Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

No-IP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Semperverus
  • Minecraft: semperverus

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

Yes, I did post this in the Survival Multiplayer section, but I feel it belongs here as well, so here it goes:
For those of you who have never heard of it, No-IP is a service that allows you to resolve your IP address into an easy-to-remember URL. For those running servers, this can be very useful, since you can give your users a link like:
semperverus-minecraft.noip.com
instead of:
which is far easier to remember, and if your external IP is a dynamic one, you don't have to worry about telling everyone what it is every time it changes.
obviously you can put whatever you want in the first bit where I put semperverus-minecraft, and the middle bit is also changeable from a pre-set number of options (my favorite choice is "sytes"). For me, my actual No-IP is .sytes.net since is my official "Group" name. But I digress.

When you go to the No-IP site, at the top, click "Hosts/Redirects" (in the green bar) once you've registered an account.
Then click "manage hosts" in the left panel if it hasn't already taken you there.
Click the orange "add a host" button on the right side, and it'll take you through the setup process.
On the lefthand side, select "download client". There's one for every major OS (Windows, Linux, and *cringe* Mac)
Install it, log into it, and set it up to auto-start on your server's startup. The program is very lightweight, so you don't have to worry about resource hogging. It's basically a slightly more advanced "ping" command that communicates with the no-ip servers.

Oh btw, this is free to use, and you can have up to 5 no-ip addresses!
Also, you can type said no-ip addresses into the minecraft multiplayer server IP section.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Register or log in to remove.

Semperverus
  • Minecraft: semperverus

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

Well, of course you could use a static IP. However, some peoples' ISPs do not offer this, and simply using a static IP isn't an option. Now, the MAIN benefit I'm trying to get at here is the ability to hand out an easy-to-remember link that people can use instead of having to either memorize an IP address or keep one in a txt file and copy-pasting it every time you want to log into the server.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

TheNoobWar
  • Minecraft: TheNoobWar

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

I dont know if I'm allowed to continue on old threads.. but I already started my own topic, nobody did reply for 5 days so here it goes. I tried this No-IP Service before but I forgot how to use it. Im running a Creative server and alpha server at the same time so Idk if it screws up. My creative is on port 25565, alpha is on 25566 but everytime I try to connect to my server's no-ip host I created this message pops up . "Internal exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 101". Please please help :)

EDIT: OMG Im such a noob! I fixed it.. I forgot to put  :25566 =P

I'm a Machinima Sports partner and YouTube partner

Visit my channel by clicking here.

0wnage0tter

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

HELP MEH! I really dont know how to add the no-ip ip to the server! Can you explain that? could you?
Posted Image

king_jon147

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

help me! I tried that, but it says "failed to bind to port...maybe a server is already running on that port...blahblahblah..." i tried setting it to "kingjonmc.no-ip.org" help please

Orcworm
    Orcworm

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2731 posts
  • Minecraft: Orcworm

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

Leave server-ip blank in server.properties.
Posted Image

king_jon147

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

View PostOrcworm, on 23 July 2011 - 02:12 AM, said:

Leave server-ip blank in server.properties.
thanks! now it says connect refused.... kingjonmc.no-ip.org

Paradoxreality
  • Minecraft: paradoxreality

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

For me when I try tp cpnnect, it says Failed to connect to server, connection refused, I've tried with the ip as well as the noip url

Paradoxreality
  • Minecraft: paradoxreality

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

PS How do you set it to auto start?

tomsterbom4
  • Minecraft: iiTommY
  • Xbox:Asda Bags

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

Dude, You need to add more detail , I don't understand at all.

Nick
    Nick

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Minecraft: Nick

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

-snip-

schijtkever

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

offering yourservername.strontkever.com as redirect port 25565 only