You climb up onto the shoreline, feet slipping in the sand, making the struggle even more difficult. Land. Sweet, sweet land. It's been a while since you set sail. You look behind you and see what used to be your ship. The storm was heavy and hit you hard, it's a miracle that you're even alive! It's a good thing you washed up on this island, for if you were stuck out at sea, nature's merciless ways would have sent you to down into the abyss.
Hunger and thirst strikes you hard. When was it you last ate? Unfortunately, losing track of time is a common side effect of unconsciousness. A castle, hmm, perhaps you can trade what you have in your pockets for some food, and maybe ask the locals when the next shipping vessel is due to leave so you can get home. Gather your things that have washed up with you and go have a look. Maybe go back to the wreckage of the ship and see if anything useful is still around.
This is 'The Island', where you must uncover the truth as to what happened to the inhabitants and defeat any evil which may come inbetween you and the truth.
I've gotten a lot of feedback for this map, and here are some tips to help lessen the confusion!
1. Follow the notes! In each note is a clue to help guide you to the next one, read them carefully!
2. There IS a way into the iron doored tower. Look for clay at the bottom where the cobblestone meets the water, all shall be revealed. There is then a ladder up to a mini room with a lever.
3. There are diamonds and sticks in chests... Use these to craft a diamond pickaxe, then go into the collapsed mine and keep going down, you will find the "Obsidian Key". Follow the note's instructions to obtain the Redstone Torch which you'll need in the dungeons.
Pioneering the use of horror and isolation in Minecraft!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!!
**Skip the ad!**
- Permanent, stormy skies and epic atmosphere.
- Dark tunnels that come with a hint of claustrophobia.
- Resource management and acquisition similar to Resident Evil (gameplay very similar).
- Storyline with images!
- Epic castle to explore and discover.
- Dark dungeons and collapsed mines, even a portal to hell.
It's taken about a week, and I put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you all enjoy it and give me your feedback, as there may be a sequel!
1. Do not destroy the environment. The only blocks you may destroy are clay and the obsidian block indicated by the text in one of the notes included within the pack.
2. Read the notes as you come across them, preferrably in order!
3. The notes tell you wear to go, read them!
4. Play on normal or hard
5. Use DOKUCRAFT DARK! Link:
I cannot stress this enough for the correct atmosphere of the game!
The rain is set to be permanent to aid the effective atmosphere ^^
Enjoy your stormy, hopefully frightening adventure.
Post any screenshots or videos you take and I'll always appreciate feedback! Thanks
Some screenshots :
12/05/2011 : 230 Downloads
13/05/2011 : 453 Downloads
14/05/2011 : 554 Downloads
16/05/2011 : 720 Downloads
17/05/2011 : 2300 Downloads
19/05/2011 : 4700 Downloads
21/05/2011 : 6200 Downloads
24/05/2011 : 7200 Downloads
27/05/2011 : 8000 Downloads
12/06/2011 : 12000 Downloads
As promised, I'm releasing the trailer for my new map (work in progress) at over 9000 downloads!
CHECK IT OUT!
If you wish to support me and really want to donate, you can do so below ^^