Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

doctor who mod

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

masterbalthezar
  • Minecraft: MasterBalthezar

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

Ok, i have had this idea for a doctor who mod.

I was thinking of being able to build a TARDIS like structure and use it move across the map with. Set locations on the map and the TARDIS spawn near them, i have seen a mod that is sort of similar to this which is the Stargate mod.
if possible the tardis would take up 4 blocks in size and to use/enter it you right click it and you are inside. while inside to can have chests, crafting tables and furnaces. have a door on the inside that you walk through to exit.

This is what i was sort of thinking for the tardis recipe:

:Blue: :Blue: :Blue:
:Blue: :Glass: :Blue:
:Blue: :wood: :Blue:

:wood: = Door
:Blue: = Lapus Lazuli

maybe something along those lines.

I was also thinking of changing mobs into some of the doctors enemies, e.g.

Creeper = Dalek
Zombie = Cybermen

Instead of the Creeper/Dalek exploding it can fire a beam at you that set you on fire.
And with the Zombie/Cybermen could maybe try to convert you into one of them.

And last but not least a sonic screwdriver. It could be used for:

Opening wooden/iron doors and trap doors from a distance
    Turning Redstone torches/paths on or off
    Stunning any mob for 5 seconds
    Sets TnT off from a distance
    Acts like a flint n steel (for creating portals)

i was thinking that you could make a few variations of the sonic like the series.

:RedShroom: = Redstone
:Flint and Steel: = Button

:: :Diamond: ::  something like this for the 9th/10th sonic
::  :Iron:  ::
:: :Iron: ::

:: :RedShroom: ::  this for river song's sonic  (the doctors future one)
::  :Iron:  ::
:: :Iron: ::

:Iron: :Diamond: :Iron:
:Iron: :Flint and Steel: :Iron:
:: :GoldBar: ::

Im new to modding and have no idea how to even start any of this, or even know if this is possible. But i hope one day that someone will be able to accomplish this.

Ok, i made a design for the 9th/10th sonic and i used the other mod request design for the 11th sonic. credit to the person that drew the 11th sonic, i have just changed the colors a little.

(http://www.minecraft...c-screw-driver/) - Link to the sonic screwdriver mod that someone else made.

Posted Image
This recipe for the 9th/10th sonic.

Posted Image
This recipe for making the green gem.

Posted Image
This recipe for the 11th screwdriver.

Posted Image
Here is the recipe for the red gem.

Posted Image
And here is the recipe for the river song sonic.

Posted Image
This is my design for the TARDIS.

Im not sure on what the TARDIS will look like game, or the sonics. I haven't thought ahead that far. I will try and make some images, (time permitting) and upload them here at a later date.
my idea for a mod: viewtopic.php?f=1033&t=345149&p=4755012#p4755012

Real men dont eat  quiche, they bake it

Register or log in to remove.

JFixer
    JFixer

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Minecraft: JFixer

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:09 AM

HA!  YES!

I have no idea as to how the screwdriver should be crafted, or the Tardis.  But heck yes, this request is GOLDEN!

This is Joseph Fixer, and I REALLY approve of this mod!
Si vis pacem, para bellum. - A latin quote by Vegetius, meaning If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein

ansdog
    ansdog

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:29 AM

JFixer said:

HA!  YES!

I have no idea as to how the screwdriver should be crafted, or the Tardis.  But heck yes, this request is GOLDEN!

For the sonic screw driver it could use diamond and iron and redstone and for the tardis there could be a very small chance for a tardis sapling in a dungon. If anybody watched journey's end(srry i am a total geek) tardis's can be grown.

masterbalthezar

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

JFixer said:

HA!  YES!

im glad someone likes this idea :o

im a massive whovian and would cherish a mod like this if it was available.

bobert1441

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

This should be made

There should be Gallifreyan technology or something

Bigger on the inside!!

Posted Image

Huskitch
    Huskitch

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

I could easily make the screwdriver, if somebody made me the texture.

BigShinyToys

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Would the Tardis be capible of Travle around The map and to the nether.Cos that would be so cool if it could do that.and Just a Question How would you make it bigger on the inside ????
Still this is very cool.. I would give you dimonds but the new forum is so bugy i cant figer out how ATM.
Posted Image

sketaful
  • Minecraft: sketaful

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

The "bigger on the inside" can't be to hard to fix. You enter the tardis by clicking the door and are "teleported" inside. Since its a tele, you could set the tardis inside to be it's own world (since it is) so u have to support multiworld I suppose.

The hard part would be to get the door to lead to knew places. But I guess you could make it a random generated teleport. You'll never know where you show up :) Or use the controls on the tardis to set the coords for the teleport.
Posted Image

Zero232
    Zero232

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Minecraft: TheCyberNerder

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

this the BEST idea for a mod that i have ever heard of! (i'm a Whovian to so i know what i'm talking about)
Posted Image

Posted Image

masterbalthezar

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

View PostHuskitch, on 16 May 2011 - 06:40 AM, said:

I could easily make the screwdriver, if somebody made me the texture.

il come up with some texture designs and post them in a day or so :)

jaffa_5
    jaffa_5

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Minecraft: Jaffa_5

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

yes some one make this mod it will be epic i would but i have no modding skills :(
Posted Image

The Unnamed TimeLord
  • Minecraft: Archangel_Sin

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

While it is a great venture to develop a fully functional TARDIS mod (bigger on the inside and all) it is known that developing such a thing would require a rewrite in the game's main code. It was talked about a bit before having a similar idea but it came down to that end.

Now as for the ability to make it spawn anywhere on the map. That possible, I have explained an idea similar to this. The only difference is that mine would have the option to randomly spawn you anywhere (above ground or underground) at any time of day (having the ability to change the time of day wherever you spawn at next) which would allow some interesting travels. The idea was that we had a manual system for proper teleportation to a destination you want to spawn to and a fully randomized option that will allow you to travel anywhere even off to new places you have yet to see. Also a portable chest/stove will be integrated into the system.

As for the Daleks, I honestly thought it would be better to just make a custom mod that behaves very similar to Ghasts (floating, fire projectiles and all). This would make them much more terrifying if you would ever come across one.

Finally, there are 2 others on here that have concept mods which I hope will see the light of day.

http://www.minecraft...c-screw-driver/
http://www.minecraft...ing-angels-mob/

I also suggested some time ago to have some sort of "Whovian minecrafters Club" or "Guild" whichever sounds cooler. It seems there are plenty of fans on here but we never get to meet within the same place.

masterbalthezar

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

View PostBigShinyToys, on 19 May 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

Would the Tardis be capible of Travle around The map and to the nether.Cos that would be so cool if it could do that.and Just a Question How would you make it bigger on the inside ????
Still this is very cool.. I would give you dimonds but the new forum is so bugy i cant figer out how ATM.

if possible you could choose to land somewhere randomly in the nether and then have points saved for the normal world

BigShinyToys

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

View PostThe Unnamed TimeLord, on 28 May 2011 - 01:10 AM, said:

While it is a great venture to develop a fully functional TARDIS mod (bigger on the inside and all) it is known that developing such a thing would require a rewrite in the game's main code. It was talked about a bit before having a similar idea but it came down to that end.

Now as for the ability to make it spawn anywhere on the map. That possible, I have explained an idea similar to this. The only difference is that mine would have the option to randomly spawn you anywhere (above ground or underground) at any time of day (having the ability to change the time of day wherever you spawn at next) which would allow some interesting travels. The idea was that we had a manual system for proper teleportation to a destination you want to spawn to and a fully randomized option that will allow you to travel anywhere even off to new places you have yet to see. Also a portable chest/stove will be integrated into the system.

As for the Daleks, I honestly thought it would be better to just make a custom mod that behaves very similar to Ghasts (floating, fire projectiles and all). This would make them much more terrifying if you would ever come across one.

Finally, there are 2 others on here that have concept mods which I hope will see the light of day.

http://www.minecraft...c-screw-driver/
http://www.minecraft...ing-angels-mob/

I also suggested some time ago to have some sort of "Whovian minecrafters Club" or "Guild" whichever sounds cooler. It seems there are plenty of fans on here but we never get to meet within the same place.

I Think a Topic for Minecraft/who fans would be very cool im to bussy to setup and manage a page but if someone makes it please likn it hear ..
Posted Image

sageofshadow
  • Minecraft: sageofshadow

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

Beat you to it, doctor who mod idea here, link in sig click the picture. unfortunately,  it seems nigh impossible to code.
Posted Image

alpha112358

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

Thanks to this post, I am in the alpha stage of writing a tardis mod capable of moving anywhere on the overworld minecraft map.
BTW, its ModLoader compatible and edits no vanilla classes.

Reply with your suggestions, and I will try to code them into an eventual pack.
Posted Image

xylose
    xylose

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Minecraft: evil_xylose

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

oh my gosh! The endermen can be the weeping angles!
Posted Image

Alcat1
    Alcat1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

NO!

There already is a Dr. Who mod request on this forum, whe do not need another one!

Search before you post!

DO IT!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but a diamond sword cuts your head off!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

masterbalthezar

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

View PostAlcat1, on 19 August 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

NO!

There already is a Dr. Who mod request on this forum, whe do not need another one!

Search before you post!

DO IT!

Yes there are some Doctor Who mod idea's already out there, and I have viewed them. But I have gone into a little more detail on some of the ideas. And if you search the mod idea's section you will find more than 1 mod post, based on the same idea. So don't just say "NO!". And the more idea's people have, the better the mod will be, if it was to be made. As there are probably 4 or more now for a doctor who mod, (I haven't checked recently) it's a good thing. With everyone that makes a post, or post's an idea, it give's more to work with.

DoctorWhoof
  • Minecraft: Scizor

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

View Postmasterbalthezar, on 20 August 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

Yes there are some Doctor Who mod idea's already out there, and I have viewed them. But I have gone into a little more detail on some of the ideas. And if you search the mod idea's section you will find more than 1 mod post, based on the same idea. So don't just say "NO!". And the more idea's people have, the better the mod will be, if it was to be made. As there are probably 4 or more now for a doctor who mod, (I haven't checked recently) it's a good thing. With everyone that makes a post, or post's an idea, it give's more to work with.

You REALLY should check the link in sages sig, We are actually modding this and have a team.
Former Member of the Doctor-Who Minecraft client mod.
I used to be known as Scizor on the MC forums. I run a pony Ask blog!