Latest News Article

The spectrobes mod

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

gigamettalix
  • Location: on the archangel, plotting to take over the universe
  • Minecraft: gigamettalix

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

I have come up with a mod idea, but for now I have to learn how to script. Nonetheless I'll need someone to help me with the textures, (I'm not that good an artist) but some of the textures I can make myself. Please leave comments if you can help me! Also there are many vehicles and tools added to the mod, one of them allows you to switch from save file to save file! If there is something that you want in the mod I will consider it if it isn't already planned.

Here's what I've written down so far:

The Spectrobes mod adds a new element to the game: Spectrobes. Anyone who’s played at least one of their games should know what they are. In addition to adding Spectrobes to the game, it also adds the tools to excavate their fossil forms.  Every spectrobe must be excavated from it's fossil form before you can bring it with you on your adventures, then the only thing you have to do is awaken it, you can excavate fossils pretty much everywhere, but it's much easier if you do it in the starship you can build, you first however, must have A child form spectrobe to find the fossil block and it will be much easier.  Awakening however must be done at the starship.  Excavating a fossil is quite simple, just right click while holding it to start excavating it, excavation will be the hardest to program unfortunately. (so it will take a while even after I learn scripting to release it) Every spectrobe has an attribute that will be revealed after awakening the spectrobe, attribute are important to remember in fights with the krawl (see below) and can save your spectrobe's life, and your own. If you want to know the weaknesses and strengths then see the attribute wheel below.

However, in addition to adding these new companions this mod adds new enemies: the Krawl. Nemesises of the Spectrobes, Krawl are foes that are dangerous, but luckily they aren’t too common unless you're specifically looking for them or you put the game on a higher difficulty. Krawl come in many shapes and sizes, some are enormous and have huge strength while some are so small they won't even be a little challenge, like spectrobes, krawl have their own attributes, however, unlike spectrobes, there are krawl that don't have an attribute in some places, the key to beating attribute krawl is using a spectrobes that has an attribute advantage, for short this is the attribute wheel of weaknesses: fire trumps plant, water trumps fire, wind trumps water, earth trumps wind, and plant trumps earth

Every once in a while you will come across a Boss Krawl. These foes are large and have a huge amount of health however each boss has a weak spot, normally this is a large glowing yellow bulge that requires a little skill to reach and then attack it. After beating a boss Krawl, it will drop a the Cosmolink. This is a powerful tool that allows you tame any wild Spectrobes you may come across.

Upon starting a new world the game you get a choice of child form Spectrobe. You can choose from Komainu, Zuwa, or Spiko. Child forms will excavate minerals and fossils, and also build one of the several component machines required to build an engine.

In addition to any Krawl you you encounter, you may also find Dark Spectrobes. These foes look like normal Spectrobes, except they are darker and more powerful. In fact, they have 15% more health than a normal Spectrobe of the same level.

Another mechanic will be the construction of a Space Ship to travel between save file worlds.

After this is finished I will be working on creating creating a clan for users of this mod.

Update: heres the recipe for the starship:

:: :: :Iron:  
:: :Iron: :Iron:  
:Iron: :Iron: :Iron:  

this is the left wing.

:Iron: :: ::  
:Iron: :Iron: ::  

this is the right wing.

:: :Iron: ::  
:Iron: :Furnace: :Iron:  
:: :Iron: ::  

this is a booster.  :Furnace: =engine.

:Iron: :Furnace: :Iron:  

this is the hull/engine.  :Furnace: =engine

:Iron: :Glass: :Iron:  
:Iron: :Glass: :Iron:  

this is the cockpit.

:cobblestone: :cobblestone: :cobblestone:  
:cobblestone: :Diamond: :cobblestone:  
:cobblestone: :cobblestone: :cobblestone:  

this is an engine.  :Diamond: =mineral.

:: :RFlower: ::  
:RedShroom: :YFlower: :Portabella:  
:Furnace: :Furnace: :Furnace:  

this is the finished starship.  :RFlower: =cockpit  :YFlower: =hull  :RedShroom: =left wing  :Portabella: =right wing  :Furnace: =booster.

and there you have it
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

Register or log in to remove.

gigamettalix

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

I've been checking on this thread and no one has replied, comments are greatly appreciated
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

schuon
    schuon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

im the only one who voted

Alcat1
    Alcat1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

i might vote / give help and ideas IF you added description. you have no information on what this mod is ACTUALLY on.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but a diamond sword cuts your head off!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gigamettalix

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

View PostAlcat1, on 19 June 2011 - 03:19 AM, said:

i might vote / give help and ideas IF you added description. you have no information on what this mod is ACTUALLY on.

yeah, I told you what the mod is on.
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

Alcat1
    Alcat1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:44 AM

View Postgigamettalix, on 22 June 2011 - 12:35 AM, said:

yeah, I told you what the mod is on.

no, i mean DETAIL! I can tell its a spectrobes mod, but THATS IT!

You do not DESCRIBE the mod!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gigamettalix

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

okay, I'll go a little more into detail then
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

gigamettalix

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

now, that enough detail on the mod?
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

SideWanderer
  • Minecraft: SideWanderer

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

Looks good, but you should work on making it look less like a wall of text, and more like an official Mod page. For instance, like the Aether Mod's page. Well, once you get an artist, at least.

In memory of The Lost Coast ...

gigamettalix

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

once again, everyone who reads after this post please thank sidewanderer for the edited version
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

Alcat1
    Alcat1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

ah, i like the detail now. MUCH more descriptive!

Maybe work on making the "Harvesting fossils" and "Krawl" parts more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gigamettalix

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

View PostAlcat1, on 27 June 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

ah, i like the detail now. MUCH more descriptive!

Maybe work on making the "Harvesting fossils" and "Krawl" parts more.

like how?
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

Alcat1
    Alcat1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

well, first of all, how DO you harvest spectrobes? Is it a special block? Do you just dig anywhere? And do you need a special tool to do it, or not.

Second, what are the krawl? are there different types of krawl? what do they look like?

description like that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gigamettalix

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

gotcha, getting to it right now...
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

gigamettalix

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

View PostAlcat1, on 27 June 2011 - 10:38 PM, said:

well, first of all, how DO you harvest spectrobes? Is it a special block? Do you just dig anywhere? And do you need a special tool to do it, or not.

Second, what are the krawl? are there different types of krawl? what do they look like?

description like that.

Done
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

BloodMonkey
  • Minecraft: bloodmonkey

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

i just looked up 'spectrodes, the creatures themselves look very complex, and not something which could be properly represented with the minecraft engine. and is it necessary to make it the same as the original game except thrown into the minecraft world? why not take some of the ideas from the game and create your own version for minecraft, except different names and monsters? i like the idea of having tropical pets in minecraft but not something thats basically just copied and pasted from another source.
Posted Image

gigamettalix

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

View PostBloodMonkey, on 28 June 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

i just looked up 'spectrodes, the creatures themselves look very complex, and not something which could be properly represented with the minecraft engine. and is it necessary to make it the same as the original game except thrown into the minecraft world? why not take some of the ideas from the game and create your own version for minecraft, except different names and monsters? i like the idea of having tropical pets in minecraft but not something thats basically just copied and pasted from another source.

actually that partially is what I need to do, only a few dark spectrobes were shown so I have to make up some ideas for new ones and make up their names
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

gigamettalix

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

gigamettalix

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11SHIFTONE
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW

gigamettalix

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

do I have to bump this like a hundred times or what?
Posted Image
spectrobes FTW