• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Good servers to grief

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

brickbuster27

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hey, does anybody know about any good, unprotected servers to level to the ground? I would prefer servers without any sort of grief protection, and also several wooden buildings. Thanks in advance, and may team aVo get ice cream in the end!
I dont cheat; I just modify the rules to my own advantage.

Register or log in to remove.

Groggle
    Groggle

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

Why would you want to grief someone else's creations? Seems a bit harsh to me  :chestfront:
Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.

Farstorm One

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

brickbuster27 said:

Hey, does anybody know about any good, unprotected servers to level to the ground? I would prefer servers without any sort of grief protection, and also several wooden buildings. Thanks in advance, and may team aVo get ice cream in the end!

It's very mature and quite smart to ask this kind of questions, personally i would really like to give you my server so you could have your childish fun and level all of my creations which are huge.

The only thing you have to give me is your real-life home address so i can come to you and blow your whole house up, just to see what it's like to grief someone and destroy his work.

How old are you anyway; 4 - 5 ? :chestfront:
Posted Image

View PostEternalDensity, on 29 May 2011 - 01:55 AM, said:

Also I must admit that I'm really enjoying Farstorm One's rage :P

brickbuster27

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Do I not have the right to play minecraft the way I enjoy playing it? Just because my gameply style is different from your does not give you the right to hate me for it.
I dont cheat; I just modify the rules to my own advantage.

Farstorm One

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Groggle said:

Why would you want to grief someone else's creations? Seems a bit harsh to me  :SSSS:

Because he is a frustrated child without any respect for other people's work. The only way i would understand this kind of question would be if someone grieved his creations and now he wants to exact revenge on that person.

But this post is simpler than that; LULZ LEMME DISTROY SUMWUN'S WURK DUUUDE.
Posted Image

Groggle
    Groggle

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

Your gameplay style is destructive and abusive. If you want to destroy creations, make a new map and make them yourself. I know I do if I get bored.
Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.

Farstorm One

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

brickbuster27 said:

Do I not have the right to play minecraft the way I enjoy playing it? Just because my gameply style is different from your does not give you the right to hate me for it.

Alright, maybe i over-reacted, but is it really necessary to destroy someone's work for your own fun? I won't even go deep into how hard it is to make something in minecraft without cheating.

If you really have an urge to destroy something, then at least find a server where you can do that without any real harm to that world (i.e. it is backed-up or servers that are made for grieving) as that would be mature and i doubt you are an evil person.

And yes, sorry, forgot to answer your question;

DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO PLAY MINECRAFT THE WAY YOU LIKE IT?
Yes, of course you do!

DO OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT OF NOT BEING GRIEVED AND LOOKING AT THEIR WORK DESTROYED?
I think yes.

And i don't hate you.  :iapprove:
Posted Image

Br3aking
  • Minecraft: Br3aking

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Farstorm One said:

brickbuster27 said:

It's very mature and quite smart to ask this kind of questions, personally i would really like to give you my server so you could have your childish fun and level all of my creations which are huge.

The only thing you have to give me is your real-life home address so i can come to you and blow your whole house up, just to see what it's like to grief someone and destroy his work.

How old are you anyway; 4 - 5 ? :)

Obviously your level of maturity is far below his. Mineraft and real life are two very different things, if someone blew up my house, I would be extremely mad in minecraft, but I would eventually rebuild it. I find it sad how you spend hours working on something in Minecraft, when it allows you to gain no benefit in your real life.

Josh Knight

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Go to youtube, and check out TeamAvolition. There pretty much a professional griefing group. It's really funny actually, they seem to have a war with Reddit for some reason. I suppose if you really wanted to you could reuse servers that they have used.

Although they have an insane amount of hacks they made themselves, so I'm not sure how succesful you would be.
[URL=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/561673-100the-twilight-forest-v15]Posted Image[/URL]

daltaxx
    daltaxx

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

Br3aking said:

Farstorm One said:

brickbuster27 said:

How old are you anyway; 4 - 5 ? :Diamond:

Obviously your level of maturity is far below his. Mineraft and real life are two very different things, if someone blew up my house, I would be extremely mad in minecraft, but I would eventually rebuild it. I find it sad how you spend hours working on something in Minecraft, when it allows you to gain no benefit in your real life.
You're right Br3aking minecraft and the real world are different. Dont be mad because someone deleted your virtual house or creation. Just deal with it you pussies.
Posted Image

HonestFlames
  • Minecraft: HonestFlames

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

brickbuster27 said:

I'm going to introduce the idea of "grief Sundays" on my server, where during the entire Sunday everyone can grief the map all they like. The backup taken at midnight on Saturday will then be restored at midnight on Sunday.

I might do this every week, or fortnight or once per month. Might also disable the white-list during that time. Haven't decided on the details yet.

Azathoth_Lives
  • Minecraft: The_Holy_Bison

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Ok, OP find a world file on PlanetMinecraft and use SinglePlayerCommands to get fire and TNT. Grief it on single player, it feels the same, at least to me it does. This way you get the satisfaction of griefing without the possibility of getting banned globally on MCBans.

Space_Butler said:

The next time an authority asks me, "What could possibly have given you such a lack of respect for the value of human life?"  I will respond, "Sir, have you even BEEN to the internet?"
Posted Image

Farstorm One

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

HonestFlames said:

brickbuster27 said:

I'm going to introduce the idea of "grief Sundays" on my server, where during the entire Sunday everyone can grief the map all they like. The backup taken at midnight on Saturday will then be restored at midnight on Sunday.

I might do this every week, or fortnight or once per month. Might also disable the white-list during that time. Haven't decided on the details yet.

That's a great idea. Much better than randomly going around and blasting people's work.
Posted Image

rubbishcan

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

HonestFlames said:

brickbuster27 said:

Personall I'd be wary of opening up your server to this... for the dedicated (dare I say professional?) griefer the likelyhood that they would somehow return in the future and truly grief your server seems like too much of a risk.  The joy of griefing seems to be just that... griefing.  For you to have a dedicated grief day ultimately cirvumvents the joy as it's not true grief.

Dragonfire599

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

While I do not support griefing, and find your arguments for it rather... faulty, I must say that coming out and simply asking for a server to grief is quite bold. But you probably could have worded it a bit more tastefully. But asking nicely does not excuse you from the simple fact that you just want to destroy someone else's hard work for fun. Now, if you had asked someone specifically if you could destroy their work, then it would be quite alright, as long as all involved parties agreed beforehand. Thank you, and have a nice day!
Incessant, ignorant, insignificant, intolerable, erroneous, illogical, and last but not least: Fail. This describes you. Good day.

HonestFlames
  • Minecraft: HonestFlames

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

rubbishcan said:

HonestFlames said:

brickbuster27 said:

Personall I'd be wary of opening up your server to this... for the dedicated (dare I say professional?) griefer the likelyhood that they would somehow return in the future and truly grief your server seems like too much of a risk.  The joy of griefing seems to be just that... griefing.  For you to have a dedicated grief day ultimately cirvumvents the joy as it's not true grief.

I'm not sure that I follow the logic at all, unless you mean that with more publicity I increase the chance of new players being griefers. That's true of any advertising strategy though.

I'm not overly concerned about either griefers or true hackers. I have a comprehensive backup and disaster recovery strategy. All the way from using MCEdit to restore parts of the map to deploying a backup of the server to my laptop and running it through VMWare (until I can replace any failed hardware component).

Piratebay
    Piratebay

Retired Belgian

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3102 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

Good servers to grief
We don't discuss griefing here