This aims to make doors as useful and versatile as possible without adding any new blocks or items. That way your world should be usable without item loss when used without this mod. (Just be careful about where you place the windows. Default Minecraft will delete the block directly underneath when one gets disturbed.)
Note to TooManyItems users: This mod does work with it installed! You just won't see the new doors in the TooManyItems inventory because the creator excluded door blocks, so craft the items in your inventory. Ask about making an exception for door blocks on that thread if you aren't happy with creative mode, since the simple solution is on that end.
1.7.2v1.1 - Works for 1.7.3 too!
1.6.5 and 1.6.6 v2 (Non-Modloader)
Kind Craft Texture Pack by Drascoll
Gerudoku textures by zedas
Note: When using any mod, or even unmodded Minecraft, it is wise to back up any worlds you don't want to risk. Using window variations may cause block deletion if you change nearby blocks without this mod installed.
- Download and install Modloader from this thread.
- Open .minecraft/mods or create the folder mods if it doesn't yet exist. An easy way to go there is to click "Open texture pack folder" under "Mods and Texture Packs"
- Place the .zip file for the modloader version of this mod in the mods folder.
- Optional: Customize your graphics. More information is in the doors file.
- Start or restart Minecraft
- Video by Drascoll (textures are from the KindCraft texture pack)
Simple double doors
Fence gates and windows
Shutters and openable windows
More placement options
Many of these will be Modloader-only, due to compatibility issues
- Rendering single-wide shutters as two smaller doors
- Make shutters placeable on glass block sides
- Make trapdoor textures turn to match the hinge location
- Create a version for servers. Unfortunately, it looks like everyone using the server would need to have this mod installed.
Please give any specific feedback you have.
For instance, does a feature feel odd or wrong? Have you always wanted doors to do something not mentioned here? Is something confusing? Have you found a bug?
Edited by Evandela, 23 September 2012 - 11:22 PM.