• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[WIP] Doctor Who mod: Tardis and More

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1939 replies to this topic

Poll: [WIP] Doctor Who mod: Tardis and More (1080 member(s) have cast votes)

AFTER WE FINISH the basics, i.e. what is on the thread now, what should we do above all else? (YOU CAN PICK MORE THAN ONE)

1. Make it possible to have enhanced adventure maps, i.e. sorta like adventurecraft (250 votes [8.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.88%

2. Make companions i.e. like the friends mod (417 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

3. Don't make it better for adventure maps, make it so there are randomly generated quests and adventures using 1.8 npcs and such (277 votes [9.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

4. add smp (we plan to do) but first, before any of this other stuff (323 votes [11.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.47%

5. above all else make it compatible with other mods (we will try, but it isn't our first priority, select this if you deem it more important) (384 votes [13.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

6. Voted We trust you, do what you think is fun! (431 votes [15.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.31%

7. Voted ALERT YOGSCAST! (733 votes [26.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.04%

Would you rather have multiple planets for different mobs or have them appear in regular minecraft world somehow

1. We want planets! (841 votes [78.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.01%

2. Voted Just keep the normal minecraft world and do something clever. (237 votes [21.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.99%

Do you want multiple screwdrivers, multiple dalek types, etc. or leave that stuff to texture packs? (CHOOSE TWO)

1. Voted Multiple sonics at once! (697 votes [34.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.99%

2. Leave different sonics to texture packs (320 votes [16.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.06%

3. Multiple looks for the same mob! (772 votes [38.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.76%

4. Leave different mob looks to texture packs. (203 votes [10.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.19%

Vote

sageofshadow
  • Minecraft: sageofshadow

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

POPULAR

New thread- http://www.minecraft...ing-ikingssgcâ„¢/

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

jfreak1127
  • Minecraft: jfreak1127

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

I am not a modder, but am an avid Doctor Who fan, so I hope to see more on this topic.

Loki0790
    Loki0790

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

I love Doctor Who, I even had a 11th Doctor skin. You could have Daleks. They could be flying around (but very rare to be seen). They would only be killed if you trap and smother them. They could drop Dalekanium. Which is the ultimate fuel source. And the TARDIS should just teleport you to random locations on your map. You could make a Sonic Screwdriver like this:
                                   Diamond
                                   stick
                                   torch

sageofshadow

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:41 AM

View PostLoki0790, on 01 June 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

I love Doctor Who, I even had a 11th Doctor skin. You could have Daleks. They could be flying around (but very rare to be seen). They would only be killed if you trap and smother them. They could drop Dalekanium. Which is the ultimate fuel source. And the TARDIS should just teleport you to random locations on your map. You could make a Sonic Screwdriver like this:
                                   Diamond
                                   stick
                                   torch

Yeah I thought of Daleks too, and their AI would be simple lol, but  I figured just start with this, but if somehow this was made, i could see an entire Dr. Who mod adding items and enemies.
Posted Image

grn_dog_72
  • Minecraft: grn_dog_72

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

View Postkarlstar, on 01 June 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

dr. who is gay

I would just like to let you know I've reported your post as offensive to both the topic owner and several posters.

grn_dog_72
  • Minecraft: grn_dog_72

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

View PostLoki0790, on 01 June 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

Diamond
                                   stick
                                   torch
How's this:
:Glass: :Diamond: :Glass:  
:Iron: :Red: :Iron:  
:Iron: :--+: :Iron:  

:--+: = redstone torch
:Red: = redstone dust

And it could power things like redstone does to make it more like the actual sonic screwdriver.

The TARDIS however is almost impossible... sorry man...

LcLc19
    LcLc19

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1198 posts
  • Minecraft: LeoClar

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:32 AM

Well the idea is good in theory but actually making the tardis like that would be hard to do but not imnpossible just take a very good modder but i would have it when u enter the door u get teleported to a room somewhere in the world u made hte tardis or found it cause if u understand wat i mean it would be possible.

also the regeneration thing is possible as well cause there is a mod i have that lets u change ur ingame skin and u would just have to connect it the the health bar and make it automatic whish wouldnt be easy.

also like said earlier it would be a good idea having dalek and all those things and i suggest for flying ones just have them different from normal ones like their just rare and the screwdriver actually does damage to it

sageofshadow

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

View PostLcLc19, on 01 June 2011 - 04:32 AM, said:

Well the idea is good in theory but actually making the tardis like that would be hard to do but not imnpossible just take a very good modder but i would have it when u enter the door u get teleported to a room somewhere in the world u made hte tardis or found it cause if u understand wat i mean it would be possible.

also the regeneration thing is possible as well cause there is a mod i have that lets u change ur ingame skin and u would just have to connect it the the health bar and make it automatic whish wouldnt be easy.

also like said earlier it would be a good idea having dalek and all those things and i suggest for flying ones just have them different from normal ones like their just rare and the screwdriver actually does damage to it

This is what I saw a good theory, but in actual coding, it might be Impossible. I know it is possible, although the minecraft engine might not be up to it , but in portal 2 they created these 'world portals' to allow them to connect to different levels so thy didn't have to worry about one hallway running into another hallway etc. Here is a video of a mapper messing around with world portals.

Which of course in a game about portals so the coding was already baked in, but even though this is named the tardis mod idea, it would be cool to make a doctor who themed mod with the things that are possible to create.

View Postgrn_dog_72, on 01 June 2011 - 02:53 AM, said:

How's this:
:Glass: :Diamond: :Glass:  
:Iron: :Red: :Iron:  
:Iron: :--+: :Iron:  

:--+: = redstone torch
:Red: = redstone dust

And it could power things like redstone does to make it more like the actual sonic screwdriver.

If you closely read the first post I already mentioned that it should do that lol. Unless you did read it and are agreeing, but it seems you are just stating it as an idea.

QUESTION: Do you guys think if a sonic screwdriver should be made of current ores and items, or should it add its own ores required to build it?

Edited by sageofshadow, 01 June 2011 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image

larryman8731

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

I think the sonic screwdriver is a good idea but I think it should be able to open metal doors as if they were wooden ones
Posted Image

sageofshadow

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

View Postlarryman8731, on 01 June 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

I think the sonic screwdriver is a good idea but I think it should be able to open metal doors as if they were wooden ones

Very good idea! I hadn't thought specificity about that but it could go under what I wrote about it being able to activate any redstone powered device without redstone.
Posted Image

XeoNz
    XeoNz

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

it would be a good idea maybe you could set the were the tardis take's you

sageofshadow

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostXeoNz, on 01 June 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

it would be a good idea maybe you could set the were the tardis take's you

If somehow we could figure out how to make a tardis, one feature would be that it would take you to the x,y,z coords of your choice. Which of course since its the tardis it can't ALWAYS take you to exactly where you want it  ;)
Posted Image

sageofshadow

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

Sorry for the dp, but I updated the thread. I am now looking if we have support to make this a WIP. I am going to see if someone can make the sonic screwdriver item, but for the actual coding and he creation of mobs, etc I will need help.
Posted Image

sageofshadow

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

Okay changed it again, I like it this way the best. Tommorow I will add more ideas and some recipes. Maybe a poll too.
Posted Image

kolipoki
    kolipoki

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

Well something you could do but it would be rather annoying to come in and out of the tardis is that you could make the inside of the tardis another world?  I know that in the jurassicraft mod there is another world where the Dinosaurs actually are.  Like i said it would be really annoying comming in and out though.

There could be some really unique things you could do with the sonic screwdriver.  It's pretty useful in the show (unhooks fences, checks for brain tumors, locks doors).  

I would love to help you out, I'm in the computer science field and have studied java for almost a whole year now.  I'm currently working on another mod i've promised to do, but when I'm done (it shouldn't be too long) I would love to offer my support.

outcastjack
  • Minecraft: outcastjack

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

Here is another similar ideas thread i made that simply focuses on the TARDIS Door
and the creation of rooms bigger on the inside however it is mostly aimed at the practical usage such as adventure maps

I do very much like the ideas here and thing it would be cool to have dalekanium as a nether oreor something like that

Jesus_xxx

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

Rather than having the added difficulty of making new ores the screwdriver should just be made as suggested in ops post and above. The T.A.R.D.I.S. could be like the CCTV and portal Gun mod which transports you to tardis A which would be at your spawn point and massive, once inside you could use user commands to to run a script which changes the portal guns coordinates and time of day/weather and once you step out its somewhere else.
Original Pokemon made in MINECRAFT!
Posted Image

sageofshadow

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

View Postkolipoki, on 02 June 2011 - 04:22 AM, said:

Well something you could do but it would be rather annoying to come in and out of the tardis is that you could make the inside of the tardis another world?  I know that in the jurassicraft mod there is another world where the Dinosaurs actually are.  Like i said it would be really annoying comming in and out though.

There could be some really unique things you could do with the sonic screwdriver.  It's pretty useful in the show (unhooks fences, checks for brain tumors, locks doors).  

I would love to help you out, I'm in the computer science field and have studied java for almost a whole year now.  I'm currently working on another mod i've promised to do, but when I'm done (it shouldn't be too long) I would love to offer my support.

Great! What I plan to be made first is the sonic screwdriver as its the easiest of the lot so when you are ready to help, that probably will be the one to work on. Yeah The screwdriver could do a lot of great things. And about the Tardis, yeah I thought of that, but I rather not have the load screen.

View Postoutcastjack, on 02 June 2011 - 08:18 AM, said:

Here is another similar ideas thread i made that simply focuses on the TARDIS Door
and the creation of rooms bigger on the inside however it is mostly aimed at the practical usage such as adventure maps

I do very much like the ideas here and thing it would be cool to have dalekanium as a nether oreor something like that
or maybe another dimension totally, such as Skaro (home world of Daleks)? Now that would be cool, and thanks for the thread link i'll look at what you got.

View PostJesus_xxx, on 02 June 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

Rather than having the added difficulty of making new ores the screwdriver should just be made as suggested in ops post and above. The T.A.R.D.I.S. could be like the CCTV and portal Gun mod which transports you to tardis A which would be at your spawn point and massive, once inside you could use user commands to to run a script which changes the portal guns coordinates and time of day/weather and once you step out its somewhere else.

Yeah thats what I thought, use premade ores. And thats more or les how I planned to use the CCTV and portal  gun mod except I would like if we could figure out how to put the tardis interior out of reach from finding without the tardis exterior, n=but that poses some problems...
Posted Image

Jesus_xxx

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

You could bury it under bedrock, the tardis door is a good idea too.
Original Pokemon made in MINECRAFT!
Posted Image

kolipoki
    kolipoki

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

View PostJesus_xxx, on 02 June 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

You could bury it under bedrock, the tardis door is a good idea too.

I was also just wondering that, if it was possible to put something underneath bedrock.  The problem is how would we actually create it?  Having people downloading a custom map just seems a little lame.