• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * - - 1 votes

Minedraft.net - Visualize Your Creations!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

WedTM
    WedTM

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 274 posts
  • Minecraft: WedTM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

Have you ever needed to quickly sketch out a concept for Minecraft? We may have found the answer to your problem.

Minedraft is a web application created by Alex Cline that allows you to quickly and easily prototype your creations. This allows for much larger and complex creations to be designed without the headache!

There are a plethora of blocks that you can use, as well as mobs and other well-known Minecraft creatures that will complete the look.

When you're ready to show off your creation, Minedraft provides you with a link to share your creations with others. Here's the URL for one that we've made above: http://minedraft.net...7f79220b4000002

Register or log in to remove.

Tit4nNL
    Tit4nNL

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • Minecraft: Tit4nNL

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

[color="#000080"]This is actually very nice.

It allows people to show a concept of there creations or new mod idea's or whatever they find nice.
Also very nice to make pixelart.

Could be very nice if you could somehow combine for example 5 images to create a 3d model, which you could upload to lets say MCedit. Or something.. but its really nice:P [/color]

[color="#006400"]+1[/color]

Posted Image

baggerboot
    baggerboot

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 4872 posts
  • Minecraft: baggerboot

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Looks good!<br /><br />Now it's going to be much easier to explain certain designs, especially when it's about redstone. No more need for roses and mushrooms resembling torches and redstone dust.<br /><br />I'm definitely going to use this, maybe you can also add a link to the website in the comment field? That would make it a bit easier. <br /><br /><br />Hmm why are there these HTML tags in my comment?

Mrmistery101

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

Bookmarked'

CaduceusGUILT

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

For some reason, when ever I place a large amount of blocks, maybe something like 50, it starts to lag a lot for me. For example, I loaded up the one that is above, and it took a good 25 seconds for me to place something. Is anyone else having this problem.

BlueDrache

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

It's impractical, unwieldly, and inelegant.  It's also only a 2d slice of what goes on.  This is akin to a refrigerator drawing on some 2nd grader's mom's icebox.

Davve
    Davve

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1385 posts
  • Minecraft: _Davve_

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

So you feature tools made by us now? Awesome :D<br /><br />As of the application, it's kind of glitchy, the interface is decent but I really can't see the use for it, especially considering it's missing one dimension...

Jpmerida
    Jpmerida

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Minecraft: Jpmerida

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

Wow! Now this is NICE!  :Diamond: for you! and :GoldBar: for me!  :P <br /><br />(Note: My profile picture is...uh.... not from that Web application. Thats all thank you)

sosladms
    sosladms

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Minecraft: CarbonateWater

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

This is very useful program.

Archaeron
  • Minecraft: elf_on_the_moon

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

It's about time something like this was made. :D

nottir
    nottir

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

Useful for showing others how to build a structure. (Mob traps, obsidian farms, etc.) Just do bird's eye view diagrams of each level. 3D modeling would be useful but this is handy until someone comes up with a 3D version.

OLKD
    OLKD

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: OLKD
  • Xbox:OLKD

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoS0N5J78uQ&feature=channel_video_title

Evolution Zero
  • Minecraft: MeowDesu

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

Unfortunately its outdated.

immortalisepic
  • Minecraft: immortalisepic

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

http://bit.ly/irZgen &lt;------- i made a vb.net app to draw this for me.

Gfiti
    Gfiti

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Looks nice, but I wont use it. It's only 2d and paint can do this job as well.

SpixPanda
  • Minecraft: spixpanda

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:36 AM

This will definitely save me some time. I'm not that skilled at visualizing in my head before building, so I usually sketch it out on paper first. This seems much easier and more accurate than trying to sketch a bunch of cubes to scale, or using graphing paper.

I can see how some people wouldn't consider it useful with missing the third dimension, but being able to see if, say, your log cabin base would look better with all wood planks, or be better with all birch wood [i]before[/i] you actually build it seems like a good use to me.

~Puni Puni~

Jpmerida
    Jpmerida

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Minecraft: Jpmerida

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:36 AM

====== http://www.moddb.com/games/microminer ====== Lets describe Jp is a likely a wierdo.

jeffreylec
  • Minecraft: jeffreylec

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:16 AM

What a waste of time. Lmao. This totally sucks. Sorry man.

jeffreym23

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

It was at least worth bookmarking. I don't think I'll be using it, though, as there are<br />better things out there like the structure planner application.

azzanine
    azzanine

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1551 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

Pretty decent for showing ideas over the forums. But it's not very good for elaborate planning. Also Power rails and detector rails seem to have been omitted.<br />