• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Eldpack v3.8b (may 22 ) ----- ( v1.2.5 compatible )

• Please log in to reply
2441 replies to this topic

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Minecraft: Jman37X

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Sorry to be such a pain, but when I went to update the files, I got this error: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' publicUser = 1, publicAdmin = 1, enableComments = 1 WHERE pId = 420' at line 2"

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Cierinal_
  • Minecraft: Cierinal_

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostJman37X, on 16 November 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

Oh my goodness, sir, you must be some sort of texture making wizard or something, your work is just amazing...I mean, surely you must be Eld himself, as the quality of these very nearly match his, in my opinion.

On a somewhat related note, I've got the next download ready for you guise c:

http://www.mediafire...2urben07dkzd12c

The changes include, but not limited to: anvil/beacon GUIs, completing a few loose end terrain blocks (we now have at least SOMETHING for all of them, even if they're just recolors), and a few items. I can't think right now exactly all the stuff that was changed, but honestly, most of it was done by our new MVT (Most Valued Texturer) Nybb1es :3
Please ask Eld if you can be the official texture pack updater! You do so well it's so close to his art!
Posted Image

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostCierinal_, on 18 November 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Please ask Eld if you can be the official texture pack updater! You do so well it's so close to his art!

Oh please, only a few of the textures I've done are actually in there, it's Nybb1es who's done most of the really good work. Thank you, though! :3

Posted Image

Eld
    Eld

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Everyone is allowed to do their updates to eldpack, It's a bit hard appointing anyone as being the official one as I might one day update it and suddenly make official ones unofficial, but I encourage people to release updates to it here :P

My position at mojang doesn't in any way hinder this texturepack, if anything doing creative stuff outside of work is encouraged, I'm just busy with life-stuff as I was before, so it's still on a long break.

I can't say that I won't update it in the future though, it's still something I want to do!  In the meantime I fully support people posting links to their personal updates here for people to enjoy.

dux0r
    dux0r

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Minecraft: dux0r

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostJman37X, on 17 November 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

Sorry to be such a pain, but when I went to update the files, I got this error: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' publicUser = 1, publicAdmin = 1, enableComments = 1 WHERE pId = 420' at line 2"

My apologies, I've been working on the site quite hard over the past couple days, a couple error reports still popup every day or so just now, I'm working through them as I see them. You should be absolutely fine to update now though, cheers!
TexturePacker.net - Customize from multiple texture packs in seconds
I also host the websites for, and play on AerialHeights.com & MinecraftMiddleEarth.com.

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostEld, on 21 November 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

Everyone is allowed to do their updates to eldpack, It's a bit hard appointing anyone as being the official one as I might one day update it and suddenly make official ones unofficial, but I encourage people to release updates to it here Posted Image

My position at mojang doesn't in any way hinder this texturepack, if anything doing creative stuff outside of work is encouraged, I'm just busy with life-stuff as I was before, so it's still on a long break.

I can't say that I won't update it in the future though, it's still something I want to do!  In the meantime I fully support people posting links to their personal updates here for people to enjoy.

Nice to hear from you again, Eld. No need to rush, as long as you have a fanbase, there will always be people around to help keep the pack updated in your absence Posted Image

As of right now, in terms of this thread, I'm basically the moderator of the Unofficial Eldpack updates, but most of the texture work is done by other members. As far as I'm concerned, our version has pretty much always been Unofficial. Hell, it's even in the title of the zip file x3

View Postdux0r, on 21 November 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

My apologies, I've been working on the site quite hard over the past couple days, a couple error reports still popup every day or so just now, I'm working through them as I see them. You should be absolutely fine to update now though, cheers!

Alrighty then, I'll try and have all the files up to date sometime later today Posted Image

Posted Image

Zorg
    Zorg

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostJman37X, on 16 November 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

Oh my goodness, sir, you must be some sort of texture making wizard or something, your work is just amazing...I mean, surely you must be Eld himself, as the quality of these very nearly match his, in my opinion.

On a somewhat related note, I've got the next download ready for you guise c:

http://www.mediafire...2urben07dkzd12c

The changes include, but not limited to: anvil/beacon GUIs, completing a few loose end terrain blocks (we now have at least SOMETHING for all of them, even if they're just recolors), and a few items. I can't think right now exactly all the stuff that was changed, but honestly, most of it was done by our new MVT (Most Valued Texturer) Nybb1es :3

Thank you my friend!!! Love this texturepack

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Postdux0r, on 21 November 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Now, whenever I try to update the pack, it uploads stuff from Painterly... '3'

EDIT: This time, however, it replaced the files with Sphax's pack instead of Painterly. It seems to randomly replace the files I'm trying to upload with another packs files on the site

EDITEDIT: Okay, forget everything I just said. It finally worked, so I think everything should be fine now :3

Posted Image

Cierinal_
  • Minecraft: Cierinal_

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Everyone is allowed to do their updates to eldpack, It's a bit hard appointing anyone as being the official one as I might one day update it and suddenly make official ones unofficial, but I encourage people to release updates to it here Posted Image

What is your job at mojang?
Posted Image

Dueler
    Dueler

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostCierinal_, on 26 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

What is your job at mojang?

I wanted to know too, so i googled it found out a whole bunch including your answer which is located right on the 0x10c website.
On a side note i did a little more investigating and boy was i surprised that Eld has been involved with some other games ive played like
terminator salvation, bionic commando & an obscure game i bought for no reason called Lead & Gold. To find out all this and that he's working for Mojang is just astonishing.

Obviously you can tell by my above post i appreciate your work and would love to see the update whenever you get back to it, your style is one i always seem to fall back on whenever i jump back into Minecraft.

Also that demand's a shout out to the updaters because theyve saved me from using other packs in times when there was no official update. :)
Posted Image

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostDueler, on 26 November 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

I wanted to know too, so i googled it found out a whole bunch including your answer which is located right on the 0x10c website.
On a side note i did a little more investigating and boy was i surprised that Eld has been involved with some other games ive played like
terminator salvation, bionic commando & an obscure game i bought for no reason called Lead & Gold. To find out all this and that he's working for Mojang is just astonishing.

Obviously you can tell by my above post i appreciate your work and would love to see the update whenever you get back to it, your style is one i always seem to fall back on whenever i jump back into Minecraft.

Also that demand's a shout out to the updaters because theyve saved me from using other packs in times when there was no official update. Posted Image

Nice to finally see where all his hard work is currently going into, I can definitely see his distinctive style shine in the screenshots, and it looks really amazing so far. I'm also very interested in the fact that he was involved in many other games and projects too, I had no idea that he had done all that. Thank you for sharing this knowledge with us! :3

Also, you're very welcome for the fan update, I just do what I can to help keep this amazing pack alive Posted Image

To be honest, I've pretty much just been doing the easy work, just patching things together and making small adjustments, the real work is done by all the people who do the real texturing, of which I have done very little. Thank you regardless, though!

Posted Image

jatteys
    jatteys

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

this is my all time favorite texture pack, i love it more than the hd ones, but i have one complaint, you haven't updated it since 1.2.5.  are you planning on updated it? or is the best 16x16 / all time best texture pack going to be abandoned?

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

View Postjatteys, on 26 November 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

this is my all time favorite texture pack, i love it more than the hd ones, but i have one complaint, you haven't updated it since 1.2.5.  are you planning on updated it? or is the best 16x16 / all time best texture pack going to be abandoned?

Check up at the top of this page for an updated download link! :)

Posted Image

maudima
    maudima

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Wow Eld, your attitude is great and I hope you'll start updating yourself one day.

Now guys, don't listen to what I wrote for Eld, you are doing a great job at maintaining this pack! I love it and I love the community updates. Let's keep this pack alive!

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Thanks, and don't worry, we ALL want Eld to come back to this someday, as our contributions will never be quite as good as his. I do wish there were more people to help regularly update the textures, as there are still many that we are missing, pretty much all of them are mobs, and we just don't have a lot of people on here able to help, as my texturing skills aren't very good as of yet. If anyone wants to help update the mobs, or has anything they want to post, either for the alternate textures, or anything else, please post it! Any and all contributions are appreciated :D

Posted Image

cocowittmann

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Update it to 1.4.5 Besides that i love this texture pack

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

View Postcocowittmann, on 11 December 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Update it to 1.4.5 Besides that i love this texture pack

Look on the last page, there is an updated link there to a download! :)

This also brings up another point...I wish Eld would mention in the OP to look in the most recent posts for the updated download link, so as to avoid all the people who don't bother looking from commenting to update it. No offence to them, of course, not everyone thinks to check, but I do wish that they would... ._.

Posted Image

Deepblue686
  • Minecraft: Deepblue686

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

He shouldn't have to, pretty sure it's against the rules to keep asking for updates.
Posted Image

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostDeepblue686, on 12 December 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

He shouldn't have to, pretty sure it's against the rules to keep asking for updates.

While true, people still do it all the time, it's just the nature of how a lot of people on this site are, it seems. I mean, it's not like the same person asking over and over, they really just seem to say it once and completely forget. But still, it would be nice to just completely bypass the problem altogether by him having it in the OP.

Posted Image

pigpig278

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

It's great that there's a fanbase maintaining Elds infamous textures, but, just a suggest, shouldn't we be starting an Unofficial Eldpack Updates thread or something? It seem's kind of weird to be using Elds thread to post a continuation..

Posted Image