• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Fraps not detecting microphone

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

So, I just got a new mic, and I wanted to do some minecraft testing, see if I could record my voice using the mic, and when I checked the settings, I saw fraps didn't detect my microphone, although windows did. Now my question is: do I need to change anything to let fraps detect my mic? Because the soundrecorder does actually record, and in my configurations windows says it detects the mic, but fraps says otherwise.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I couldn't really find a suiting one.

420 yolo all day 'erryday. - Karl Marx

Register or log in to remove.

Ttzara
    Ttzara

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2015 posts
  • Minecraft: Tzarah

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Tmp go to your audio control panel and search for the stereo mixer and activate it, that should work

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

Nobody knows what to do? Or what forum can I post this in?

ph1234k
    ph1234k

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 82 posts

Did you try the little red button that says "help"?

creepervsme

Ttzara said:

Tmp go to your audio control panel and search for the stereo mixer and activate it, that should work

Where can I locate this?

Ttzara
    Ttzara

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2015 posts

Gimme a second and i edit this post showing how.

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

ph1234k said:

Did you try the little red button that says "help"?

Sorry, can't do it now, my brother conquered my good computer.

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

Ttzara said:

Gimme a second and i edit this post showing how.

Yes, but where can I locate it?

Ttzara
    Ttzara

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2015 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

Ok, go to the volume control panel, go to options - properties and a small window should open
then chose Audio input and look for stereo mixer

Ttzara
    Ttzara

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2015 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

so... ? did you found it ?

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Ttzara said:

Ok, go to the volume control panel, go to options - properties and a small window should open
then chose Audio input and look for stereo mixer

Damn with my fucking dutch comp I cant find nothing :SSSS:

Ntmoore19

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

You can't find nothing? Well, I guess that's good.

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Ttzara said:

so... ? did you found it ?

Well, I had some progress, fraps now says I need to install the latest sound driver, what does that mean? I mean, what driver? There are lots of sound drivers I think...

And I didn't find it yet.

Ttzara
    Ttzara

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2015 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

I think soundcard drivers.... i m not sure. Let me explain myself, last time i formated my comp i installed the GFX card and mother drivers and when i wanted to record with fraps i activated the mixer and.. that was it...

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

Ttzara said:

I think soundcard drivers.... i m not sure. Let me explain myself, last time i formated my comp i installed the GFX card and mother drivers and when i wanted to record with fraps i activated the mixer and.. that was it...

When I try getting to the mixer, I do get to the screen where you can go to microhpone properties, but I dont know what to do from there. I examine all options and tabs I can choose from, but I can't find a link to the mixer :RFlower: I'm downloading a windows 7 audio driver atm, see if it works.

Nekoyasha

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

You're not computer savvy enough to make minecraft videos, not enough smart enough to google your problems.

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

Nekoyasha said:

You're not computer savvy enough to make minecraft videos, not enough smart enough to google your problems.

Really, I'm pretty good with computers, I just never had a microphone before, and don't know about sound drivers. And yes, I googled it, with no results for my problem.

creepervsme

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

creepervsme said:

Ttzara said:

When I try getting to the mixer, I do get to the screen where you can go to microhpone properties, but I dont know what to do from there. I examine all options and tabs I can choose from, but I can't find a link to the mixer :P I'm downloading a windows 7 audio driver atm, see if it works.

Dammit still no progress, drivers aren't working either... I'm starting to get lost here :iapprove:

Ttzara
    Ttzara

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2015 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

Did you go to volume control and saw the properties windows ? The first thing you see its where you chose to change the options for your speakers (output) or microphone (input) chose INPUT. Then it should be chosen the option Adjust volume of recording (there should be a black dot inside the circle as you chose it, the other ones should be GRAY.

Then last thing youll see a list of a lot of volume controls: cd volume, microphone volume etc... the last option on that list with lil squares on the left side should me the mixer, click on the square and should be activated.

try this and tell me what happens

chezzymann

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

View PostTtzara, on 03 May 2011 - 08:35 PM, said:

Did you go to volume control and saw the properties windows ? The first thing you see its where you chose to change the options for your speakers (output) or microphone (input) chose INPUT. Then it should be chosen the option Adjust volume of recording (there should be a black dot inside the circle as you chose it, the other ones should be GRAY.

Then last thing youll see a list of a lot of volume controls: cd volume, microphone volume etc... the last option on that list with lil squares on the left side should me the mixer, click on the square and should be activated.

try this and tell me what happens
Sorry for bumping this old thread but I have the same problem. Where can you find the volume control panel? I have windows 7 and I cannot find this anywhere on my computer.
Posted Image