Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

Robinson Crusoe

The story

May 14, 1984. William Haynes.

From the journal,

Ten days. I can only quite remember of the time when I last saw the ship Mary Ann. A good thousand people died there. I remember it clearly, oh dear god.

From the start.

May 4, 1984.

From the view,

"Hello ladies, I hope you're having a great time."
"Why wouldn't we, Will?"
"Only god knows."
As I walk into the next room, down the stern of the ship, I stop by room 204, whilst heading to room 210. I hear commotion from inside, and I stop and listen. A few men are talking in a different language, one I've never heard of before. I eavesdrop for about 5 minutes, recording it all on my voice recorder.

September 9th, 1968

From the view,

You see, I'm a journalist. I keep things organized and handy. Never leave home without the essentials. Keep things snappy and short, nice and cozy. I hit a big-time jackpot story on a couple terrorists over in Iraq. One day I was heading into an abandoned building, trying to recover some lost artifacts in the historical part of town. I heard some people in the building, I was surprised by it, and fascinated. I walked closer to the voices, and hid behind a wall, listening. Since I am fluent in their language, I stealthily hid in a closet, overhearing their entire operation. It was a plan to bomb the Capitol of the United States. I dug out a phone from my pocket and turned it silent. I tapped in a few buttons, and it started recording. I recorded everything on it, the plans of the Boeing B-9's, the plans of recovering the sites of a few Iosif Stalin tanks and deploying them on the grounds of Washington D.C. All of that, so long ago. What I would give to have that life back.

May 4, 1984

Continued,

Me, unlike ever, forgot to turn the phone on silent. After I hear them stop, I click the button to stop recording. *Click*. Muffled shouting ensued, banging and chinking of chairs sliding around, guns cocking, and doors opening. I quickly sidestep into the nearest room, and tip-toe into the closet, shutting myself in. I lob myself up to the topmost shelf, and quietly hide there. The men from the other room entered the room I was in, they knowing I was here. My heart, pounding. My body, shivering. *Creak*. The closet door opens, and one of the men step inside. The shelf I was on was located right above the door, so I watched over it as the guy thrusts his gun into the rack of clothing, and slides it left to right, checking to see if anyone was in there. Thank god he didn't know about the upper shelves. They exit cautiously, and I quickly yet quietly make my way off of the shelf. They must've gone back to their room to put away the weaponry, since this is a monitored cruise ship. I make my way down the hallway. I act normal, like nothing happened. As I was making my way to the captains room, people passed by and waved, hollered, and I responded with little conversation.

May 4, 1984

Continued,

I made it to the room, safely, thank god. The captain sees the look of concern and fear on my face, and I pull out the recorder, and play the first 5 seconds of it. He shoves his face into his cupped hands, half crying, half fearful. He understands that he has terrorists on the boat.
"Captain, do you have any translator for this of sorts?" I say, "This hasn't failed me yet."
He replies, slowly, "Well, the last time I checked Maria is the technological expert."
Shit. I forgot about Maria.
"Thank you, captain."
I weave around the crowd gathered on the poop of the ship, trying to reach the back door. Up the stairs, over the side, down the ladder. Here. Maria's room. I knock and as I do that, I open the door. Maria turns around and has a look of startled on her face. I explain everything quickly and quietly. She pulls up a few command prompts and gets a translator program up, connects my device to a USB port, and it sends everything through a very quick process that takes about a minute.
"Impressive."
She replies, "I try."

The recording plays, translating the words into clear sounding english.
"Tonight, we will kill William Haynes. He has proven much too annoying for Master to handle. Under direct orders, this ship is going down, and we will go down with it. *Muffled grunts*. You, place the C4 in the spots located on this map. You, keep an eye on the front part of the ship." It was clear they had no nautical sense. "I, will keep an eye on the target." Shit. *Click*. Maria turns around, and a distorted look grows upon her face. She tried to yell, but the man punches her out cold. She lies against some bloody equipment. I know now, it was the man talking. I muster a few words, calmly talking.
"We can work this out."
"No need to, will. I know everything about you, and you will pay."
"Who are you, my killer?"
The man walks and faces my front. He takes off the black mask.
"What the hell, Mary?"
"You son of a bitch will. You are going to die."
Using slight of hand I learned from MMA, I quickly pull out a switchblade and cut a gash into her finger, and she drops the gun. I pick it up, she pulls out a trigger of sorts. I figured it was the trigger to blow up the C4.
Mary laughs, "Game over, Will, while you may have won most battles, I won the war."
Out in the corner of my eye, a girl gains consciousness. Maria. She picks up a bent piece of metal laying nearby, and whacks Mary out cold.
"Stalemate."
I breath relief. I walk over to Maria to give her a formal "you-saved-my-life-I-love-you" hug. *Chink*. Fuck. I stepped on the trigger, and the ship was sent to oblivion. As that pathetic ending to my life occurred, my vision went black.

My vision cleared. I couldn't move, my whole body ached with searing pain. My eyes opened, and I screamed. A square shaped pig was on me, and I screamed for the first time in my life. Or was that my life. Flashback. It all came back, the voice recorder, Maria, the explosion. Black. I couldn't see again. Open. My eyes opened yet once more, and the pig still hasn't moved. I tilted my head to the left and saw a shipwreck stuck in some boulders in the water. It was destroyed so bad, that I doubted, that anyone would survive that, but it could still provide me some resources. I tried to gain the strength to move, put I forgot how. I pushed with my mind and soul, and I sat up. My clothes, socks to hat, were battered to pieces.

"Where am I..."  

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I came up with this idea while reading the book "Robinson Crusoe" as you might already guessed. At first I wanted to make it for myself and for a friend of mine. But it got so good I decided to share it with the community.

The rules
    [*:18d1n004]You have to make a sign (Included in the chest) with the number of days on the island and raise it every day by one. The whole "game" is based upon this. For added bonus you won't go crazy, because you don't know if you have spent 10 years or 10 weeks on the island.
    [*:18d1n004]Play on peaceful for the first 10 days, then turn to normal.
    [*:18d1n004]You have to collect all the resources avalible on the ship in 3 days (including all the planks and wool). After 3 days use the flint&steel to burn the ship down, and throw the flint&steel away.
    [*:18d1n004]No mining, there is no possible way for you to make a pickaxe.
    [*:18d1n004]You can only used the seeds on the ship, seeds from hoeing the land are not allowed.
    [*:18d1n004]You can cut down 1 tree per 1 day. If you want to make planks out of the trees, then you have to use 2 days for the tree. 3 days = 1 tree full of planks; 1 tree full of unprocessed wood. (You can make as many sticks as you want further on with the planks)
    [*:18d1n004]Only tools you can make are wooden spade and wooden hoe.
    [*:18d1n004]You are not allowed to go on other islands. You may see 1-2 of them, but never visit them, because you don't know if cannibals live there.
    [*:18d1n004]Base material of your house has to be wool, you can use unprocessed wood for support.

Mods needed

Mods recommended

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pictures

An overview map of the island:
Posted Image

The ship:
Posted Image

A random picture of some nature:
Posted Image

The save

http://www.upload.ee... ... e.zip.html

Place this code to your signature, if you support this map. It helps me alot.

Posted Image

I planned on using a thirst mod too, but I couldn't find any. If someone knows any, please let me know.
Also let me know, if you like it and how I could improve it.
Big props to Cryogenical for creating the story!

Boorlam

View PostSha3psh1fta_, on 12 July 2011 - 01:29 AM, said:

Everyone needs a little encouragement now and then.
Except for gingers. The souless have no need for encouragement.

Register or log in to remove.

Cryogenical
  • Minecraft: Stealez

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

Im gonna use this as a 20 player survival island SMP, without most of the rules. Ima get rid of the ship though, and have a few boats on the sandy shores looking like a cruise crashed and the survivors with lifeboats swam to the island, and ended up there.
Posted Image [SSSS]

Boorlam
    Boorlam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Moved the wild grass mod to the "recommended" group, tho I highly suggest it, because it adds alot to the experience.

Cryogenical said:

Im gonna use this as a 20 player survival island SMP, without most of the rules. Ima get rid of the ship though, and have a few boats on the sandy shores looking like a cruise crashed and the survivors with lifeboats swam to the island, and ended up there.

Glad you like the map, I used Phoenix terrain mod to make it.

Cryogenical
  • Minecraft: Stealez

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Made an entire background story, if you want it. Single-player story only.

Story

May 14, 1984. William Haynes.

From the journal,

Ten days. I can only quite remember of the time when I last saw the ship Mary Ann. A good thousand people died there. I remember it clearly, oh dear god.

From the start.

May 4, 1984.

From the view,

"Hello ladies, I hope you're having a great time."
"Why wouldn't we, will?"
"Only god knows."
As I walk into the next room, down the stern of the ship, I stop by room 204, whilst heading to room 210. I hear commotion from inside, and I stop and listen. A few men are talking in a different language, one I've never heard of before. I eavesdrop for about 5 minutes, recording it all on my voice recorder.

September 9th, 1968

From the view,

You see, I'm a journalist. I keep things organized and handy. Never leave home without the essentials. Keep things snappy and short, nice and cozy. I hit a big-time jackpot story on a couple terrorists over in Iraq. One day I was heading into an abandoned building, trying to recover some lost artifacts in the historical part of town. I heard some people in the building, I was surprised by it, and fascinated. I walked closer to the voices, and hid behind a wall, listening. Since I am fluent in their language, I stealthily hid in a closet, overhearing their entire operation. It was a plan to bomb the Capitol of the United States. I dug out a phone from my pocket and turned it silent. I tapped in a few buttons, and it started recording. I recorded everything on it, the plans of the Boeing B-9's, the plans of recovering the sites of a few Iosif Stalin tanks and deploying them on the grounds of Washington D.C. All of that, so long ago. What I would give to have that life back.

May 4, 1984

Continued,

Me, unlike ever, forgot to turn the phone on silent. After I hear them stop, I click the button to stop recording. *Click*. Muffled shouting ensued, banging and chinking of chairs sliding around, guns cocking, and doors opening. I quickly sidestep into the nearest room, and tip-toe into the closet, shutting myself in. I lob myself up to the topmost shelf, and quietly hide there. The men from the other room entered the room I was in, they knowing I was here. My heart, pounding. My body, shivering. *Creak*. The closet door opens, and one of the men step inside. The shelf I was on was located right above the door, so I watched over it as the guy thrusts his gun into the rack of clothing, and slides it left to right, checking to see if anyone was in there. Thank god he didn't know about the upper shelves. They exit cautiously, and I quickly yet quietly make my way off of the shelf. They must've gone back to their room to put away the weaponry, since this is a monitored cruise ship. I make my way down the hallway. I act normal, like nothing happened. As I was making my way to the captains room, people passed by and waved, hollered, and I responded with little conversation.

May 4, 1984

Continued,

I made it to the room, safely, thank god. The captain sees the look of concern and fear on my face, and I pull out the recorder, and play the first 5 seconds of it. He shoves his face into his cupped hands, half crying, half fearful. He understands that he has terrorists on the boat.
"Captain, do you have any translator for this of sorts?" I say, "This hasn't failed me yet."
He replies, slowly, "Well, the last time I checked Maria is the technological expert."
Shit. I forgot about Maria.
"Thank you, captain."
I weave around the crowd gathered on the poop of the ship, trying to reach the back door. Up the stairs, over the side, down the ladder. Here. Maria's room. I knock and as I do that, I open the door. Maria turns around and has a look of startled on her face. I explain everything quickly and quietly. She pulls up a few command prompts and gets a translator program up, connects my device to a USB port, and it sends everything through a very quick process that takes about a minute.
"Impressive."
She replies, "I try."

The recording plays, translating the words into clear sounding english.
"Tonight, we will kill William Haynes. He has proven much too annoying for Master to handle. Under direct orders, this ship is going down, and we will go down with it. *Muffled grunts*. You, place the C4 in the spots located on this map. You, keep an eye on the front part of the ship." It was clear they had no nautical sense. "I, will keep an eye on the target." Shit. *Click*. Maria turns around, and a distorted look grows upon her face. She tried to yell, but the man punches her out cold. She lies against some bloody equipment. I know now, it was the man talking. I muster a few words, calmly talking.
"We can work this out."
"No need to, will. I know everything about you, and you will pay."
"Who are you, my killer?"
The man walks and faces my front. He takes off the black mask.
"What the hell, Mary?"
"You son of a bitch will. You are going to die."
Using slight of hand I learned from MMA, I quickly pull out a switchblade and cut a gash into her finger, and she drops the gun. I pick it up, she pulls out a trigger of sorts. I figured it was the trigger to blow up the C4.
Mary laughs, "Game over, Will, while you may have won most battles, I won the war."
Out in the corner of my eye, a girl gains consciousness. Maria. She picks up a bent piece of metal laying nearby, and whacks Mary out cold.
"Stalemate."
I breath relief. I walk over to Maria to give her a formal "you-saved-my-life-I-love-you" hug. *Chink*. Fuck. I stepped on the trigger, and the ship was sent to oblivion. As that pathetic ending to my life occurred, my vision went black.

Unknown

From the Book,

My vision cleared. I couldn't move, my whole body ached with searing pain. My eyes opened, and I screamed. A square shaped pig was on me, and I screamed for the first time in my life. Or was that my life. Flashback. It all came back, the voice recorder, Maria, the explosion. Black. I couldn't see again. Open. My eyes opened yet once more, and the pig still hasn't moved. I tried to gain the strength to move, put I forgot how. I pushed with my mind and soul, and I sat up. My clothes, socks to hat, were battered to pieces.

"Where am I..."  

Posted Image [SSSS]

Boorlam
    Boorlam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

I loved the story, but it was kind of surreal. The men were talking about bombing the U.S., while being on a ship that they were going to C4 while being inside. But sadly I cannot use the story, because it is pretty out of place and I have a middle aged wrecked ship on the beach.
Well, I could edit the story on the way it would fit. I got an idea  :)

On another note I got rid of the rule, where you can't craft any sticks, because it would conflict with making hoes and shovels, which are important.

digdig66
    digdig66

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

This is so cool, I'm at day 4...what would be even cooler is if there could be things you stumble upon in the world (such as side adventures or dungeons) just saying that would be cool, and an incentive to explore the island, cuz there's really no point in exploring.

but I love this map! thanks for it! I hope to see some more.  :Diamond:  :Pig:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:

Boorlam
    Boorlam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

I am currently busy with school, the end of the year and last tests, but at the end of this week I might get around making missions for it and objectives to explore the island. I have some ideas.

Thanks for the good feedback!

Boorlam
    Boorlam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

Added a signature part, just to get more (legit) advertisement going around. I verify, that I am going to make some side missions and stuff, maybe even getting you out of the island somehow?

Posted Image