• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Eldpack v3.8b (may 22 ) ----- ( v1.2.5 compatible )

• Please log in to reply
2441 replies to this topic

dunnra
    dunnra

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 473 posts
  • Minecraft: dunnra

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'd like to make an attempt at the blaze. It's one of those mobs you rarely see work being done on.

I'm in no way an artist, but I just thought i'd chip in since you guys are making such good progress.

edit: scratch that ^ I was a heck of alot worse than I thought.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

krisCrash
  • Minecraft: kcb3ars

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Go for it!

View PostAlp, on 02 April 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

I personally don't like pigmen in anything but zombie form.
Someone already did a set of villagers with them, could be in as an alt. I'll just try to find them to download them for myself ;D

Edit: ah the texture looks like it needs more work, and I kind of miss their long testificate noses D:

Posted Image
32X Aedena Pack - Twilight Forest - Aether II - and other misc mod support
I'm a computer graphics artist student! Visit my art blog here!

skulldaisygimp
  • Minecraft: skulldaisygimp
  • Xbox:SkullDaisy Gimp

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostkrisCrash, on 02 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Edit: ah the texture looks like it needs more work, and I kind of miss their long testificate noses D:

Posted Image

I agree, I've become quite accustomed to the noses, myself. Incidentally, do the villager textures use the same dimensions as the char.png player skin texture file? I might mess around with something if I get an opportunity.

krisCrash

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

No, they have armour layers for aprons and stuff like that, they are quite different.
But they each use unique textures, so it is possible to give them different faces for character variation.

Kiajinn
    Kiajinn

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • Minecraft: Kiajinn

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

View Postskulldaisygimp, on 02 April 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Incidentally, do the villager textures use the same dimensions as the char.png player skin texture file?

Nope.avi

Posted Image
♦  Piyo! ♦

joerajaja
  • Minecraft: joerajaja

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

I have been using this texture pack for a while and it is awesome! Please continue updating it!
They told me that I could not simply walk into Mordor. So what did I do? I simply ran.

wurfle
    wurfle

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostkrisCrash, on 02 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

Nice shades.

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Minecraft: Jman37X

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostKiajinn, on 02 April 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Nope.avi

Why hello there Kaijinn, fancy meeting you here :3

Posted Image

BJStone11

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

I don't know if anyone has done the rain and rain particles yet... I decided to have a go at it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

krisCrash

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Sorry for not responding earlier, I tried the rain out right away and then I just got caught up in building again, and then life and stuff. Anyway, it looks nice and bright actually. It was a bit strange before!

Now that you've posted planks, they've got me thinking it might be nice to rotate some of them on the side because you can actually make different patterns that way. Right now they all look a bit like crates. Like, remove the edge of one, and make another one be longer or wider planks. I'm still running 1.2.3 so it hasn't bothered me yet.

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Alright, sorry about not getting it up yesterday, but here's the latest download!

http://www.mediafire...cm1nqvb9pyb1tub

Posted Image

BJStone11

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostJman37X, on 03 April 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Alright, sorry about not getting it up yesterday, but here's the latest download!

Awesome, thanks! I really like the new wood planks. I also like the changes you made to the wool colours. :)

Jman37X
    Jman37X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostBJStone11, on 03 April 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Awesome, thanks! I really like the new wood planks. I also like the changes you made to the wool colours. Posted Image

Thanks, and yeah, I really liked those planks, so thank you whoever made them! (So sorry I can't remember your names, I really should make a text file included in the download, giving credit to all the new textures and who made them.)

Oh, and what are you guys' thoughts on my new choice for the sandstone blocks? I took them from the more building block support, and thought that it would be worth seeing what the reaction towards them was

Posted Image

BJStone11

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

@Jman37X I do like the different sandstone blocks, but I don't know that I'd ever actually use them. They'd make great sandstone dungeons/ruins etc but I just don't build those sort of things, usually. But on the other hand, I have looked at all the different designs people have come up with, and I honestly can't decide which I think should be used. Posted Image

@krisCrash I think you did a great job on the cats. :D

skulldaisygimp
  • Minecraft: skulldaisygimp
  • Xbox:SkullDaisy Gimp

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostJman37X, on 04 April 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Oh, and what are you guys' thoughts on my new choice for the sandstone blocks? I took them from the more building block support, and thought that it would be worth seeing what the reaction towards them was

I like the mossy sandstone, and the cracked one is a nice touch (as it thusly syncs up with the stone brick alternates), but I'm still leaning toward having at least one hieroglyphic sandstone. I'd probably keep the mossy one, given the choice. Good to have 'em as alternates, though, in any case, or the "more building blocks" mod, were I to install it. :P

Have a nice day!

krisCrash

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

You should totally get More Building Blocks now that I've eldpack'ed it :P
It offers a lot of different sandstone as well, including pillars and creeperface block.

What I like about having a mod like that is I can keep my texture pack fairly vanilla in design, and use the mod to add any custom blocks I want. Like right now I think I want a block that looks like a pathway grown over with grass, but I don't have to sacrifice gravel or moss stone for it and leave my world looking a bit weird when I explore, I just grab one of those blocks to make it.

By the way i came across this timelapse video of a texture pack being worked on, and I learned a bit from watching it. Enjoy

jalr2d2
    jalr2d2

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

For my villagers and iron golems I've been using this:
http://www.minecraft...updated-322012/ It works really well with Eldpack for me. The creator also allows it's use in other packs as long as credit is given. Posted Image
EDIT: I've also started working on clay soldiers compatibility. I use the mod a lot so I wanted it to look Eldpackish. I've gotten 3 textures done so far after about 20 minutes. Good bit more to go though. :)
Real men swim UP waterfalls! Posted Image Posted Image

Munchies8_8

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Can someone please give me a link to an unofficial version of eld please i have 1 but it's very old and is missing many of the new blocks.

dunnra
    dunnra

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 473 posts
  • Minecraft: dunnra

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostMunchies8_8, on 07 April 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Can someone please give me a link to an unofficial version of eld please i have 1 but it's very old and is missing many of the new blocks.

from the previous page: ..

View PostJman37X, on 03 April 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Munchies8_8

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

thanks I really like this texture pack.