• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

darthnix
    darthnix

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

I keep hearing these noises in minecraft, and they are random. They sound like chimes.What do they mean?
Posted Image  Click my picture. You know you want to. :)

Register or log in to remove.

WhatTheHazzy
  • Minecraft: Nice Cracking Broseph

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

darthnix said:

I keep hearing these noises in minecraft, and they are random. They sound like chimes.What do they mean?

Herobrine picked up some new wind chimes last time he was at B+Q.

Not like it's the actual in game music or anything...
Stop changing my signature.

Zancie
    Zancie

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5308 posts
  • Location: Stalking. You. Just kidding, I'm stalking that person.
  • Minecraft: Zancie

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

Cave noises, they're supposed to be ambient, sadly they sound NOTHING like cave noises, they aren't ambient, and they sound scary as hell!
Pig's run from me, for I am THE PIG TAMER!

will2468
    will2468

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Minecraft: will2468

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

why must you bring up Herobrine?

minegold878

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

cave noises scare me ahh. it happen once when i was mineing.

coin409
    coin409

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2823 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

Cave ambience.
4PA2uLm8ups

Posted Image

Syeonyx
    Syeonyx

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts
  • Minecraft: ArkantosDT
  • Xbox:ArkantosDT

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

If you mean the sudden noise tht sounds like a train pulling into a station, then yeah they're meant to be ambient cave noises. Although I have noticed that they sometimes play when you're outside, which is odd...

Posted Image

Theguy101

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:17 AM

Syeonyx said:

If you mean the sudden noise tht sounds like a train pulling into a station, then yeah they're meant to be ambient cave noises. Although I have noticed that they sometimes play when you're outside, which is odd...
They play when your near proximity to a cave. Which means when your outside and the sound plays, a cave is hidden somewhere underground.
Posted Image

Grifstar
  • Minecraft: Grifstar

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

Syeonyx said:

It means you're close to a room with no light or not enough of it, such as caves. So there was probably something directly below you.

It can sometimes be from things that aren't even caves. I've had buildings I made play that sound because I hadn't put enough torches in yet.
Posted Image

Lightweight_BRO

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

The chimes only happen when you have discovered a giant cave, dungeon, or something special! For instance if you are mining and you suddenly hear a chime, it probably means you are near a cave or a dungeon. Hope this helps!
Hi everybody,
Check out my awesome new server call CoolioCraft that I'm running in San Francisco, California. I'm a 16 year old dude, so you know I'm pretty chill :). Here's a link: viewtopic.php?f=1023&t=342937
Check it!

darthnix
    darthnix

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

thanks guys.
Posted Image  Click my picture. You know you want to. :)

Dark_Casper
  • Minecraft: Dark_Casper

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

When you're in the Nether.
You hear...
Scary stuff.
mc.sidetrackedgaming.com

nalysale
    nalysale

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

View Postdarthnix, on 10 May 2011 - 11:44 PM, said:

Such as cave sound with big silent in way.The Harmonics of Sound has been a source of divine inspiration since the beginning of time and has been regarded as the very foundation of creation by many traditions.Its horror sound...

Potato_X_Ing
  • Location: Trying to find the time flux teleportation machine, and I just can't find it, Damn it!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

I was mining, heard the train stopping and right as the sound stopped I heard "SSssss"
We have all lost a wolf or cat once in our life, now put them to rest here...    Did I help? Click the green + on the bottom right!

kragmoor

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

because he can

Nick111211

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I have also been hearing them but I dont think its because of light levels because I have wmll installed and the light level isn't low

PerryGreens
  • Minecraft: Le
  • Xbox:Ps3

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Cave music...oh the ambience
Corny jokes make me laugh
Posted Image

Leftypower123
  • Minecraft: Leftypower123

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ambiences
They sound when you are within 20 blocks of an unlit cave (light level 7 or less). They DON'T mean nearby ore or immediate danger, but they are very scary. They just mean there's an unlit cave.
Dig around you and you will eventually find the cave. Have fun mining the ore in that cave :)

-Lefty
I can't make your bed rock. Cuz it's unminable.

StackyDavid

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostLeftypower123, on 16 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Ambiences
They sound when you are within 20 blocks of an unlit cave (light level 7 or less). They DON'T mean nearby ore or immediate danger, but they are very scary. They just mean there's an unlit cave.
Dig around you and you will eventually find the cave. Have fun mining the ore in that cave Posted Image

-Lefty

What this guy said. Also, they're meant to provide you with an alternative source of bricks ;)
Watch me mine for crafts, craft mines, fall down shafts and do a bunch of other things that may or may not involve blocks.

nivram
    nivram

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2584 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostStackyDavid, on 16 December 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

What this guy said. Also, they're meant to provide you with an alternative source of bricks Posted Image

A question if I may StackyDavid. What is meant by "alternative source of bricks"?

Thanks,

Marv