heals ocd symptoms

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2413 replies to this topic

jimeowan
  • Minecraft: jimeowan

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

NEWS Posted Image March 10, 2013: InvTweaks is (finally) moving forward!

Good news for you Minecrafters with OCD! The Inventory Tweaks mod is getting a new start, thanks to the help of Kobata and Fostenel, who are taking over the mod. Please follow the new thread, where a 1.51 update already awaits:

Kobata's Inventory Tweaks thread
(PS: The new versions don't support ModLoader anymore, please switch to Forge)

To those who are into goodbyes :

Thanks a lot to everyone who supported this mod, especially the early ones back in 2011 (omg almost 2 years) It was really fun making this mod, and I find it awesome that it managed to help that much players. May your pickaxes always remain sharp!

Posted Image Old download links

[1.4.6/1.4.7] InvTweaks v1.50 | mirror
[1.4.4/1.4.5] InvTweaks v1.45 | mirror
[1.3.2] InvTweaks v1.43b | mirror
Posted Image Older versions - Posted Image Behind the scenes

Requires Forge or ModLoader | Included translations: Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Special Thanks
  • Posted Image to Kobata and Fostenel for contributing code and eventually taking over the mod,
  • Posted Image to cpw and iluvredwall for their code contributions,
  • Posted Image to Ahmaz, AJFire and Larandar for their long-time support and feedback,
  • Posted Image to DoingIt and Tain101 for their videos that helped the mod become popular,
  • Posted Image to translators Ryo567 & Aledrobt (Spanish), 0l1vR (German), TH3steven (Dutch), Ezspecial & Ricalou (Portuguese), Hugsim, Doyle3694 & Brott (Swedish), JonathanHertz (Danish), Fishy (Polish), Necrontoend & VADemon (Russian), Ricalou & NTWalker (Japanese), IvyMichael & NTWalker (Chinese), and a few more contributors,
  • Posted Image to Evenprime for his Convenient Inventory mod which inspired mine,
  • And of course Posted Image to every minecrafter who took the time to report bugs and/or leave supporting comments!

Register or log in to remove.

Doing it
    Doing it

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

This is the best mod that anybody can use.

Edited by Doing it, 04 March 2012 - 08:09 PM.
Position bragging.

Posted Image

thegreatnate

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

Wow, this is an amazing mod. It helps so much :D :iapprove:  for you!
:P
Posted Image

Skullex
    Skullex

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Minecraft: Skullex

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

jimeowan said:

Disclaimer: This mod is provided without any warranty, so I'm not responsible if you lose flowers, cookies or any other valuable items while sorting your inventory!
Wait, so does that mean it's possible that it could erase some of your items, making it a known problem?

jimeowan

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

Doing it said:

Works great!

Amazing mod. No deletes yet so all good.

May I suggest making a support banner for peoples sigs because I sure would put it in mine and if you want tomorow I will be making a video. So you can add that in your video section if you want.

:Pig:  :Pig:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  out of 5 diamonds for you!!!! Does what it says it does and I love it!

Good idea, I just added the banner to the original post. If you have time to make a video, I'd be glad to add it too!

Skullex said:

jimeowan said:

Disclaimer: This mod is provided without any warranty, so I'm not responsible if you lose flowers, cookies or any other valuable items while sorting your inventory!
Wait, so does that mean it's possible that it could erase some of your items, making it a known problem?

I've never seen any item disappear yet, but since it's a brand new mod, I prefer to warn you!
Posted Image

spowney
    spowney

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

Firstly, contratz, Great mod. I've been working on an inventory manipulation mod of a different nature the last few days.

I see you plan to release smp support.

"This doesn't work yet in SMP (sorry!). For now, the server reverts the inventory to the initial arrangement, but it will be fixed for v1.0 ;)"

I have successfully gotten my mod to work correctly in ssp, but I lack the knowledge of the commands needed to make a successful / legal item move and to make it stick.

I have had a look at the code for convenient inventory which does a similar effect to the first half of your mod and works on SMP. He replicates users clicks to perform the item movements which is a novel way of performing it.

This is where the auto replace feature would fall down however, needing to move an item from one inventory slot to another without opening up the inventory and without clicking.

I'm very interested as to how you plan to do it or if you were unaware of the problems we both face. I have asked and searched unsuccessfully for an answer or for a mod that uses a similar manipulation but I have found none.

I'm interested in what classes and methods are used to perform this. Get it touch, we may be able to help each other out with problems.

If not, good luck. Thanks for sharing.

Cool12309
  • Minecraft: Cool12309

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:06 AM

Could you add the version number in the OP title? It's very helpful to see the version in the title, and that way we don't have to check the topic (+convenience/-views)
Posted Image

thunderz, via a game, said:

And we could both suck at it together

Piecejr said:

CHRIS2384 said:

titanic plates moving to cause an
earthquake but still COOL
I pray to god you meant tectonic.

jimeowan

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

Cool12309 said:

Could you add the version number in the OP title? It's very helpful to see the version in the title, and that way we don't have to check the topic (+convenience/-views)

You're right, done.

spowney said:

I have successfully gotten my mod to work correctly in ssp, but I lack the knowledge of the commands needed to make a successful / legal item move and to make it stick.

I have had a look at the code for convenient inventory which does a similar effect to the first half of your mod and works on SMP. He replicates users clicks to perform the item movements which is a novel way of performing it.

This is where the auto replace feature would fall down however, needing to move an item from one inventory slot to another without opening up the inventory and without clicking.

I'm very interested as to how you plan to do it or if you were unaware of the problems we both face. I have asked and searched unsuccessfully for an answer or for a mod that uses a similar manipulation but I have found none.

I'm interested in what classes and methods are used to perform this. Get it touch, we may be able to help each other out with problems.

If not, good luck. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Spowney,

Yeah I noticed (a bit late, I have to admit) that the multiplayer protocol makes sorting a bit complicated, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

The main problem I'm currently facing is that either I change my sorting algorithm to make it work only with item swaps and merges (see the SMP protocol) - like Convenient Inventory as you say, or I keep my current one, and find the perfect combination of SMP messages afterwards. The latter would be better IMO, since is doesn't lower performance for SP, but it may be rather hard to work out.

About the auto-replace feature, I thought I would also send to the server the inventory opening/closing messages to make it work, but I haven't tested it yet. Actually I'm not even sure this is needed, because according to the Coalition wiki, the Window opening message is not used for the player inventory.

I'll make sure to tell you when I have something!
Posted Image

Droganis
    Droganis

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

This is great works beautifully, like the automatic replacement in the D slots. I have found 1 thing though, I have porkchop on my hot bar and set another 1 to be in A1 and it sorts every other item higher then it in the tree and then places the item in the next available slot.
Posted Image

spowney
    spowney

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

Hey, cheers for that link. I've been searching for something like that for a day or two. As I say, I'm pretty new to this and I'm being a bit ambitious. I'm gunna bury my head in that wiki for a bit. Good luck.

Doing it
    Doing it

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

PSd0ZFoiIWM

[youtube]PSd0ZFoiIWM[/youtube]

Great mod, thanks.

Posted Image

jimeowan

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

Droganis said:

This is great works beautifully, like the automatic replacement in the D slots. I have found 1 thing though, I have porkchop on my hot bar and set another 1 to be in A1 and it sorts every other item higher then it in the tree and then places the item in the next available slot.

You're right, the rules don't work well when they enter in conflict with other items. Thanks for your feedback, it will be fixed for 1.0!

EDIT: If you can't wait for the final version, I just uploaded the Beta 2, that fixes this.

spowney said:

Hey, cheers for that link. I've been searching for something like that for a day or two. As I say, I'm pretty new to this and I'm being a bit ambitious. I'm gunna bury my head in that wiki for a bit. Good luck.

Thanks, good luck for your mod too! Also, if you didn't notice it, there is already a class to help you build the messages we're looking for, see Packet102WindowClick.java, Packet100OpenWindow.java and Packet101CloseWindow.java.

Doing it said:

[youtube]PSd0ZFoiIWM[/youtube]

:SSSS: Awesome :(
This video is going straight to the OP, thanks a lot :)
(Good song choice btw)
Posted Image

Doing it
    Doing it

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

No problem sir. :) Glad I helped somehow :o

Posted Image

jimeowan

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Yay! 100 downloads reached after one day, let's celebrate with a random Minecraft joke!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Doing it
    Doing it

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Great mod, works great.

Posted Image

jimeowan

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

InventoryTweaks Beta2 is out!

Sorting algorithm is now less buggy when handling numerous rules.
The mod is faster and smarter than ever!
Posted Image

methetechman

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:27 AM

will this work with mod items.you could do it like this; put mod item name than ID # after it, in the tree config. ex. (drill 30255) if you can   :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :SSSS:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :SSSS:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  to you(good luck sorting that.)

jimeowan

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:27 AM

methetechman said:

will this work with mod items.you could do it like this; put mod item name than ID # after it, in the tree config. ex. (drill 30255) if you can   :GoldBar:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :GoldBar:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  to you(good luck sorting that.)

Well you can already edit the tree to add mod items or categories if you want to. But it's true that if you have a lot of mods this can be quite annoying... I think I will soon start a page on MinecraftWiki so that everyone can put the tree snippet that matches each mod. Then you will only have to do some copy/paste to your InvTweaksTree.txt!
Posted Image

Mandorange
  • Minecraft: Mandorange

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

HURRAH!!

An aid for my OCDness!!!
:D  :GoldBar:  :GoldBar:
Posted Image

bash_stampeede
  • Minecraft: bash23

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

Whats SMP?