• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Quandary Texture Pack (v5.0 for 1.2.5!)

16x quandary subtle

• Please log in to reply
753 replies to this topic

ExtraNoise

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

Alright, Quandary 5.0 is out! Huzzah!.

http://www.retributi...s.com/quandary/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

PicSoul
    PicSoul

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Minecraft: PicSoul

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

Looks really nice!

two10eleven
    two10eleven

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • 140 posts
  • Location: Climbing in Yo' windows and snatchin' Yo' people up...

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

Well done!  I'm liking the subtle changes in the tones...  It's got a nice feel...
I Can Haz Cheezburger? - [SSSS]

ExtraNoise

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

Some updates and new screens in the OP. Thanks for all the positive feedback, PicSoul and two10eleven!

FoxChicken
  • Minecraft: FoxChicken

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

Altho this is not my taste, its a fairly good edit. I love the long grass.

ExtraNoise

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

Update! v2.3

The new update includes a version of the textures that are smaller (the "Smaller Pack"), allowing for animated water, lava and fire. All the stuff that's missing from the original pack. In this way it functions more like Kas' Painterly pack in that all the textures have an overhaul but water and lava appear as default. Here's a screenshot of the Smaller pack:

Posted Image

In addition, the main pack now has new textures for lava and a texture for fire, though both are non-animated.

ExtraNoise

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

Update! Version 2.4

A lot of small minor edits into one larger edit:
v2.4 Terrain.png updates and changes: Doors, Bookshelf, Silver, Gold, Obsidian, Bedrock. Items.png updates and changes: Doors, Sign, Egg, Book, Redstone, Brick, Silver Bar, Gold Bar, Diamond, Armor and Weapons. Overhaul of Flint.

In addition, inspired by Kas' amazing Painterly update today (!!!), I created an autumn version of Quandary. I haven't released it, but if anyone is interested, I might be able to throw together a pack.

Posted Image

Oddix
    Oddix

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:21 AM

These are !@#$ing beautiful.  Your art is both subtle and effective.  Make that autumn pack.
I minecraft with my eyes closed.

Hiiiiii74
  • Minecraft: Hiiiiii74

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:58 AM

Oh...my...gawd. AWESUME i give you..... my chest of gold.  :tnt: -> :GoldBar:  :GoldBar:  :GoldBar:  :GoldBar: and, :o
"If you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it is the train." -Hiiiiii74
Posted Image

craggsy
    craggsy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

Really really like this, make that autumn pack !

Solidfire

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

8D wow! I love the autumn pack, and I hope it gets published, it'll work perfectly when autumn comes soon!
Proud Minecraft player since Monday, October 04, 2010 12:42 AM

Oddix
    Oddix

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

There's a pixel missing in the tree block of the larger pack :)
I minecraft with my eyes closed.

ExtraNoise

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

Oddix said:

There's a pixel missing in the tree block of the larger pack :o

I noticed this. It will be fixed in 2.5 :)

(2.5 will be an awesome release. Coming soon!)

ExtraNoise

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Quandary Version 2.5!

Posted Image

Looking for some fall fun or trying to catch a little spring fever? Quandary now has seasons! (As this aptly titled GIF animation demonstrates:)

Posted Image

What is Quandary?

The Quandary texture pack for Minecraft is designed to act as a simple replacement to the original Minecraft textures, not a major overhaul like Kas' Painterly Pack or Doku's RPG texture pack, both beautiful texture packs you may wish to consider. Quandary, instead, uses the original textures Notch created as a base and adds slightly more fidelity to the terrain, improving the visibility of world blocks. In other words, two players playing on the same server will be able to experience the same "feel" even when one is using the Quandary texture pack and the other is using the default textures.

There are a few key differences in Quandary 2.5:

Posted Image

Additionally, the 32p version of the texture pack has been discontinued. It was obvious as soon as the 16p was introduced that it was the version with more interest. The 32p version may be brought back again in the future if Notch makes some changes to 32p texture support. With the 16p version, you don't have weird bugs like no animations for water and lava or fire appearing in brick and gold.

You can pick up the new pack at http://www.retributi...s.com/quandary/

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to everyone who sent me a message and/or posted asking to see the fall set get made. It was the fire I needed to complete all the others and make this huge update.

MaliciousMike

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

Wow, i am simply stunned....

I have wanted to change my texture pack to something other than the stock texture pack (sorry notch!)
but I have not liked the way that Dokus RPG pack have completely changed the look and feel of my buildings and my world...

But as I am typing this I am putting on Quandary June. It is what I have been looking for in a map pack.

I thank you for making not just 1 texture pack, but 12 !!!!!

Congrats and I hope notch makes this the default texture pack(s) if he decides to do a version with seasons in it.

craggsy
    craggsy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

I loved this already, but this is awesome! Now I have to decide which one to go for  :(

dorino1
    dorino1

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

This is an amazingly wellmade pack; This is very vanilla-esque, but still so pretty! Props

Nethellus

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

This has always been my favorite texture pack.  :Zombie:

A winner is you.

craggsy
    craggsy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Since you went back to low res the water is that vanilla style dark blue. Is there anyway to get the lighter water with the new seasonal textures ? I love the October texture pack but the low res means the water is the dark blue! Do you have any plans to go back to higher res or are you going to stick to the low res ?

Fase
    Fase

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

I don't believe you can change water and lava graphics if you use x16 texture packs
Playing since before we even had fences.
FASEworld | Capitalism, Hoooo! | Allods Yasker's Tower