• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Eloraam's Mods (RedPower 2 Prerelease 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45502 replies to this topic

Sage Harpuia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postkylania, on 04 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

That would probably kill a server! Posted Image  More likely she'd add a ChunkLoader block since keeping a chunk area loaded is a big strain on the server so you could select certain key areas to keep loaded.  Like my door to a remote building might use redstone circuits but there's no reason to keep that whole area loaded just for the door mechanism.
Yeah make more sense code-speaking, but hod do you "theme" in the mod?
Some sort of magnet-stuff-thing...? A "pressurizer" for the tubes? (it could use Bluetricity, BTW)

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

kylania
    kylania

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Ahh, good idea!  Something like that or a "Redpower Network Monitor" or something more "in character" than ChunkLoader. :)

malfunctionMC
  • Minecraft: malfunctionMC

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostSage Harpuia, on 04 April 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Yeah make more sense code-speaking, but hod do you "theme" in the mod?
Some sort of magnet-stuff-thing...? A "pressurizer" for the tubes? (it could use Bluetricity, BTW)

chunk loaders would class as more of a utility block, so an addon to the mod rather than an actual part of the mod.

and using bluetricity.... think about that a second... the block that keeps the machines working, is powered by the machines it's keeping working... bit of a paradox.

Redpower - Making control of your Minecraft world a whole lot easier... or as complex as you want to!
Posted Image

Eloraam
    Eloraam

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2773 posts
  • Minecraft: Eloraam

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostSage Harpuia, on 04 April 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Neat. So Elo just need to make that all the blocks that contain a redstone circuit/machine remains loaded using this mechanism?

Sortof, although I think there's still a little call for finer grained control.  I haven't really looked at these new hooks, as I've been away.  I've been planning something quite similar, but I'm not sure to what degree this works the same way yet.
Posted Image

Azon_PL
    Azon_PL

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

I think there should be a possibility to "cook" items in alloy furance using blaze rod, like in vanilla furance.
Posted Image

dante9898

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Im wondering, will elo make a Magtub+Bluewire hybrid so we would only need to power one accelerator? Could make me a happy person when building tubing in small places that i usually cover when im done with the design.

This would also power nearby machines since they can be connected directly to accelerators too.

tubera
    tubera

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

New Elo spoilers! liquid pipes and pumps for generation of steam for the BT heat exchanger (big brother of Thermopile)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

edit: Hmmm, the two volcano signature is no longer available. *sigh* goes back to "old" signature
Posted Image

dante9898

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

View Posttubera, on 04 April 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

New Elo spoilers! liquid pipes and pumps for generation of steam for the BT heat exchanger (big brother of Thermopile)
-snip-

Mmmm Just in case someone start with the "Durr hurr you are copying on buildcraft" again.

Stratagerm
  • Minecraft: Stratagerm

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostEloraam, on 04 April 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

By the way, I've fixed damage sensitivity for Filters etc in the current development version.  Now it can correctly identify full vs empty batteries vs charging batteries.
Cool, I'm sure this will come in handy.

View PostEloraam, on 04 April 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

A bit of both.  I'll try to jump in on one of the FTB games in the future, though.  I had fun playing 1v1 with DW, although we didn't broadcast that game (it was my first time playing Forestry, for one thing).
Nice, glad to hear you had fun, and looking forward to watching you play FTB. I'm still very interested to see your flax machine design.

View PostStormphraxl, Newly Spawned with 1 post, on 04 April 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Hey Elo, are you updating to 1.2.5? Not nagging but you didn't to 1.2.4 so i was just wondering?
Hi, welcome to the Minecraft Forums! Take a look around, say at the Section specific rules and information! You'll notice that one of the rules reads:

-NO asking for mods to update.

I know you're just bursting with curiosity about the update prognosis, and thus asking your question seems all-important, but if you'd relax a bit and look around, you'd find that information answering your question has already been posted recently, within the last few pages of this topic.

A good way to present yourself on the Minecraft Forums is to use them to research your question before asking it, both by reading the last few pages of relevant topics and by using the Search function.

tubera
    tubera

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

View Postdante9898, on 04 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

Yea, lol. LIke someone said in IRC:

You're completely right!  Nobody has ever thought of transporting fluids through connected cylinders before!

And the system is different, the pump is in the middle of the pipe, not at the end. It used liquid pressure to pump the liquid around.
Posted Image

malfunctionMC
  • Minecraft: malfunctionMC

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

View Postdante9898, on 04 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

people who cant understand why these would be needed... have never tried to run a steam train with a bucket line :)

Redpower - Making control of your Minecraft world a whole lot easier... or as complex as you want to!
Posted Image

jreames
    jreames

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostmalfunctionMC, on 04 April 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

people who cant understand why these would be needed... have never tried to run a steam train with a bucket line :)
Speaking of which, any chances of seeing a bucket brigade delay ? ;)

Riose
    Riose

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

edit: Hmmm, the two volcano signature is no longer available. *sigh* goes back to "old" signature

That looks awesome and promising.
Posted Image

Kraulenth

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Help please, and respecfully,

I'm running a server that just myself and a friend play on; the problem I'm having is that on the server we're both unable to interact with the Project Table (crafted it just fine).  But in single player, I can.

I can't seem to find a way to correct/match up the blockID or whatever the problem is, the redpower config file is identical on the server and on the client, but I've got no idea why it's not working.

Background (this was done BEFORE generating the world we're playing in) I set redpower to auto-assign conflicts when I installed buildcraft before we started our current world, no mods have been updated/reloaded since.

Letrange

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostKraulenth, on 05 April 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

Help please, and respecfully,

I'm running a server that just myself and a friend play on; the problem I'm having is that on the server we're both unable to interact with the Project Table (crafted it just fine).  But in single player, I can.

I can't seem to find a way to correct/match up the blockID or whatever the problem is, the redpower config file is identical on the server and on the client, but I've got no idea why it's not working.

Background (this was done BEFORE generating the world we're playing in) I set redpower to auto-assign conflicts when I installed buildcraft before we started our current world, no mods have been updated/reloaded since.
did you check to see that both server and client use the same config files? (and that you've passed those config files to your friend as well)?

Kraulenth

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostLetrange, on 05 April 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

did you check to see that both server and client use the same config files? (and that you've passed those config files to your friend as well)?

Yep, as stated; using the identical .cfg file in all three places

EDIT: Just toggled creative and checked,

Deployer, Furnaces, Filter...Alloy Furnace, Blutricity Items, etc... Can't right-click ANY of them.

Except timers...those seem to let me interact.   All redpower items are appearing with the right textures, but no interaction is possible.

EDIT #2:  Problem solved, a MOTD mod that allowed the mini-map mod was conflicting somehow, taking it off solved the problem with no world corruption.

jatie1
    jatie1

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Minecraft: jatie1

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

First mod i've ever seen that has no 'update plz' spam! Congratz Eloraam!
Posted Image

Sage Harpuia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Wait! When? Where? It was posted on the IRC?

Also I just got an idea on an awesome signature banner, BTW. I will see if I will be able to do it.

EDIT: Oh, Eloraam, you should stop copying, the steam/liquid pumps to produce power have been already invented by an important and known person.

Really, Mr. Watt will get mad. Like Newcomen got mad at him, that's it.

/sarcasm

Posted Image

Peralsergio

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

This mod is perfect, it adds a lot of cool things without breaking the essence of Minecraft. I mean, Equivalent Exchange or IndustrialCraft2 for example are awesome, but when you get some progress, you have a lot of incredible things, but in some way the game lose his charm.

I really congratule Eloraam for doing Redpower2.

XenoXidal

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Mods loaded: 5
ModLoader 1.2.5
mod_ModLoaderMp 1.2.5v1
mod_MinecraftForge 2.0.0.67
mod_ReiMinimap v3.0_04 [1.2.4]
mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4e

Minecraft has crashed!   
  ----------------------   

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT c807a61d --------
Generated 4/5/12 9:02 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.6.0_31, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: GeForce GT 520/PCIe/SSE2 version 4.2.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mod_RedPowerCore, method: initialize signature: ()V) Incompatible argument to function
    at mod_RedPowerLighting.initialize(mod_RedPowerLighting.java:29)
    at mod_RedPowerLighting.modsLoaded(mod_RedPowerLighting.java:13)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:899)
    at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
    at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:395)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT f6b0b3eb ----------

Hmmm, so 1.2.4 or higher client users got to wait for the update?
OMG YOU bothered to highlight this just to KNOW?