• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.6] Caspur's Creative Mods (Block Mods) - AutoID 1.2 in the works!

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: What "Galore" Mod Should I Release Next (90 member(s) have cast votes)

What "Galore" Mod Should I Release Next

1. Sculptures Galore (21 votes [23.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

2. Windows Galore (30 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Grave Stones Galore (19 votes [21.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.11%

4. Stone Floors Galore (3 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

5. Wallpapers Galore (9 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

6. Wall Panels Galore (8 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Gmer_freak

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

Alright, I was doing that with no luck.  I guess now that I know it's the correct thing to do that I might get some better results.

Thanks for the help.
Bellow statement is true.
Above statement is false.

Register or log in to remove.

Atrus's Homeboy

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

Bump in anticipation of AutoID 1.2 :Notch:

edgar999
    edgar999

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:26 AM

Could someone tell me how to use AutoID. Also could someone tell if I should install AutoID after or before installing a mod that add block IDs to the game.

nivangerow

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

Amazing mods! The auto ID mod sure helps mod devs, because then we don't have to make .properties files!

caspur
    caspur

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

View Postedgar999, on 05 June 2011 - 02:26 AM, said:

Could someone tell me how to use AutoID. Also could someone tell if I should install AutoID after or before installing a mod that add block IDs to the game.

You can install AutoID before OR after your mods. It will automatically sort the block IDS to make sure there are no conflicting IDS in use at each START of minecraft.

Also, as of now there's a properties file called "BlockIDs.txt" in the minecraft folder. This is where you'll see all of the mods installed and what Auto ID has done with the IDS.
Caspur's Creative Mods
AutoID , PlanksGalore, and Mods to enhance the BUILDING aspect of Minecraft.

edgar999
    edgar999

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

View Postcaspur, on 05 June 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

You can install AutoID before OR after your mods. It will automatically sort the block IDS to make sure there are no conflicting IDS in use at each START of minecraft.

Also, as of now there's a properties file called "BlockIDs.txt" in the minecraft folder. This is where you'll see all of the mods installed and what Auto ID has done with the IDS.

Thank you.

irishladdie727

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:43 AM

Suggestion Perhaps you could combine AutoID with Extendcraft, which increases the number of ids to way more than anyone would ever need.  I can't remember the exact number, but it's a lot.  Then you can program AutoID to just sort new mods into the next available id slot, because there should always be room.  Naturally I don't know if any of this is possible, because I no Java, but if this isn't something you've already considered then perhaps it might be a possible solution to your problem.

caspur
    caspur

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Auto ID is already programmed with certain functions that blends well with Minecraft Extended ( it's not called ExtendCraft). The theoretical limit of Minecraft Extended is 1024 for block Ids. The Item Ids are simply stretched out farther to make room for the new block ids. Auto Id comes along with a file that generates when you first run minecraft(w/ AutoID installed). The file is located in your "minecraft" folder at this location. "minecraft/mods/AutoID_Alloc/config.txt". Open this file and you'll find two variables: minID and maxID.

Set them to the following:

For Minecraft Extended: minID= 96 | maxID= 1024 (if that dosen't work use 1023)

For Vanilla: (KEEP THE SAME)

Hope that helped. I'm adding a lot more functionality / compatibility with Smith61's current version of MinecraftExtended. However, I haven't gotten in contact with him yet, and am hoping that he'll release a 1.6.6 / 1.7 update of MCE soon to speed up the AutoID 1.2 release.
Caspur's Creative Mods

Zekrom9
    Zekrom9

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • Minecraft: Zekrom9

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

AutoID fails to change any id at all

caspur
    caspur

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

View PostZekrom9, on 06 June 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

AutoID fails to change any id at all

hmm, I haven't heard any complaints yet on the 1.6.6 update... could you try and be more specific as to what the problem is? Does your minecraft crash? Is Auto ID actually installed(check by looking in the "mods" folder and see if a folder called AutoID_Alloc" is installed. Make sure you didn't install ANY mods that use the "un.class" as Auto ID is based around this class.

I hope others haven't been experiencing these issues.. and please let me know if you are.
Caspur's Creative Mods

Zekrom9
    Zekrom9

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • Minecraft: Zekrom9

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

View Postcaspur, on 07 June 2011 - 01:53 AM, said:

hmm, I haven't heard any complaints yet on the 1.6.6 update... could you try and be more specific as to what the problem is? Does your minecraft crash? Is Auto ID actually installed(check by looking in the "mods" folder and see if a folder called AutoID_Alloc" is installed. Make sure you didn't install ANY mods that use the "un.class" as Auto ID is based around this class.

I hope others haven't been experiencing these issues.. and please let me know if you are.

Yes, it is installed, and minecraft keeps crashing. Then I look into the BlockIDs.txt its empty. And when I check my modloader.txt it says the problem was caused by conflicting blockids.
However I don't know if any of my mods uses the un.class, but I really don't hope so since I only use mods I really, really want to use.
The problem started when I installed the Flax mod, but it only uses the ki.class?
It just fails to change ids..

EDIT: I think I found the problem, I got 2 conflicting ItemIDs... Can you make AutoID work with item ids as well? Pleeeeeeeaaaaaasaseee??

caspur
    caspur

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

The 1.2 update i've been working on will fix Item IDS as well(Even though it's VERY rare to have an item ID conflict).. Until then, you'll have to fix the Item IDs manually.. either by editing the code of the mods you want(and recompiling them), or the easy way: editing the mod's properties file(if it has one).
Caspur's Creative Mods

GrimSovereign
  • Minecraft: GothicSovereign

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hey I just saw someone release a program just like autoud, called id resolver, isn't autoid copyrighted? ID Resolver
My Advanced Reserch Center is in the Hall of Awesome.
Posted Image

caspur
    caspur

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

unless he used the same code (autoid/alloc) functions and classes, he's not doing anything wrong. I mean.. it sucks, but his is a manual auto id changer(eliminates the need for property files) but Auto ID is for automatic, care-free, and compatible ID changing.
Caspur's Creative Mods

GrimSovereign

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:02 AM

View Postcaspur, on 08 June 2011 - 02:54 AM, said:

unless he used the same code (autoid/alloc) functions and classes, he's not doing anything wrong. I mean.. it sucks, but his is a manual auto id changer(eliminates the need for property files) but Auto ID is for automatic, care-free, and compatible ID changing.
ah ok then yah ill wait for yours.
Posted Image

Seanyy
    Seanyy

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Any idea's on when v1.2 of AutoID is going to be released, as i really want to get it working with MCE and my favourite mods before 1.7 comes out

Keyalha
    Keyalha

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Minecraft: Keyalha

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

Im looking forward for the Auto ID 1.2 Update thanks good once the codebase for this is done it only needs to be ported to each new version, im glad you took over on Auto-ID :)
Posted Image

caspur
    caspur

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

Thank you all for your support. You don't know what it means to me. I just recently took a programming position at a small company, developing games and software. I'm still busy, but this gives me the resources to continue developing / learning how to code Java. In fact, one of my co-workers/programmers is a minecraft modder, and has assisted with the code a bit. I promise it'll be worth the wait. I am hesitant to release a public download until all bugs are fixed. When dealing with a mod that changes IDs actively/dynamically a lot of things can go wrong(corrupt saves etc). I just wanna make sure I release a solid / functional update for all of you nice Minecrafties.
Caspur's Creative Mods

GrimSovereign

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

View Postcaspur, on 08 June 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

Thank you all for your support. You don't know what it means to me. I just recently took a programming position at a small company, developing games and software. I'm still busy, but this gives me the resources to continue developing / learning how to code Java. In fact, one of my co-workers/programmers is a minecraft modder, and has assisted with the code a bit. I promise it'll be worth the wait. I am hesitant to release a public download until all bugs are fixed. When dealing with a mod that changes IDs actively/dynamically a lot of things can go wrong(corrupt saves etc). I just wanna make sure I release a solid / functional update for all of you nice Minecrafties.
No rush man, take as long as u need.
Posted Image

Keyalha
    Keyalha

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Minecraft: Keyalha

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

kudos for keeping us up to date caspur! +1  :Diamond: for you
Posted Image