• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45502 replies to this topic

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Minecraft: PonyKuu

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Naah, who cares, we can play other mods, or even other games (TF2, Yay!)

Register or log in to remove.

Servard
    Servard

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Quick question on world / mod compatibility when there are updates: Would a 1.4.4 world (and associated mods) be playable when the game and mods are update to 1.5? Or would a brand new world needed to be created?

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostServard, on 13 November 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Quick question on world / mod compatibility when there are updates: Would a 1.4.4 world (and associated mods) be playable when the game and mods are update to 1.5? Or would a brand new world needed to be created?
You need to have the old config files for one. And even then, you would be able to play it only if your block IDs from the mods don't conflict with the new blocks added to vanilla.

Saul_Goode

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostServard, on 13 November 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Quick question on world / mod compatibility when there are updates

To elaborate... keep your configs and world. New versions do NOT require new worlds, however... if a mod (or you add a mod that) adds something to worldgen then those changes will only be seen in newly generated chunks and not in the chunks that were spawned in your 'old world'. There are tools (MCedit) that will allow you to delete chunks or you can use math to determine what worldfiles the chunks are in and just delete the desired worldfiles.

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Funny thing: Elo added all the ores for we'll be able to mine them and use them later, when they have a use.
But does anypony keep their old world since... like 1.2.5, for example? I think, everypony will start a new 1.4 world, so all the tungsten accumulated in previous worlds is... useless.

Mecheon
    Mecheon

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Look, I'm sorry, I don't come into threads like this often, just...

View PostPonyKuu, on 13 November 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

anypony everypony
Anybody. Everyone. Keep your blood pony cultism in your own section of the forum or I start breaking out the demonologies

It is entirely possible people might keep the same world, I only ever updated my Minecraft worlds whenever they added new ores or other generation features. It is entirely possible people are just willing to build on top of an existing patch, and just travel out to a newly generated region
The Emperor's Rage echoes through the hills. The Emperor's Strength grips this land with fists of iron. The Emperor's Courage burns everlasting. The Endless Army will crush the Emperor's foes.

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

*sigh*
You are too aggressive. You could at least ask me in a more polite way...

But anyways, tungsten was added a long time ago, and many worlds were died, while tungsten was lying there and doing nothing... That's not a horrible thing, just makes me think about the whole "worldgen first" idea.

tubera
    tubera

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostDegraine, on 13 November 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

I never thought to test this myself, but does anyone know what happens if two liquids collide in a fluid pipe?

Simple, it'll balance out. RP fluid pipes work with a pressure system. (much like TC2 vis conduits)
Posted Image

Lost-Ninja
    Lost-Ninja

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostPonyKuu, on 13 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

*sigh*
You are too aggressive. You could at least ask me in a more polite way...

But anyways, tungsten was added a long time ago, and many worlds were died, while tungsten was lying there and doing nothing... That's not a horrible thing, just makes me think about the whole "worldgen first" idea.
Must admit I was wondering if you talk like that normally... Posted Image but each to their own I say, break out those demons... Posted Image

As for World Gen... whole issue I cannot get into as I seldom keep a world for more than a few weeks (SSP always). Much easier to start over when a new idea crops up - especially as generally new ideas require radical rebuilds - than to break down and rebuild. Just got rid of IC2 and generated a new world using TE for all my processing needs, still stuck with BC until something awesome happens ofc. Only thing I'm having an issue is no recipe for crafting TE tin & copper into Bronze... Posted Image

Not sure whose issue that is. But getting rid of the IC2 + Advanced Machines + Awesome Solars (or whatever) bloat has done wonders for my ingenuity... Posted Image

edit: Now to find a mod that implements just the Crops from IC2, farming once again sucks... :/

Edited by Lost-Ninja, 13 November 2012 - 09:19 AM.

[INFO] Sending serverside check to: Lost-Ninja
[WARNING] Lost-Ninja moved wrongly!
[INFO] Stopping server

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

TC conduits doesn't make a physical sense... While they use something that is called "pressure", they do not split vis and/or taint according to that pressure... the fluid just goes to the destination with highest pressure...

Zombielogic
  • Minecraft: ZombieLogic

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostMecheon, on 13 November 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Look, I'm sorry, I don't come into threads like this often, just...

Anybody. Everyone. Keep your blood pony cultism in your own section of the forum or I start breaking out the demonologies

It is entirely possible people might keep the same world, I only ever updated my Minecraft worlds whenever they added new ores or other generation features. It is entirely possible people are just willing to build on top of an existing patch, and just travel out to a newly generated region
you sir are a saint.

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostLost-Ninja, on 13 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Must admit I was wondering if you talk like that normally... Posted Image but each to their own I say, break out those demons... Posted Image

As for World Gen... whole issue I cannot get into as I seldom keep a world for more than a few weeks (SSP always). Much easier to start over when a new idea crops up - especially as generally new ideas require radical rebuilds - than to break down and rebuild. Just got rid of IC2 and generated a new world using TE for all my processing needs, still stuck with BC until something awesome happens ofc. Only thing I'm having an issue is no recipe for crafting TE tin & copper into Bronze... Posted Image

Not sure whose issue that is. But getting rid of the IC2 + Advanced Machines + Awesome Solars (or whatever) bloat has done wonders for my ingenuity... Posted Image

edit: Now to find a mod that implements just the Crops from IC2, farming once again sucks... :/
I don't talk like that normally simly because English is not my native language Posted Image'

Well, some people make their worlds and keep them like... forever. That's OK, but I just often see comments about "starting a new 1.4.2 world" and so on, so I thought that people usually just abandon the old worlds and start new.

Senioo
    Senioo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Minecraft: Warplord

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostPonyKuu, on 13 November 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

Funny thing: Elo added all the ores for we'll be able to mine them and use them later, when they have a use.
But does anypony keep their old world since... like 1.2.5, for example? I think, everypony will start a new 1.4 world, so all the tungsten accumulated in previous worlds is... useless.

Do you actually think someone may still be playing 1.2.5 because fo redpower ? O.o
It's definitely not that grat of a mod, to deserve sticking to 1.2.5 for it.

Sage Harpuia

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

View Posttubera, on 13 November 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Simple, it'll balance out. RP fluid pipes work with a pressure system. (much like TC2 vis conduits)
I think they meant when lava and water flow into the same pipe.

Posted Image

Nisheeth
    Nisheeth

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1145 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostSenioo, on 13 November 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Do you actually think someone may still be playing 1.2.5 because fo redpower ? O.o
It's definitely not that grat of a mod, to deserve sticking to 1.2.5 for it.
To be honest, I still have that instance, and play it from time to time. The only thing that made me start 1.3.2 was Railcraft.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

honestly, i'd think the people who go to the trouble to keep a world even from the last version of minecraft are most likely the vast minority, but i'm positive some do at any rate.

also the cupcaking and/or brony thing, it's a bit much but none of the regulars here are too severe with it and at any rate:
intarwebs, not like this is stuff to be taken seriously in the first place.

natchu96
    natchu96

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostPonyKuu, on 13 November 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

Naah, who cares, we can play other mods, or even other games (TF2, Yay!)

I was just doing that O_0
"Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
Posted Image

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'll stop saying those words, I just didn't like the way he asked me... I think there are nothing to argue about.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

do whatever, all in all, the Posted Image always has the final word. :)

PonyKuu
    PonyKuu

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

I just don't like when people hate me...