one to do a video so not cool

It has beeing like this since I can't remember, at least was like this on PR5

View Postezekielelin, on 22 November 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

her wife o_O

How cool is that? huh

Lost-Ninja
    Lost-Ninja

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

View Postmrgreaper, on 22 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

lets face it, we would hapily swallow another block id for red power (or indeed 10 or 20 more...) we have over 4000 of them after all

dire mentioned about turkey day before (which i was told means the americian thanks giving holiday) and that his new season would start after that, as he stated he would not start that untill redpower has been released we speculate that redpower will be out before thanks giving.... but umm when is thanks giving? i thought it was this week but no sign or movement from eloraam since the look at the paper maker so yeah when is thanksgiving?
Doesn't that rather sound like the whole argument pre 2k date wise? Or the whole IPv4 -> IPv6...

There might be enough IDs now and even for the forseeable future but, 4k blocks really isn't that many... :D
[INFO] Sending serverside check to: Lost-Ninja
[WARNING] Lost-Ninja moved wrongly!
[INFO] Stopping server

BlockyDude
  • Minecraft: b0h

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

View Postmrgreaper, on 22 November 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

I have been Posted Image
- snip -

Of course. The Favorite Game has the priority.
But being "in pain" for the wait will only make the waiting more and more unbearable.
Our brain needs to be .. distracted...  that helps.
( Also i mentioned Disgaea 4 cause it's virtually infinite... so, no problems Posted Image )
Posted Image

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostLost-Ninja, on 22 November 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Doesn't that rather sound like the whole argument pre 2k date wise? Or the whole IPv4 -> IPv6...

There might be enough IDs now and even for the forseeable future but, 4k blocks really isn't that many... Posted Image

truth, you'd be amazed how quickly that limit gets hit, honestly speaking of block IDs anyone know offhand approximately how many the FTB pack leaves free?

eculc
    eculc

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • Minecraft: eculc

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

-edited out because the context no longer exists-

Anyways, if dire is starting his LP at about the 1st of December, and it *might* have been out by when the episode today came out, I'm expecting it either this or next weekend. either way, I'm sure we'll find out about it soon enough.
Posted Image

Cuttersc2

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostLost-Ninja, on 22 November 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

There might be enough IDs now and even for the forseeable future but, 4k blocks really isn't that many... Posted Image

its actually far more than is needed. If you even try to add enough mods to take up that amount, your going to either never have enough time to play all of them, or your going to kill your games tick rate due to the amount of updating each mod will require.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostCuttersc2, on 22 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

its actually far more than is needed. If you even try to add enough mods to take up that amount, your going to either never have enough time to play all of them, or your going to kill your games tick rate due to the amount of updating each mod will require.

this is just completely and totally false in every single way, the 1.3.2 version of the server i am currently running had about 4 block IDs in total free and ran silky smooth, no lag at all.

eb99
    eb99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostCuttersc2, on 22 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Exactly, to use up all 4096 ID's unless one mod added something like microblocks but with separates ID's each then NO WAY can you use all those id's without having 250+ mods installed
Posted Image
Check Out My Modding Tutorials at http://www.minecraft...st__p__19197074

JonReed
    JonReed

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1239 posts
  • Minecraft: JonReed

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 22 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

truth, you'd be amazed how quickly that limit gets hit, honestly speaking of block IDs anyone know offhand approximately how many the FTB pack leaves free?

Going through it, there are a couple large ranges left open. At minimum, without counting, I would say around 400-500 block ids are still open. Will come back with a count after celebrating thanks giving. There are probably many more open.
There is a rare mythical button called "Search" that likes to answer questions; however, due to its nature, it often blends in with its surroundings so as to remain hidden.
Posted Image

Bellaabzug21

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

View Posteculc, on 22 November 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Probably just realizing that, I'm guessing most people weren't aware.

Anyways, if dire is starting his LP at about the 1st of December, and it *might* have been out by when the episode today came out, I'm expecting it either this or next weekend. either way, I'm sure we'll find out about it soon enough.

That's an ok assumption, but I don't think he'll hold off after December just for RP2, he's held off for quite a while now.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

junio81
    junio81

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 22 November 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

this is just completely and totally false in every single way, the 1.3.2 version of the server i am currently running had about 4 block IDs in total free and ran silky smooth, no lag at all.
mining for cobblestone on this server must be a pain hmm? XD[/ironie]

_Shizz0_
  • Minecraft: Shizz0

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

View Posteb99, on 22 November 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Exactly, to use up all 4096 ID's unless one mod added something like microblocks but with separates ID's each then NO WAY can you use all those id's without having 250+ mods installed

Like having >200 mods is fun... Imagine you go mining and search for cobble, because all the ores want their place in the world ^^

Fenrir00
  • Minecraft: Fenrir00

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

View Post_Shizz0_, on 22 November 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Like having >200 mods is fun... Imagine you go mining and search for cobble, because all the ores want their place in the world ^^

Funny using 20 Times "Dense Ores" from Mystcraft provides the same "feature"
you get more ore then cobble ><

And for the 4096 IDs are not enough:
You can use meta ids this give you 16 Blocks per id. When you have 50% of blocks witch use "stades" like redstone blocks ore some maschines the you get 8 blocks per id

so 50% 16 Blocks/id + 50% Blocks with multi stades 8 Blocks/id
makes 12 Blocks per ID in an imagnary example world

4096 (- 160 Blocks for Vanilla Minecraft + Updates)
3936 * 12 = 47232 Blocks for Mods

AND some Mod authors are using some tricks to use ids above 4096 or they use multiblocks witch combines to new blocks (block a with block b next to it = block c)

Its not perfect (like NAT for ipv4) but it will not reach its limit soon and minecraft is a game. games get updates / or replacments (with more ids maybe ;)) so don't worry to much :D
Posted Image

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Postjunio81, on 22 November 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

mining for cobblestone on this server must be a pain hmm? XD[/ironie]

not in the slightest, as i said, there is no lag at all, whether you mean frame rate, block or chunk update.

BurstDragon
  • Minecraft: burstdragon

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Whether you like to play with many mods or not, the main fact here is we all are waiting for RP like little babies want to eat each and everything they get a hold of :D

Well, one thing is clear: I personally think RP is one of the most awesome mods for MC out there!!

greez Burst

Humans are born free, nevertheless they live in chains.

vp79
    vp79

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I think its time eloraam finishes redpower 2 and release it or at least release a beta version because it's been what 4 months since 1.3.

Judging by direwolf smp series redpower is in a pretty good shape for a mod

Edit I respect eloraam a lot but I think it's time

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Ah. I completely forgot that VSWE has RP2 to test his new cargo ditributor block in SC2 with.
Three iron ingots and two stick don't make a pickaxe.
Three iron ingots, two sticks and craftsman's effort do!