Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't log off Minecraft

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SpyLevels
  • Minecraft: SpyLevels

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

This is very stange, I wanted to log off. But I get back to home page. And logged in...
"Every puffin we see tonight is a miracle" - Stephen Kress

Register or log in to remove.

evilgrim
    evilgrim

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1003 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

Could your browser be doing the "Save password" thing..
I think that logs me in automatically.
Maybe...

I have Chrome.
:D
Koala!
Posted Image

SpyLevels

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

hmm I don't know.. I got Internet Explorer.. I think I should get Fire fox :D

Edit: I have never had this problem. Madey restarting the computer would help

Zuriki
    Zuriki

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • 5317 posts
  • Minecraft: gdscei

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

Logging off from minecraft.net will redirect you to www.minecraft.net it will appear although you haven't logged out at all.

In fact, you'll just be logged into www.minecraft.net, logging out again will solve this.

citricsquid
  • Minecraft: citricsquid
  • Xbox:citricsquid

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

viewtopic.php?pid=33934#p33934

I've had that problem too, I press and press the log out button but it only refreshes the page with me still logged in. I dont know what I did to log out, I think I just didnt care and played another game.
This is a problem with how minecraft.net works. The domain "www.minecraft.net" is where you are logged in normally, however quite a few people like to "minecraft.net" without the "www.", this means your browser treats it as a different website. So if you go to "www.minecraft.net" and login, then go to "minecraft.net" you'll be shown as not logged in, this is because you're not logged in there.

When you go to logout and you're logged in on "minecraft.net" you're logged out, but redirected to "www.minecraft.net" assuming you've logged into "www.minecraft.net" before your login will still exist for "www.minecraft.net" but not "minecraft.net".

http://minecraft.net go there and login
http://www.minecraft.net go there and login

Now return to http://www.minecraft.net where you haven't logged out from, if you click "logout" again you'll be fully logged out from both "minecraft.net" and "www.minecraft.net".

TL:DR; minecraft.net and www.minecraft.net are treated as different logins.

SpyLevels

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

Yay thank you very much. I'm logged out now C:

mochi
    mochi

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:46 AM

http://www.minecraft...id=33934#p33934

I've had that problem too, I press and press the log out button but it only refreshes the page with me still logged in. I dont know what I did to log out, I think I just didnt care and played another game.
This is a problem with how minecraft.net works. The domain "www.minecraft.net" is where you are logged in normally, however quite a few people like to "minecraft.net" without the "www.", this means your browser treats it as a different website. So if you go to "www.minecraft.net" and login, then go to "minecraft.net" you'll be shown as not logged in, this is because you're not logged in there.

When you go to logout and you're logged in on "minecraft.net" you're logged out, but redirected to "www.minecraft.net" assuming you've logged into "www.minecraft.net" before your login will still exist for "www.minecraft.net" but not "minecraft.net".

http://minecraft.net go there and login
http://www.minecraft.net go there and login

Now return to http://www.minecraft.net where you haven't logged out from, if you click "logout" again you'll be fully logged out from both "minecraft.net" and "www.minecraft.net".

TL:DR; minecraft.net and www.minecraft.net are treated as different logins.
That's very confusing, can't you just redirect www.minecraft.net to minecraft.net?
Sign the petition! Keep the minecraft player model! http://j.mp/mcftmodel
It doesn't fit with the blocky/pixel theme This is really going to turn off many fans and start bringing in those annoying anime obsessed teenagers who turn minecraft into a meme infested shithole. -pubby8
I did not pay for AnimeCraft. I paid for minecraft. - mochi

NeatNit
    NeatNit

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

The weird thing is, a few days ago I REPEATEDLY tried to log out without luck. I did eventually do it, but I don't remember at all how. In case it matters, I tried logging out from the Xmas page (with www) and it redirected me to the front page (with www), where I was logged out. I then went back to the xmas page (again, with www) and I was logged in again!
Posted Image

iArthur
    iArthur

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

you know the Address bar ? ok you need to delete all links to minecraft up there thin loggout
Merry Christmas to all :]

Zuriki
    Zuriki

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • 5317 posts
  • Minecraft: gdscei

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

you know the Address bar ? ok you need to delete all links to minecraft up there thin loggout
Translation: I have no idea what I'm talking about. Please ignore me and listen to the other who gave the correct answer.

Iguana
    Iguana

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

Ummm. You know, I'm probably reading something wrong, because I've been staring at your avatar, and my head feels wierd now.

matthew102000

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:40 AM

i have the same problem. i right click the logout link --> copy shortcut, and paste it intom my adress bar.
Give me an internet, or Chuck Norris will kill you!!!
Posted Image

Toxide
    Toxide

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

Translation: I have no idea what I'm talking about. Please ignore me and listen to the other who gave the correct answer.
80% of his posts so far are double posts...
Please don't double post.
Please use the English language here.

Dysgalt
    Dysgalt

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 1125 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:58 AM

80% of his posts so far are useless/annoying/double posts...
Please don't double post.
Please use the English language here.
There, fixed it for you :P

MelancholyFae

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

I have, it seems, a rather complex additional problem or three added to this.

I am currently at school. (yeah I know, bad student..) Point being, I'm sure some things are blocked.  I know the game itself is, but I was trying ot change my skin.

(I don't remembr if I had logged in today or if I was logged in from before, but I was logged in via minecraft.net, not www).  Goto prefs, and it shows me as not logged in, but home page shows me as logged in still.  Encoutered this before, pain in the butt.  Delete cookies, and history, from both IE and Firefox.  Closed both, re-opened, still showing as logged in.  Can now not log OUT - Firefox pops up saying 'trying to redirect', but hitting 'allow' just keeps me at the loggedin page.  IE just refreshes page and won't redirect at all.

So, OK.  I go to a BRAND NEW computer I never logged in before.  Goto minecraft.net - and it shows me as LOGGED IN.  ????  I assume a display error, but have no clue how it would have my name as the one showing in login when the current computer I am at I never used before.  Again, tried both IE, and Firefox. No luck.

I'm bad at search-fu, and couldn't find anything helpful on the internet, though it seems to be a recent issue with both browsers.  At school there are some things blocked, so I am just guessing that perhaps there's an admin setting on these computers.. but that doesn't seem to explain.

Found this post, tried it out.  Sure enough, www.minecraft.net showed me as not logged in.  minecraft.net I was.  So, I login at www.minecraft.net and try to log out.  Now I cannot log out of either name; but I also still cannot get to the rest of the website because it says I am *not* logged in.

I SOO have no clue now. Any other ideas anyone might have?  Especially to explain the 'login' on a brand new system?

(Will explore more of this at home - but I never had an issue at home with this.. perhaps because I am still logged in at home, it's messing up with the staying logged in here.. but since my computer is currently off at home.. how would it be interefering actively?)

(HolyCRAP guys, I'm SOO sorry for reviving this - Search gave me this post and it was so relevant... and I saw december.. but not the year..  *asks for forgiveness and hopes someone can still answer*

me - "I feel like being evil today."
friend - "Don't do it! Crime doesn't pay!"
me - "So? I'm not doing it for the money."

bloodyblack

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

when i click log out it loads then just come to http://www.minecraft.net/logout.jsp and is blank, please help!

KaiserTom

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:43 AM

Same here
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

azanic
    azanic

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Minecraft: azanic

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

SpyLevels said:

Yay thank you very much. I'm logged out now C:
yoou are puffin man/woman
Support Dead Frontier An MMO Zombie Game
If it aint worth fixing dont fix it.

shamo4
    shamo4

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:16 AM

I am unable to log off as well. I have tried going to minecraft.net and www.minecraft.net and copying the log out url into the adress bar, but it hasn't worked. Anything else? I'm only logged in to one computer, so that shouldn't be a problem. This is really annoying.

monsterhighfreak15

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostZuriki, on 11 December 2009 - 08:35 PM, said:

Logging off from minecraft.net will redirect you to www.minecraft.net it will appear although you haven't logged out at all.

In fact, you'll just be logged into www.minecraft.net, logging out again will solve this.

how do i log out of minecraft fourm?
Posted Image