• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Eldpack v3.8b (may 22 ) ----- ( v1.2.5 compatible )

• Please log in to reply
2441 replies to this topic

Eld
    Eld

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:19 AM

POPULAR

This is a 16x16 pack, and has full compatibility with minecraft, no patching required.
(except for some things like custom water and lava)

V3.8b RELEASED! GET IT FROM THE ELDPACK SITE:
the pack comes in a zip format, which means you just have to put it in the minecraft pack folder and select it
from ingame.

http://www.eldpack.com

Follow me on my twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/eldrone/
Or read my blog at: http://eldrone.tumblr.com/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

v3.8b changelog:
- 1.2.5 support
- terrain and items fully updated

v3.8a changelog:
- 1.0 support
- terrain and items fully updated
x gui and mobs will come later on
- several tweaks to the old art here and there

v3.7 changelog:
- Full 1.8x support

v3.6 changelog:
- Full 1.7x support
- biome colour fixes

v3.5 changelog:
- Full 1.6x support

v3.42 changelog:
- Full 1.5x support

v3.4 changelog:

- Full 1.3x support
- custom moon and sun
- custom water and lava
- minecarts and boat
- bunch of overall updates

v3.3 changelog:

- Full 1.2 support with all the new tiles, objects and lone squid.

- bit of ore polish
- bit of furnace poking
- Included high resolution ghast to see how it floats for people

v3.2 changelog:

- New monster and animal textures.

- bit tweaked dirt
- mossy cobble fix
- new wool-block
- new cracking-animation
- support for wild grass mod
- contrasted and tweaked furnace
- slightly tweaked flowers
- desaturated obsidian
- tweaked grass and leaves

Register or log in to remove.

Seiseki
    Seiseki

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1028 posts
  • Minecraft: Seiseki

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:22 AM

Wow, that looks really, really great!
The only thing I can say that I dislike is the gunpowder and red dust, it has too much of checkered pattern.
Posted Image

HiBudda
    HiBudda

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Minecraft: HiBudda

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:26 AM

I can smell the epic win in the texture pack already.
I've been inactive on the forums for atleast a year, I'll try being more active.
Any of my previous threads are not going to be used by me anymore.

peterjanb
  • Minecraft: peterjanb

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:30 AM

O.O
O MY GOD,
you my friend, are a MASTER.
i looks so epic.

tombones
    tombones

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:49 AM

Looks enormously promising. In fact, I'm going to downscale the preview image 33% and start using some of them right now!! you can't stop me!!!

Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image

SuperNintendo

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

peterjanb said:

O.O
O MY GOD,
you my friend, are a MASTER.
i looks so epic.

^ THIS.

nobodybutme

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

Yeah i really like it when people don't actually make NEW looking items ( unless it's a staff >.>) but rather follow the lines of the original art. Its great.

SuperNintendo

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

Also: will the text.pack will be 16x16 or 32x32? I hope 16x16.

tombones
    tombones

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

At a glance, it's definitely 16x16.

Eld
    Eld

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

Thanks all!, yeah it's 16x16, and while I was interested in doing a higher resolution one, it felt like most people would want the old school one.

I'm going to recreate all the items first, since this seems to be where most artpacks don't go into, this way you can mix and match all you want.

But if you didn't notice already, I'm very much going for the style of old games like lands of lore, eye of the beholder games, any bitmap brothers game etc.

vamediah

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

It looks like plastic with all the round corners and highlights. Also looks like it should follow a more cartoony colorsceme rather than a realistic one. right now it falls uncomfortably in-between cartoony and realistic.

I think you should let things have corners, that's all.

HiBudda
    HiBudda

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Minecraft: HiBudda

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

vamediah said:

It looks like plastic with all the round corners and highlights. Also looks like it should follow a more cartoony colorsceme rather than a realistic one. right now it falls uncomfortably in-between cartoony and realistic.

I sense someone bragging because they have one of the most used textures in Minecraft. (the items are in Doku's RPG aswell)
I've been inactive on the forums for atleast a year, I'll try being more active.
Any of my previous threads are not going to be used by me anymore.

r4c7
    r4c7

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts
  • Minecraft: r4c7

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

HiBudda said:

vamediah said:

I sense someone bragging because they have one of the most used textures in Minecraft. (the items are in Doku's RPG aswell)
I agree with him. I looks fantastic' but the buckets and minecarts are way too shiny, and I couldn't even tell what the minecarts were at my first glance. I would focus on form more than detail.

SuperNintendo

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

And i disagree. I think everything is just perfect! While all the packs should have corners and not shiny spires? The dude (or babe :P) have it's own vision of the game, and i think he winds.I also think this will be better then all the packs combined and in square. Go Go Eld!

peterjanb
  • Minecraft: peterjanb

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

hell yea

Tenchi
    Tenchi

Carpenter

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

It looks amazing !
It actually looks very much like ye old popular JRPGs of the SNES era, I like it :D Also people complaining have no sense. I immediately recognized the carts, and I think it looks much more like an RPG than vamediah's.

Keep up the good work !

Waste
    Waste

Full Stack

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

I like them really much.
Great work
but Notch Original, still got the charm.
Make noise, not music

tombones
    tombones

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:23 PM

The criticism about some items looking like plastic is legitimate.. the stuff looks alright on here, but having tried them ingame a few are just way too shiny.

The meat in particular looks very unappetizing, and leather really shouldn't shine that way (at least not the kind you just pulled off a cow). Not wild about the dithering on the redstone/gunpowder either. I want to like the buckets, but they somehow look too flat (I know, i know, they ARE).. maybe a little more contrast on the inside rim would help.

I LOVE the minecarts, though, and the brick and stone stuff is all quite nice. You obviously have some experience doing this kind of thing, so I'm really keen to see what you do with the rest of the items.. even if some of them look like they got dipped in vaseline  :)

MrDerogative

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

oh my fuck

you

you have an aptitude for AWESOME

Eld
    Eld

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

tombones said:

The criticism about some items looking like plastic is legitimate.. the stuff looks alright on here, but having tried them ingame a few are just way too shiny.

The meat in particular looks very unappetizing, and leather really shouldn't shine that way (at least not the kind you just pulled off a cow). Not wild about the dithering on the redstone/gunpowder either. I want to like the buckets, but they somehow look too flat (I know, i know, they ARE).. maybe a little more contrast on the inside rim would help.

I LOVE the minecarts, though, and the brick and stone stuff is all quite nice. You obviously have some experience doing this kind of thing, so I'm really keen to see what you do with the rest of the items.. even if some of them look like they got dipped in vaseline  :)

Now this is some good feedback I can work with, nice and explanatory. I can adjust the glossiness of the things quite easily, but I'm worried since minecraft in general is quite non-specular at all, it wouldn't end up right in combination until I remove it all (which I wont), but I'll be tuning it a bit though to make sure atleast the matte objects can stay a bit less specular, while metal most likely will stay vaseline smeared.

I only so far spent a few hours toying around with this seeing where I could take it, so there's quite some room left for improvements (and the rest of the items).

fixing up the buckets too.