Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Is Hamachi safe to host a server with?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Syfer613
  • Minecraft: Syfer613

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hello everybody. I was seting up a server yesterday using Hamachi, and as soon as I got done, my computer picked up a Trojan virus detection. For those of you who don't know this, a Trojan can activate unwanted shut downs and cause serious damage to your computer. I got rid of it though luckly. I still havent figured out where it came from. I just want to know if unmanaged Hamachi has ever been known to cause a virus affection. Thank you. Heres a diamond: :Spider: :Spider:
“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” -Ernest Hemingway

Register or log in to remove.

GRABBIN_PEELS
  • Minecraft: GRABBIN_PEELS

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Syfer613 said:

Hello everybody. I was seting up a server yesterday using Hamachi, and as soon as I got done, my computer picked up a Trojan virus detection. For those of you who don't know this, a Trojan can activate unwanted shut downs and cause serious damage to your computer. I got rid of it though luckly. I still havent figured out where it came from. I just want to know if unmanaged Hamachi has ever been known to cause a virus affection. Thank you. Heres a diamond: :Sheep: :D

Hamachi is uninfected.

Posted Image

Hurricane9

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

It's safe
Xfire- codhurricane
Posted Image

Senrade
    Senrade

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Minecraft: Senrade

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

These guys are right, it's entirely safe. I've been using Hamachi for months, no problems at all.

shadex
    shadex

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Yes, Hamachi is very well known and is not infected!
OMGWTFHAX - An amazing Minecraft server/community
Posted Image

pizzamanilla
  • Minecraft: lapizzaman

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

Gotta love Hamachi :stone:
Cirno is the str⑨ngest.
Posted Image

awopcxet
    awopcxet

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2357 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

you got the lag from a wesite becouse hamachi is totaly safe, why would norton make a program who cause virus?

sonic2kk
  • Minecraft: sonic2kk
  • Xbox:sonic2kk

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

View PostSyfer613, on 08 May 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Hello everybody. I was seting up a server yesterday using Hamachi, and as soon as I got done, my computer picked up a Trojan virus detection. For those of you who don't know this, a Trojan can activate unwanted shut downs and cause serious damage to your computer. I got rid of it though luckly. I still havent figured out where it came from. I just want to know if unmanaged Hamachi has ever been known to cause a virus affection. Thank you. Heres a diamond: :Spider: :Spider:

how did u get a trojen? u mustve got it unoffically from a bad site cuz i dont have it. or maybe i do and i just don't know. how do i find out i use mac so find out?

View PostGRABBIN_PEELS, on 08 May 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

Hamachi is uninfected.

i know how did that preson get a trojen?
Posted Image

DahLittleDude

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Yeah its 100% safe, as far as virus' go.

ba12348
    ba12348

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 692 posts
  • Minecraft: ba12348

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

Yes and no.  Hamachi itself is not a virus and does not contain one, however it does allow people on the Hamachi network to access you computer and hijack it, Port forwarding forces their packets to go into a certain application.  

For example, you could put a sprinkler system outside to fill up a bucket, but then the water goes everywhere, or you put a hose into the bucket, and the water is forced to go into the bucket.

I would highly recommend learning to port forward, besides, cutting out the extra application can reduce lag.
If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a day,
If you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.

MineMan_620

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

Hamachi is safe. Must've been a coincidence. Unless you get any more viruses, you're okay.
This sentence is false.

ArchDragon97

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

omg u guyz are idots!!!!!!!!!! hamachi gives you viruss!!
No i will NOT click your stupid dumb dragon egg crap
WTF is people are more then 20+ year olds watching my little pony

Destructoid17
  • Minecraft: Destructoid17

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

omg archdragon you y u no use gramar you is 1st gayder?
Anyways Hamachi is pretty safe, but people can get on your computer if they're on the Hamachi network.  Just make sure your firewall and antivirus software is up to date.

Good day to you sir, If I have assisted, and or pleased you in any way, please do click the green plus.

Doooomguy
  • Minecraft: Doooomguy

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:32 AM

View PostDestructoid17, on 27 December 2011 - 01:22 AM, said:

omg archdragon you y u no use gramar you is 1st gayder?
Anyways Hamachi is pretty safe, but people can get on your computer if they're on the Hamachi network.  Just make sure your firewall and antivirus software is up to date.

When you say Hamachi network, do you mean the people on the Minecraft server your on or the whole Hamachi network?
Posted Image

ba12348
    ba12348

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 692 posts
  • Minecraft: ba12348

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

Oh my god dooomguy, why would you think necroing is okay? There have been so many more Hamachi server threads since this one.

And yes, it means anyone on the Hamachi network.
If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a day,
If you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.