MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4131 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

View PostLuxander, on 17 August 2011 - 05:18 PM, said:

What has science done?!

And how will I ever climb a mountain that high? It's going to be freaking impossible! If you fall down a vertical drop you'll have to wait ten minutes to die!

In other words, I am totally psyched!

Muhahahaahahahaa!!

Which is why I can't wait for the next version of the Zeppelin Mod. Mouser X has talked it's author into adjusting it so that you can change it's max height in it's config file in it's next version. So long as there aren't any other compatibility issues it should they allow us to fly sky ships around in these brave new worlds! ;)

btw: I am very happy to report that another [WIP] Mod that I have a very personal interest in, the Pullcart Mod, is working great with the Zeppelin Mod! The pullcart mod is still very alpha and the current version has an amusing little temporary addition to it, but it seems to bring much needed functionality to the Zepplin Mod, and promises to bring more once the Furnace carts are fully working. ;)

You can see screenshots and more info regarding this at my post [Post# 1933] in the Zeppelin thread.

Register or log in to remove.

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4131 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

View PostRobinton, on 17 August 2011 - 01:41 AM, said:

I don't think I ever got around to mentioning it, but for a version or two now, I've included the IC "World.java" "ModSaver" hook along with a dummy "ModSaver" class. If you're runing CC and IC, install IC first, then install CC, but don't include "ModSaver.class" from CC!

Aha! So IC = the first Industrial Craft Mod. There will be some people very happy to hear that!

Are the CC 1.42 Client & Server included in this?

Billybobjoepants
  • Minecraft: billybobjoepants

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

You should make a map generator to go with the height changes.
(Bigger mountains, caves, etc...)
Now, to get on that sky scraper!

Playing since Alpha 1.1- when the grass was so neon-hued, you needed sunglasses.

Posted Image

Robinton
  • Minecraft: Robinton

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

I just updated the Conversion tool to be able to convert the hundreds of thousands of extra blocks of vertical space...

And, just for fun, I built an addon mod, using only the ModLoader/ICubePopulator interface, that generates deposits of pure Diamond Blocks at y < -1600. With a little work, someone could do the same thing with the Skylands in midair. I'd give tips to anyone who wants to try.

@MineCrak: Just the client.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Verlian
    Verlian

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Minecraft: Verlian

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostBillybobjoepants, on 17 August 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

You should make a map generator to go with the height changes.
(Bigger mountains, caves, etc...)
Now, to get on that sky scraper!

Now if you've follow this thread at all...
There is an addition to the CC mod that allows currently terrin generation up to 256, as soon as previous posts screenshots and so on.

Here's the release of it and how to implent it.
I couldn't find any more updates so far though.

It's always wise to check previous pages of a thread if you want additional information!

View Postkinnikinnick, on 16 August 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

I'm back online till 7pm (pacific time).  Anyone with questions can axe me now!

I will post a updated to 1.4.2 version right now.  Please tell me how it goes!

ToweringPhoenixV1.4.2

I'm trying something new:

-delete your .minecraft folder and everything in it (remember not to back it up)
-reinstall a fresh copy of minecraft
-open .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar with winrar or winzip
-delete the meta-inf folder from inside the jar
-drag modloader files into the jar
-close the jar and test to make sure minecraft still works
-open the jar and add CubicChunksV1.4.2 from the opening post
-close and test again
-open and add the new 'ToweringPhoenixPatchV1.4.2' files to the jar
-close and cross all your toes.
-test.

The biomeTerrainSettings.ini is still being worked on. Wish me skill and luck!  :rolleyes:

Oh and if this still doesn't help... you might need to update to Java7 too.

DarthNomad

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hi,
I tried CC and it is a very great mod, because I hate the Minecraft y-limit.
But I don´t get it how to set up a SMP-Server with CC. Can anyone explain it to me, please?
I would like to run this mod on my server, maybe you could make a bukkit-compatible version?
Again, very very good work  :)

Verlian
    Verlian

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostDarthNomad, on 17 August 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

Hi,
I tried CC and it is a very great mod, because I hate the Minecraft y-limit.
But I don´t get it how to set up a SMP-Server with CC. Can anyone explain it to me, please?
I would like to run this mod on my server, maybe you could make a bukkit-compatible version?
Again, very very good work  :)

I highly suggest you check Minecrak's tutorial at his thread. It explains it quite well how you set it up.
Though fair warning, SMP is still in quite an experimental stage last i read.

Elduin
    Elduin

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Minecraft: Biofrell
  • Xbox:Eulious

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

Can someone please explain how to install Cubic Chunks Phoenix Terrain Mod compatible version?
Posted Image

Mouser X

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

View PostUnitex, on 17 August 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

Can someone please explain how to install Cubic Chunks Phoenix Terrain Mod compatible version?
Please read the post right above yours.  Quoted below....

View PostVerlian, on 17 August 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

I highly suggest you check Minecrak's tutorial at his thread. It explains it quite well how you set it up.
Though fair warning, SMP is still in quite an experimental stage last i read.

buggy1997123

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

Hey, just wondering, could you make a merged version of the Cubic Chunks Minecraftserver.class and the ModLoaderMpUnofficial Minecraftserver.class? Im pretty sure that thats the only thing preventing them from being used together in smp(Though there could be a few class conflicts) but I can't figure out if thats the only thing that needs to be merged to use both CC and ModloaderMP on the same server.

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4131 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

View PostUnitex, on 17 August 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

Hi Unitex. I only have the very first merged version from a long time ago on my thread right now, you probably don't want that one. I don't have the newest one there yet because I'm waiting for the current patch version to be recompiled for Java 6 and for it's height limit settings to be fixed before adding it to the thread, to reduce the complaints. ;)

Spoiler:

[EDIT] Sorry Verlian! I've been bouncing all over the forum and updating my thread and only saw your post after the one with this info, the one sending them to my thread (thanks btw :)) And I didn't want him to bother with the old one in my thread, which is where he was heading. I have now put a message in that section of my thread OP regarding why they should not bother with the ancient one. ;)

Verlian
    Verlian

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

@above
Just as i said already...
/forgiven =P

Anyway!
Just wanted to inform you that despite actually putting some research behind every lil' setting for the BioTerrainMod settings, i still have not been able to create Oceans. Either i am missing something majorly or some settings are missing or... Well then Herobrine drank the entire ocean up!

Anyone got an idea?
Or is something missing entirely in the BioTerrain settings?

@kinnikinnick
Could you look into the ocean issue for the "next" update? It'd would be very appreciated!
I'd even give you my entire month's supply of cookies.

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4131 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

Hey everyone. You have GOT to check out the video that was posted to my thread by Flyper! I think Robinton has been having some fun. Or is it R-Mob that has been having some fun? ;) :D

[ Original Post ]

View PostFlyper, on 17 August 2011 - 11:54 PM, said:

After installing this mod looks like Robinton decided to give me a visit on SSP O.o
Can someone explain why/what/who is that? It scared the crap out of me.

[ My Response ]

I've favorited it on my Youtube channel. The only thing on it atm. ;)

sintri
    sintri

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

Any news on 1.4.4 smp?

spad12
    spad12

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

View PostVerlian, on 18 August 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

@above
Just as i said already...

Anyway!
Just wanted to inform you that despite actually putting some research behind every lil' setting for the BioTerrainMod settings, i still have not been able to create Oceans. Either i am missing something majorly or some settings are missing or... Well then Herobrine drank the entire ocean up!

Anyone got an idea?
Or is something missing entirely in the BioTerrain settings?

@kinnikinnick
Could you look into the ocean issue for the "next" update? It'd would be very appreciated!
I'd even give you my entire month's supply of cookies.

After doing some extensive testing myself I'm pretty confident that there are some default biometerrainsettings that overwrite most of the settings in the BiomeTerrainModSettings.ini As far as I can tell the only settings it doesn't change are the Min/Max average height, and the volatility.

I know that kinnikinnick hardcoded in some kind of default configuration. Whenever you generate a new map without a settings file it uses that configuration and generates a blank settings file in your .minecraft folder, and a 'default' settings file in the save folder for that world.

David Gilmour

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:09 AM

Has anyone tested what happens when you reach the farlands with CC on? I'd imagine there'd be some pretty crazy shit if you had an insane computer to load it.
Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Ciduxek
    Ciduxek

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: Kiduxek

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

View Postmarcopolo1613, on 17 August 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

oh! trust me, you will NEVER have to worry about build space EVER again, the new CC version is 65,000 blocks from top to bottom!
Aw crap, now I have to re-code WorldEdit again lol.

edit: After I finish re-coding for +/- 2048
edit #2: Does the height of 65504 mean +/- 32752?

bobs bees
  • Minecraft: hahaNObruteforce4you

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

View PostDavid Gilmour, on 18 August 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Has anyone tested what happens when you reach the farlands with CC on? I'd imagine there'd be some pretty crazy shit if you had an insane computer to load it.
I just tested just that before I could get an screenshot java crashed from lack of memory so it ate 8GB of ram I assigned it =/

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4131 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

View PostCiduxek, on 18 August 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

Aw crap, now I have to re-code WorldEdit again lol.

edit: After I finish re-coding for +/- 2048
edit #2: Does the height of 65504 mean +/- 32752?
LOL. :)

Yep, the second one.

+/- 32752

View Postbobs bees, on 18 August 2011 - 06:49 AM, said:

Farlands:

I just tested just that before I could get an screenshot java crashed from lack of memory so it ate 8GB of ram I assigned it =/

Yikes! The Langoliers at the Farlands ate up all your memory. ;)

AdmiralStormhart

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

Dude! You invaded my Minecraft game dressed in... sand?
Classy. Was not expecting it. lol