• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Sounds and What the mean.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PyroKetchup

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:02 AM

I've noticed several different sounds/ music in Minecraft and I know they all mean something but sometimes I just cant figure out what. Can someone please help me and everyone else that have no clue what sounds in Minecraft mean :Iron: Thank you :Red: :)  :Iron:  :SSSS:
"Right now, there are two groups of gamers in the world: Those who haven't yet heard of Minecraft, and those who are hopelessly, helplessly addicted to it."

Register or log in to remove.

Lord_Honk

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

"Baah" means there's a sheep somewhere. :(

"Moo" means there's a cow that you have to kill because it's gonna be a pain in the ass to listen to over and over and over and over.

"Tsssssss" means you're gonna die soon.

Moaning is Zombies. High-pitched skreeking noise is spiders. Clattering of bones is a skeleton.

If you hear ominous cave sounds like *whoosh neeooww* than there's a cave nearby.

That's about all you need to know :D
An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of code.
Posted Image

rawrimmaduck

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

what about pleasant music while you're underground?

BluShine
  • Minecraft: BluShine

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:54 AM

rawrimmaduck said:

what about pleasant music while you're underground?
That means you should stop and think for a moment.  Stop relentlessly searching the earth for precious minerals, and just listen.  Do not mind the four-legged man in green, he only wants to say hi.
Working on a Sphax BDcraft patch for the mod Ars Magica here.

Seamus Donohue
    Seamus Donohue

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: Seamus_Donohue

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:13 AM

Pleasant music is just randomly played by your client.

The ominous sound means that there's a 3x3x3 block of air entirely at light level zero somewhere within 20 blocks of you.  This is usually caused by a natural cave, but you can induce it artificially by having sealed, torchless rooms 3x3x3 in various places in your shelter.  Do note that you'll occassionally also have monster spawns in these spaces, so you'll also have monster skittering sounds; if you want the ominous sounds without the monsters, then make it a 3x3x4 space, then layer stone slab or glass on the bottom of the inside.

The ominous sound will also occur in the Nether because the only natural light sources there are lava, glowstone, and fires.  There is no sun or moon, and the top and bottom of the Nether are both bedrock, so any space more than 15 blocks (not counting diagonals) from lava, glowstone, or fires will be at light level zero.