Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.0.0]Robinton's Mods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3941 replies to this topic

Arturo_Leno
  • Minecraft: arturo1990

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

Compatibilty /Incompatibility List for Robinton's 4096 Mod.
Ok, first off.. This is going to be temporary, until I found a better way of presenting the list.

I'm kinda busy at the moment, so I'll probably don't test myself the next week. If someone sends me his reports I'll try to update the list as soon as possible.

Posted Image
0. Table of Contents
1. General Info
2. Compatible Mods
3. Merge List
4. Incompatible Mods
5. Pending list
6. Changelog
7. Submit Information
8. Planned Tests
9. Thanks to..

Posted Image

As most of you probably already noticed, there are several statements regarding the compatibility of the mod xy and the 4096 Mod around this Topic. I'm going to make a list with all the already mentioned mods, and some new ones, I'm going to test later on.

Please note, that everybody can make some mistakes and so, a mod, put into the incompatible list here, might work for you, also keep on looking on the used Version of the Mods.

The mods I'm going to test, or those I've already tested will be tested under the same circumstances, what means the following:

1. I'm using MCPatcher, also to install the Mods which have to be put into the Minecraft.jar.
2. Installed Modloader
3. Installed ModloaderMP
4. Installed Minecraft Forge 1.2.0 (1.2.1 works too)
5. Installed Audiomod
6. Installed GuiApi
7. Installed IDResolver forge version(with Robintons merge)
8. Installed TMI (just to add me the blocks and test their behavior after placing)
9. And of course, 4096.

The above mentioned Mods, are compatible with 4096 ID's, except for IDResolver which needs the merge to installed.
If there are any questions about the testing( I don't think so) ask them in the comments of this thread.

Note: The "banners" were done in 10 seconds each, if I find some time, I'm going to do some better ones. Since they aren't neccessary it'll probably take a while ;)

Posted Image
Note: actually I wanted to present the list in a table, but it looks like the BB Code for a table isn't activated here, or maybe works different than I know. There's going to be a Spoiler under each mentioned Mod, regarding further notes and/ or the used version. In addition to that I'm going to put them in an alphabetical order.

Spoiler:

Posted Image
Please Note, that I'll also add non-tested merges here.

Spoiler:
Posted Image
In the Spoiler there's whether the Error mentioned, or the conflicting classes.
Spoiler:

I hope I didn't left something out...

PENDING
I'll add here the mods, I'm not sure of where to put them.

Golem Factory - Only tested it with my build, only errors showing off were missing empty sprite indices.

Posted Image
If something changes, or I'll add several new Mods to the list, I'm going to mention the Date and the Mods here. Latest Additions, will be Italic Green in the list (In addition to Bold).

19.12.2011 - Added 2 new Mods to the compatible list (Thx CrimsonCL)
- Added 1 new Mod to the incompatible list (Thx Obama_Bin_Llama)

16.12.2011 - Added 7 new Mods to the list (Thx astromutt)
                  - Added some new Mods myself.
                  - Added PENDING List
                  - Moved InfiTools from merge to compatible

15.12.2011 - Started List
                  - Moved Contron's NPC's from incompatible to compatible. (Thx pwnedgod)
                  - Added some mods to the list
Posted Image

Feel free to submit your results of testing mods too.
I don't care, if you're going to post them here or sending me a PM, of course you don't have to tell me at all, but I think it might be better, to have all tested Mods in one place.
In case you are going to submit a report PLEASE READ THIS:

Compatible Mods:
To make it more easy for me to add the Mod to the list properly, please add the following Information:
Name: (Duh)
Version:
(optional)Notes: In case something special occured(see TMI), or another Version you tested did not work etc.

Incompatible Mods:

Name:
Version: If theres an older Version which works
What's the Problem: MEANS: the ERROR Log/ conflicting classes

Merges:
In case you can submit a merge feel free to do it. Please Note: I'm not going to use the adfly/adcraft Link if you submit one.
Name:
Link:

Also feel free, to mention Mods you want to be tested, in case you don't want to ruin your current Build. EDIT: It's not neccessary, but providing some links to the mods would be nice ;)

Planned Tests:

Well I just looked for some Mods, that sound interesting or are pretty popular to me and bookmarked the respective Topics. I'll probably won't test them all in a row and maybe I'll extend this list regularly. NOTE: Requested Tests are going to be done first, so if you request one which is already on the list, mention it too.

Spoiler:

I also added WIP's to the list, I guess if they need a fix it might be easier while they're WIP.
NOTE: I'll probably test the latest Version of the Mods, so the Version number behind some mentioned mods, might not be the one, I'm going to test.

Please tell me, if I made any mistake, forgot the mod xy, which was already mentioned or whatever ;)

Thanks TO:

Astromutt, AznaktaX, CrimsonCL, DarkenMoon97, madindehead, Murayama, pwnedgod, SvEgiiVEteR
for submitting their reports.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

AznaktaX
    AznaktaX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Apparently, throw away the previous method I used to install the mods!

Today I did a few tests and quite some major bugs/glitches occurred!

First of all, breaking any block while holding something on my hand gives me a "Saving Chunks" screen!

Despite that, I tried to install a few more mods(because I wanted to try something with a single mod - Edit: The mods were Crafting Table II, Tale of Kingdoms, Twilight Forest and Equivalent Exchange) with only one of them modifying the k.class!

And I also used one of my 1.8.1 saves!

And there, three more bugs occurred!

1: Swiftwolf's Rending Gale's flying wouldn't work!

2: I log off and when I log in again, all the items in my inventory had disappeared!

3: I log off AGAIN and when I log in AGAIN, I find myself being inside a cave!("What the cr@p???" I said to myself)

So, yeah, that was one hell of a cr@pstorm of bugs!

Back to square one!

pwnedgod
    pwnedgod

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1843 posts
  • Minecraft: pwnedgod

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostArturo_Leno, on 15 December 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

Contron's NPC's
Spoiler:

That is a MCPatcher bug. Close MCPatcher and rerun MCPatcher and repatch.
Too addicted with Counter-Strike: Source for some reason...
Posted Image

MoneyOne218
  • Minecraft: Moneyone2

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

Hows the CC update going Robinton? also did u read my last post on here?

Arturo_Leno

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

View Postpwnedgod, on 15 December 2011 - 03:24 PM, said:

That is a MCPatcher bug. Close MCPatcher and rerun MCPatcher and repatch.

Thanks, also mentioned in my first post that it might be because of MCPatcher.

Though the Error showed off several times.

EDIT: ok, worked for me now. Thanks for mentioning it, since I can't retest every "incompatible" mod 3 times.
Posted Image

DarkClown384

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

Robinton will you make a mod that does the same thing you did with id´s but with sprites?

Robinton
  • Minecraft: Robinton

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

I'm not going to be responding much right now, while I get CC updated to 1.0.0.

I'm working alphabetically, and have nearly got ChunkProvider working...

I made a nice little improvement to Chunk, which should reduce memory usage by ~1 MB (depending on how many chunks are loaded; 1 MB assumes ~110 chunks loaded), while either marginally improving or having no effect upon computation speed. It also removes one barrier from having million-block-tall worlds; now all that I'd have to do is make heightMap and precipitationHeightMap int arrays, and switch around a few variables. Million-block-tall-world chunks no longer have to store a ChunkCube pointer array 62500 long (250000 bytes). Now they, like all other Chunks, can use a mere ~220 bytes! :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Arturo_Leno

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

View PostRobinton, on 15 December 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

I made a nice little improvement to Chunk, which should reduce memory usage by ~1 MB (depending on how many chunks are loaded; 1 MB assumes ~110 chunks loaded), while either marginally improving or having no effect upon computation speed. It also removes one barrier from having million-block-tall worlds; now all that I'd have to do is make heightMap and precipitationHeightMap int arrays, and switch around a few variables. Million-block-tall-world chunks no longer have to store a ChunkCube pointer array 62500 long (250000 bytes). Now they, like all other Chunks, can use a mere ~220 bytes! :D

As you mentioned you're kinda busy atm, but maybe you could link the list on your first post instead of the quote you've got there atm.
Posted Image

Reinhart

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but there seems to have been updates (or updated information) since the last couple pages back, so I think if I go by any information I find it wouldn't be accurate.

I have a bunch of API mods downloaded that are needed for various mods I want to play, and it seem it's almost all of them: Forge 1.2.2, ScotsTools, Item Sprite API, Modloader, unofficial ModloaderMP, GuiAPI, and I also want to use 4096. I know there are patches out for Forge, Scots and ItemSprite to all work together, but 4096 seem to share a lot of common files with Forge.

So are they incompatible or not (I read above and says yes)? And how would I go about installing Forge with 4096 then? (My concern's on the common files)

MinecraftTNTstuff
  • Minecraft: aquasquid36

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

View PostElmach, on 15 December 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

He is making it right now. Him making estimates would only slow him down.
ok thanks, can't wait :)
Posted Image

Daniel_l94
  • Minecraft: Daniel_l94

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

View PostReinhart, on 16 December 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but there seems to have been updates (or updated information) since the last couple pages back, so I think if I go by any information I find it wouldn't be accurate.

I have a bunch of API mods downloaded that are needed for various mods I want to play, and it seem it's almost all of them: Forge 1.2.2, ScotsTools, Item Sprite API, Modloader, unofficial ModloaderMP, GuiAPI, and I also want to use 4096. I know there are patches out for Forge, Scots and ItemSprite to all work together, but 4096 seem to share a lot of common files with Forge.

So are they incompatible or not (I read above and says yes)? And how would I go about installing Forge with 4096 then? (My concern's on the common files)
4096 BlockIDs was made to work with forge, it's a requirement along with modloader, and maybe ModloaderMP. Just install this mod after forge 1.2.0 and then the other patches after that. Out of all those API's you mentioned, Item Sprites is the only one I don't think is compatible.

Reinhart

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

View PostDaniel_l94, on 16 December 2011 - 02:31 AM, said:

4096 BlockIDs was made to work with forge, it's a requirement along with modloader, and maybe ModloaderMP. Just install this mod after forge 1.2.0 and then the other patches after that. Out of all those API's you mentioned, Item Sprites is the only one I don't think is compatible.

Oh thanks! I must have missed the part where 4096 is compatible with Forge, so much to read for all the mods I have! Plus I'd not seen one of these utility mods depend on another, so I sort of assumed XD (how's that saying go)

The solution for the problem I have is sort of ironic. I needed Forge and 4096 because I have Premium Wood and it takes up a bunch of terrain indices (and don't use Forge), so I can't install the smaller mods I needed that only used up one or two terrain indices. But Forge and Scokeev9's mods don't match, so in order to use them I'd have to not install Premium Wood (scokee9's mod); and yet, if I don't install it, I wouldn't need Forge and 4096 in the first place :lol:

But thank you, you've helped me figure out how to make it work. Just to report, I decided to try it anyways (even though you stressed 1.2.0), and 1.2.2 works as well.

Edit for a little more information: Forge v1.2.2 does work. Just need to get a fresh jar, install Modloader, Audiomod (if you need), and then follow Daniel_l94's order - Forge, 4096. The patches for ItemSpriteAPI or ScotsTools are just unnecessary, if you're installing 'em for Nethercraft or Premium Wood, since they're not compatible with Forge anyhow.

MineCrak
    MineCrak

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4130 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Sounds like a breakthrough to me. Hello MineCraft Solar-System! :)

Daniel_l94
  • Minecraft: Daniel_l94

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

View PostReinhart, on 16 December 2011 - 03:20 AM, said:

Oh thanks! I must have missed the part where 4096 is compatible with Forge, so much to read for all the mods I have! Plus I'd not seen one of these utility mods depend on another, so I sort of assumed XD (how's that saying go)

The solution for the problem I have is sort of ironic. I needed Forge and 4096 because I have Premium Wood and it takes up a bunch of terrain indices (and don't use Forge), so I can't install the smaller mods I needed that only used up one or two terrain indices. But Forge and Scokeev9's mods don't match, so in order to use them I'd have to not install Premium Wood (scokee9's mod); and yet, if I don't install it, I wouldn't need Forge and 4096 in the first place :lol:

But thank you, you've helped me figure out how to make it work. Just to report, I decided to try it anyways (even though you stressed 1.2.0), and 1.2.2 works as well.

Edit for a little more information: Forge v1.2.2 does work. Just need to get a fresh jar, install Modloader, Audiomod (if you need), and then follow Daniel_l94's order - Forge, 4096. The patches for ItemSpriteAPI or ScotsTools are just unnecessary, if you're installing 'em for Nethercraft or Premium Wood, since they're not compatible with Forge anyhow.
It was made to work with Forge 1.2.0, and although it "works" with 1.2.2 you will only be able to play in creative. As soon as you break a block in survival minecraft crashes.

Arturo_Leno

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

View PostDaniel_l94, on 16 December 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

It was made to work with Forge 1.2.0, and although it "works" with 1.2.2 you will only be able to play in creative. As soon as you break a block in survival minecraft crashes.

Also mentioned this on my list ;)

@ Robinton:
TeeLuk95 answered my question regarding Deko-Mod. He told me, that he has no idea how to fix it, meaning that he thinks that he couldn't even fix it by modifying his mod.
Maybe you could have a look, after you finished CC (just maybe ^^)
Posted Image

AznaktaX
    AznaktaX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

mDiyo updated his mod, so that it doesn't modify any base class anymore!

It should be compatible now without any merge!

Unfortunately, I'm too tired right now to do any tests!

Arturo_Leno

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

View PostAznaktaX, on 16 December 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

mDiyo updated his mod, so that it doesn't modify any base class anymore!

It should be compatible now without any merge!

Unfortunately, I'm too tired right now to do any tests!

I tested it, worked for me.
Posted Image

dewi6161
    dewi6161

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

I have a problem:
The mods I have are(Intalled in this order):
-Modloader
-Minecraft Forge API 1.2.2
-Pam's Harvestcraft
-GUI API
-4096 Block ID's
-ID Resolver Extended ID's

My problem is, when ever i punch tall grass my game crashes and closes automatiquely.
Can you please try to help me.
(Sorry for my grammar)

Crazy_Eddie

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

View Postdewi6161, on 17 December 2011 - 01:39 AM, said:

I have a problem:
The mods I have are(Intalled in this order):
-Modloader
-Minecraft Forge API 1.2.2
-Pam's Harvestcraft
-GUI API
-4096 Block ID's
-ID Resolver Extended ID's

My problem is, when ever i punch tall grass my game crashes and closes automatiquely.
Can you please try to help me.
(Sorry for my grammar)
4096 doesn't get along with forge after 1.2.0. I know this from reading the last two pages. I also saw a fix for it mentioned. Go look.
"You are the Player."
"Wake up."

Dreagar
    Dreagar

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Did I read this right? I think it means the Y axis is no longer bound to a massive 65Km, instead as far as the other axis?
12,000km high worlds...