• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bronzen
    bronzen

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

I have started a server and when my mate tries to join i get disconnected with the message "you have been logged in from a different location" so only 1 of us can be online... please help, i also get the "WARNING" not enough ram, but i have 4gb.

thanks

Register or log in to remove.

SmugFrog
    SmugFrog

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

As for the "logged in from another location" problem:

viewtopic.php?f=1013&t=27894

EDIT: Hopefully this gets fixed soon.  It is annoying to use the memory editor everytime to play on a LAN.  A simple option in the EXE that allows you to change your name would do.

chorey
    chorey

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

That topic hasen't fixed the issue for me, I get 5 lines that say: Player |   so which one are you supposed to change???

Also there is no Player | listed at the last line.

This is very very vaguely described and doesen't work.

I changed them all with the memory editor surgested and still had the same issue, my friend gets kicked off when I connect to the minecraft server on the LAN with my friend still on it.

Can someone give more clear instructions please instead of just pointing at something that doesen't work.

bistoboy

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

Are you both using the same minecraft account ? from the message that is what it sounds like, if that is the case he needs to buy his own copy, as for RAM usage, you can assign it more memory at startup within java, but the server software isn't the most effecient, I'd recommend using one of the server admin programs and setup an automatic restart of the minecraft server if you run it 24/7

I use McMyAdmin for that and find it very useful and easy in Windows