• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[128x,64x,32x][1.7.4] KayneCraft 4.1 (1.7 Compatible!)

cartoon texture pack x64 x128 thadius kayne x32 resource pack

• Please log in to reply
2425 replies to this topic

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

POPULAR

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

If you enjoy the pack PLEASE reply in this thread, and follow me on facebook and twitter to keep up with development of the pack Posted Image There MIGHT be giveaways too, including Steam Keys!

Posted Image

Static Screenshots in Spoiler:-

Spoiler:

Posted Image

How to install:-Windows1.  Download Minecraft HD texture patcher from The Minecraft HD texture patcher thread (Here)2.  Run Minecraft HD texture patcher3.  Download KayneCraft texture pack4.  Press (windows key+ r) to open "run" window5.  Type "%appdata%" without the quotation marks6.  Open the ".minecraft" folder7.  Open "texturepacks" folder8.  Move or copy the .zip texture pack into the "%appdata%/roaming/.minecraft/resourcepacks" folder9.  Run Minecraft10. Select the KayneCraft texture pack in the menu11. EnjoyMacOS1. Buy a PCor if you really must use one of those things:-(Method from Slothy89)1. Download Mac version of MCPatcher, and patch MC2. download the texture pack .zip3. Click Finder and press: Command(AppleKey) + Shift + G4. Type ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/texturepacks/5. Move/Copy the KayneCraft.zip to this folder6. Run MC7. Select the KayneCraft texture pack in the menu8. Done(I do not condone or in any way support the use of apple products, this pack "might" make them explode)Linked Signatures:-Support me by using one of the linked signatures below Posted Image

Posted Image

[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/364070-128x64x32x151-161-kaynecraft-363-horses/"][img]http://www.kaynecraft.co.uk/assets/signature01.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Posted Image

[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/364070-128x64x32x151-161-kaynecraft-363-horses/"][img]http://www.kaynecraft.co.uk/assets/signature02.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Posted Image

[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/364070-128x64x32x151-161-kaynecraft-363-horses/"][img]http://www.kaynecraft.co.uk/assets/signature03.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Posted Image

[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/364070-128x64x32x151-161-kaynecraft-363-horses/"][img]http://www.kaynecraft.co.uk/assets/signature04.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
Changes in KayneCraft 4.1
  • New 1.7 content (sorry it took so long) Posted Image
Posted ImagePrevious patch notes and screenshots in spoiler:-
Spoiler:
Backdated version repository:-Click here to see all versions hosted on my webserverPlease feel free to reply with comments and possible additions and changes... many block designs are to be subject to change in upcoming versions, hope you all enjoy.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

boxmasterj

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

Kinda too contrasting...try to have it set to a certain theme.
Posted Image

strembitsky
  • Minecraft: strembitsky

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

That looks pretty good!
If you're reading this it most likely determines that you're able to read.
Do you want to play my adventure map, Trials and Tribulations?

Smiggyballs
  • Minecraft: smiggyballs

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

Wow, I really like it.
Posted Image [SSSS]

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

View Postboxmasterj, on 06 June 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

Kinda too contrasting...try to have it set to a certain theme.

Aiming for a Comic style theme, tried to add the black outline to as much as i could without it seeming out of place :) the terrain.png is still due some pretty heavy editting to optimize tiling and improve the decorative quality of some blocks

cheers for the input

Posted Image

boxmasterj

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

I'll totes get it when it's done.
Posted Image

Resonance

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

I like it, although I really don;t like the counting percentages. Thats the only thing keeping me from using it.

Posted Image

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

View PostResonance, on 06 June 2011 - 01:00 AM, said:

I like it, although I really don;t like the counting percentages. Thats the only thing keeping me from using it.

i will be adding the breaking blocks to the terrain.png in an upcoming version :) i'll have my first update of tweaks and the first part of UI by the end of tomorrow hopefully

Posted Image

Wooraah
    Wooraah

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:58 AM

I like the general feel of it, but I'd recommend you give the ores a little more lighting effect to make them seem a little more 3d, and to be honest i hate the wood textures. They might look ok on a texture pack test track, but try building a 2 storey wooden house, don't think they'd look great tbh, can you tone down the black in them a little?

Brick and Sandstone look great, some elements are pretty reminiscent of Bordercraft (doors, dirt, grass etc).

Kussie
    Kussie

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 22 posts
  • Minecraft: kussie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:59 AM

I'm liking it overall, but the one thing I kind of dislike at the moment that is stopping me from using it is the redstone.  I'm not really liking the look of the redstone to be honest, the rest of it looks pretty damn good though.  The minecart could use a little improvement as well imo.

I have to agree with the poster above as well in terms of the wood.

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

View PostWooraah, on 06 June 2011 - 01:58 AM, said:

I like the general feel of it, but I'd recommend you give the ores a little more lighting effect to make them seem a little more 3d, and to be honest i hate the wood textures. They might look ok on a texture pack test track, but try building a 2 storey wooden house, don't think they'd look great tbh, can you tone down the black in them a little?

Brick and Sandstone look great, some elements are pretty reminiscent of Bordercraft (doors, dirt, grass etc).

the wood is one of the textures i was planning on tweaking a little as the tiling doesn't work very well, i can see what you mean about the black of the grain, it will be fixed :)

to be honest Bordercraft was my inspiration for this pack, i wanted to make my own pack from scratch in the same rough style but without the "computer gui" and with identifiable flowers

Thank you for your input :)

Posted Image

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

View PostKussie, on 06 June 2011 - 01:59 AM, said:

I'm liking it overall, but the one thing I kind of dislike at the moment that is stopping me from using it is the redstone.  I'm not really liking the look of the redstone to be honest, the rest of it looks pretty damn good though.  The minecart could use a little improvement as well imo.

I have to agree with the poster above as well in terms of the wood.

What is it that you do not like about the redstone and minecarts, i'll see if a little tweaking is possible... to be honest the minecart it the toughest texture in the game to get to look right as it pulls pieces of it skin from all over its .png file, making it very difficult to make all the sides fit together correctly.

all comments are appreciated :)

Posted Image

Gizmoooo
    Gizmoooo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Minecraft: Gizmoooo

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

Hello Thadius,

That's a great texture pack u have done :D Really like the cartoon style :P but i have noticed a little "bug".  I have taken some screens to show you because i can't explain really good in english :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

imnumberfour

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

From afar that dirt looks like bordercraft.

Posted Image

Mikejones
    Mikejones

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1101 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

View Postimnumberfour, on 06 June 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

From afar that dirt looks like bordercraft.
I just wanted to say that
a lot of stuff looks like bordercraft.

good work

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

View PostMikejones, on 06 June 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

a lot of stuff looks like bordercraft.

There's a reason for that :) Bordercraft was my inspiration for this pack... i loved the cartoony style of the Bordercraft pack but couldn't stand the computer style UI or the unrecognisable flowers... so i decided to build my own texture pack in the same style from scratch :)

currently working on the contrast and tiling issues on planks, changing the redstone wires and adding block breaking textures instead of the percentages currently in the pack :)

Posted Image

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

View PostGizmoooo, on 06 June 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

Hello Thadius,

That's a great texture pack u have done :D Really like the cartoon style :P but i have noticed a little "bug".  I have taken some screens to show you because i can't explain really good in english :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

i am not getting either of these tears in my tests of the texture... could you possibly try reinstalling minecraft and checking the other textures you have added into my pack to make sure it isn't an incompatibility somewhere.

anyone else getting these errors?

Posted Image

Arshavic
    Arshavic

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

WOW! This is amazing! One of the best I've seen yet. But only one problem though. Is there any alternate breaking animations? Not that I hate the current one but I'm more fond of those cracking style animations. 10/5

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

View PostArshavic, on 06 June 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

WOW! This is amazing! One of the best I've seen yet. But only one problem though. Is there any alternate breaking animations? Not that I hate the current one but I'm more fond of those cracking style animations. 10/5

currently working on cracking animations for the breaking blocks, along with some other tweaks to wood, redstone wiring and hopefully a little bit of the UI :) might have an update up tonight, if not tonight, tomorrow definitely :)

Posted Image

ThadiusKayne

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

View PostArshavic, on 06 June 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

Is there any alternate breaking animations?

There are now :-) Changes made in v1.1 can be seen at the bottom of the screenshots section in the OP

Posted Image
New plank texture
New redstone texture
New block breaking texture

Enjoy :)

edit:- gonna take a break from editting for a day or 2 and actually play some minecraft with my new texture pack :) it will help me work out my next steps

Posted Image