Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.0.0]Robinton's Mods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3940 replies to this topic

Robinton
  • Minecraft: Robinton

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

Sorry! for my lack of responsiveness on my thread over the past few days. It's been busy up until today, and today I've been working hard on updating the SaveConverter to support Anvil (and I added nice little tooltips for every menu choice; should be nice). I'll try to respond to everyone tommorow.

View PostThunderbeard 1, on 19 February 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

Hi, I saw that someone has done an ID resolver/4096 Blocks merger for 1.0.0, but I was wondering if there has been an update for said merger?  I can't seem to get Minecraft to recognise the 4096 Blocks installation and something tells me it's because of ID resolver; much as I'd like to not use ID resolver, I have to have it to detangle the ID conflicts amongst my three dimension mods and the Extra Biomes mod.  Does anyone have a solution or shall I just cut down on how many mods I'm using?
See if they both just work together. If they don't, what classes do they co-modify? If it's just yq.class (ItemStack.java), you might try overwriting the 4096IDs class. It ought to work, though it might not... Back up whatever save you first try loading (or create a throwaway test), and good luck!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ClassyTurtle
  • Minecraft: lilmessi

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:56 AM

View PostRobinton, on 20 February 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Sorry! for my lack of responsiveness on my thread over the past few days. It's been busy up until today, and today I've been working hard on updating the SaveConverter to support Anvil (and I added nice little tooltips for every menu choice; should be nice). I'll try to respond to everyone tommorow.

See if they both just work together. If they don't, what classes do they co-modify? If it's just yq.class (ItemStack.java), you might try overwriting the 4096IDs class. It ought to work, though it might not... Back up whatever save you first try loading (or create a throwaway test), and good luck!

ID Resolver overwrites the ww.class of Forge without using the new hook.

Vendorbelly
  • Minecraft: Vendorbelly

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

View PostRobinton, on 20 February 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Hi Robinton, thanks for the fast response!  I had a go with a few different combinations of ID resolver, 4096 and their respective requirements and I'm still being told I only have 133 block IDs.

View Postlilmessi07, on 20 February 2012 - 04:56 AM, said:

ID Resolver overwrites the ww.class of Forge without using the new hook.

I think you might be right.  Is this something to alert the ID Resolver maintainer about?

Posted Image

ClassyTurtle
  • Minecraft: lilmessi

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

View PostThunderbeard 1, on 20 February 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

I think you might be right.  Is this something to alert the ID Resolver maintainer about?

It seems someone has already posted on the thread about the problem and solution so it should just be a matter of time before it is fixed. I will be keeping an eye on the development.

creator4
  • Minecraft: creator4

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

So, anvil is Jeb's new idea for a chunk-level format in MC? It uses y/z/x arrangment and has 4096 block height right? So will it now be easier for CC to work? And also, WHERE ARE THE COMPRESSED CHUNKS.

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

View Postcreator4, on 20 February 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

So, anvil is Jeb's new idea for a chunk-level format in MC? It uses y/z/x arrangment and has 4096 block height right? So will it now be easier for CC to work? And also, WHERE ARE THE COMPRESSED CHUNKS.

Sadly, since you mention 4096, no. It's only 256 high, which is still a great improvement. But it allows for 4096 BlockIDs, items and such.

Compressed Chunks! Exactly. Even Jebs Anvil needs something like that. I went up to 256 in 12w07b and couldn't see the terrain below in Normal view mode. A compressed far view has been needed in Minecraft since forever, and now doubly so. ;)

Darwithe
    Darwithe

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Query: Are the Robinton4096 ids being stored/extended the same way jeb is doing things? And if not will you be making a Robinton4096 - Vanilla4096 converter?

jve22
    jve22

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Minecraft: jve22

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

well 4096 don,t work
pre fix class  

eb 21, 2012 10:30:24 AM ModLoader init
FINE: ModLoader 1.1 Initializing...
feb 21, 2012 10:30:24 AM ModLoader init
FINE: null
feb 21, 2012 10:30:24 AM ModLoader readFromClassPath
FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\CoolerMaster\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar
feb 21, 2012 10:30:24 AM ModLoader readFromClassPath
FINER: Zip found.
feb 21, 2012 10:30:24 AM ModLoader addMod
FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_ModLoaderMp 1.1" from mod_ModLoaderMp.class
FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_MinecraftForge 1.3.3.12" from mod_MinecraftForge.class
FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_TooManyItems 1.1 2012-01-12a" from mod_TooManyItems.class
FINE: Failed to load mod from "mod_4096IDs.class"
FINER: THROW
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: isDebug
at mod_4096IDs.<init>(mod_4096IDs.java:249)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:234)
at ModLoader.readFromClassPath(ModLoader.java:1202)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:716)
at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:150)
at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)
at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:238)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:542)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
================================================================

4096 id block,s :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: vq.isBlockSolidOnSide(IIII)Z
at ow.a(BlockTorch.java:104)
at aal.a(Chunk.java:385)
at vq.b(World.java:481)
at gs.a(SourceFile:322)
at gs.a(SourceFile:421)
at nd.a(SourceFile:348)
at oi.a(SourceFile:29)
at aeq.a(SourceFile:46)
at aji.a(SourceFile:430)
at jx.a(jx.java:125)
at aal.a(Chunk.java:908)
at jx.c(jx.java:68)
at jx.b(jx.java:76)
at vq.c(World.java:461)
at vq.a(World.java:397)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.e(Minecraft.java:1764)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:1675)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:1633)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:1536)
at vt.a(SourceFile:161)
at ug.a(SourceFile:72)
at vt.a(SourceFile:225)
at ug.f(SourceFile:120)
at ug.i(SourceFile:108)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1250)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:616)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:556)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

what must i do now ???
Posted Image

marcopolo1613

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostMineCrak, on 20 February 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Sadly, since you mention 4096, no. It's only 256 high, which is still a great improvement. But it allows for 4096 BlockIDs, items and such.

Compressed Chunks! Exactly. Even Jebs Anvil needs something like that. I went up to 256 in 12w07b and couldn't see the terrain below in Normal view mode. A compressed far view has been needed in Minecraft since forever, and now doubly so. ;)
what if each chunk made a 16x16 texture on the x,z plane, where the blocks defined the colors of the pixels, when you get far enough away, it changes the the texture. that would work well for above. the side is a different story. you would maybe just make some dark blue tiles in someway to show the skyline.

Posted Image

byudigger

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

Cubic Chunks looks awesome, can't wait for 1.1 update :)

Fixing the far render distance seems fun. Sounds like a fun challenge. I like challenges.

-Mog-
    -Mog-

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

Hi Robinton,

Since we don't know when Minecraft 1.2 will go out, would it be possible to have a merge patch for the 4096 block id patch and minecraft forge? Because it is currently incompatible (even with the removal of l.class and vq.class (which cause an horrible icon bug) the conflict with aal.class make the game crash when breaking a block). It's just that I don't see the point of having more block ID without forge to support all these new mods. Thanks anyways :)

Robinton
  • Minecraft: Robinton

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Well, if this isn't the "Next Day", at least it's no more than 48 hours later...

@ marcopolo1613: Thanks! You're right, it doesn't need that size. Still, having it would be very cool!

@EternalDensity: ;)

@pwnzor17: Isn't there an alternate MediaFire link?

@Nocte: So, Sections, I now christen you Jenga Chunks!

How did you get your hands on the network packet? Has Forge updated for the Anvil test version? *Checks MCP* Apparently not. Are you just decompiling the bytecode?

@MineCrak: Thanks! I'm pretty sure I could read all of your post, but the posts that quoted yours were messed up, so thanks for quoting them!

@Bumber: Agreed.

@Grypher: First of all, please don't get mad because I disagree with you. I don't get nearly enough debates, and I'm delighted to get a chance at one!

"Evolution and Natural Selection only affect that which is hereditary, they have nothing to do with belief as they taught, not inherited which pretty much kills C.S Lewis’s argument." So, you're saying that intellect and logic (and the capacity for those) are non-hereditary? Then why haven't dolphins (or something of the sort) developed radios? Or Minecraft? And if they are hereditary, then C.S. Lewis's argument still holds water.

This is getting a bit long, for the sake of those who want to skip the debate, I'll place the rest in a spoiler:
Spoiler:

"And for something a little more on topic, good job on getting 4096IDs in Minecraft, I cant tell you how long I've waited for something like this. Also how well does Cubic Chunks play with other mods which also alter world generation, like RedPower, IC2 or the ExtraBiomes mod?" Thanks! And Cubic Chunks plays fairly well with them, as long as they use the ModLoader Chunk Population hook. They will generate ores correctly in Vanilla range, and probably not at all in the rest of the world. If they modify ChunkProvider, CC is probably not compatible...

@4C51: Thanks, but my internet filter doesn't like imgur, and I'd prefer to be able to see my own pictures... I might end up using it anyway, but it would be a hassle... And space exploration is exactly the idea! :D

@Kainzo: Thanks!

@lilmikey: I think I've fixed that since.

@MineCrak: Nice! Let me know if it grows any. ;) Or if anyone wins it!

@bearbin: Thanks; I know! See @4C51, four responses up.

@cybrshdw: http://www.mediafire...9k9b7jjwckr4ra3

@HighPitchedRed: I think I've fixed that since.

@TheAddMe: Of Cubic Chunks?

@Darkhog: I'll probably wait and update Cubic Chunks straight to 1.2.

Time to go to Vocal! More responses hopefully tomorrow morning!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Gooberpatrol66
  • Minecraft: Gooberpatrol66

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

Hey Robinton! I have a few questions for you:

1. Is CC currently compatible with Terrain Control, or are there plans for supporting it? Or are you cooking up your own terrain generator? I apologize, but after watching the videos on youtube of 4000 block high mountains that were present in previous versions of CC, I have resorted to carrying a bucket around with me to contain the sheer amounts of drool escaping from my mouth.

2. Now that jeb has implemented 256 block worlds, he must have added 256 high vertical view distance, right? Does that mean CC will be getting *proper* cubic far view distance some time in the future?

P.S. I loved your debate argument. I only found one problem with it. Antibiotics generally affect bacteria, not viruses.

Leaf_It
    Leaf_It

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Robinton: When are you going to add "Phoenix Terrain Mod" Setting back into CC, and when/if you do, would you mind adding .bob support as well? I have a list of ideas I've always wanted Minecraft to have implemented as default, and CC was one of them. PTM was another, though admittedly lower on the list. I await the return of CC, for the release of 1.2 seems to be coming soon.

And, about your debate... Evolution doesn't prove Christianity wrong. It just provides a tool god could be using to create new life. So it doesn't really matter if it's true or not, it has little to do with the existence of a higher being or beings - Just a though. (Just because I said this does not necessarily mean I believe it. I'm just throwing a twist into it all.)
Posted Image    Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image    Posted Image

AbyssWulf
  • Minecraft: WolfOf7

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Maybe its just me, but I don't need to analyze the possibilities of my origin to enjoy the things that I like in my life. Like Mineraft. I like Minecraft. And I like the modding community that comes from Minecraft. Like Robinton. I like all the work that Robinton puts into the mods. I'm sorry about that. I got sidetracked with the ACTUAL topic.
(I didn't say this to offend in anyway. I was just wanting to divert the topic back on topic.)

--->Posted Image <---

EternalDensity
  • Minecraft: eternaldensity

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Robinton said:

You could very well be right that Evolution is well proven; it doesn't really matter one way or the other to Christianity
Not so.
Spoiler:
tl;dr Evolution being true makes Christianity nonsense. (Or it would if it was true but it doesn't make sense itself anyway.)
Thread Ninja. Call me ED.

Tali'Zorah, on 01 April 2186 - 05:30 AM, said:

Sssssshepard, the Creepersssss are ~ASssssssssUMING DIRECT CONTROL

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Addition to the religious debate:
Spoiler:
But enough of that. Just had to throw that grenade into the ring. ;)

------------------------------------

Per a Statement made by TkTech, codewarrior is adding Anvil Support to the Open-Source MCEdit! I guess he gets the Bounty. :)

Hopefully codewarrior will continue to keep contributing to his creation like this from time to time. Great to still see you around codewarrior. :)

* btw: The continuation of MCEdit Open Source is at a different address  on Github then the initial Source Code release was at. The initial  release, which is still unchanged, was in codewarriors folder on Github.  The fully Open and continuing version is now in it's own account/folder  on Github. This new address is where you will see the current updates  by codewarrior and others on the project.

New Github for MCEdit - https://github.com/mcedit/mcedit

Initial Source Code Release for MCEdit - https://github.com/codewarrior0/mcedit

Original pymclevel project on Github - https://github.com/c...rior0/pymclevel

undefinedninja
  • Minecraft: undefinedninja

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

I loved the mod - Shaped Charge,made a mod spotlight.

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4132 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Postundefinedninja, on 22 February 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

I loved the mod - Shaped Charge,made a mod spotlight.
Spoiler:
Thanks!

Could you do Robinton and your viewers a favor though and actually list him as the author of that mod in your youtube video description beneath the video? And also please always link to the actual thread that a mod comes from, not just the mods direct DL link. In this case the link below goes straight to the Shaped Charges part of the OP.

Shaped Charges Mod

In fact, it really is best to link only to the thread unless you are  going to update the DL links below your video for every single version  that comes out. Otherwise people will always be stuck with the same  version of the mod and having no idea where it comes from in order to get  a new version. ;) Unless you also add the link to the thread where they can get newer versions.

Thanks for the video!! :)

TheAddMe
    TheAddMe

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Minecraft: Mikhail_Faustin

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostTheAddMe, on 17 February 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Can you upload (the Cubic Chunks 1.7.3 version) somewhere else please, where I can download it?
Y U no reply?
Posted Image