• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

FluctisHosting.com | DDoS protection | 50% OFF | EU/US | Vanilla/Bukkit/Tekkit | FREE web hosting/Enjin/Buycraft | Official host of Adventure Lobbies!

fluctis hosting cheap

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

Mageshadow

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

Bought a $2.99 server and it's working great! Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

Darthkatzs

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the great reviews.

We're working on moving all our European activity to a new datacenter in the Netherlands.
The reason for this is that we can't guarantee top quality at our current datacenter due to overexpensive pricing.

All clients will be notified and given enough time to prepare for a couple of hours of downtime.
The move is scheduled for the end of june.
I am representative of Fluctis Hosting

Gono
    Gono

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for the helpful info (as always)
will prices still be the same?
How long will downtime be?

Posted Image

Darthkatzs

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

View PostGono, on 19 May 2011 - 07:38 PM, said:

Thanks for the helpful info (as always)
will prices still be the same?
How long will downtime be?

Prices will stay exactly the same.
I can't tell you that yet. I haven't fully planned it yet.

Darthkatzs

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

Our Sandstone plan (at $5.99) now includes a FREE 10 slot Ventrilo server!
Be sure to check it out.

Darthkatzs

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Our whole US infrastructure has been moved to Dallas. This way we can offer a more reliable service at cheaper prices.
We really did our best on the pricing and I think we've reached something that will make all our new and current customers very happy!

So here it is then!

Sand: 192 MB / $2.85
Sandstone: 256 MB / $5.85 - Includes a FREE 10 slot Ventrilo server!
Cobblestone: 512 MB / $9.85
Coal: 768 MB / $15.85
Iron: 1 GB / $19.85
Redstone: 1.5 GB / $29.85
Ice: 2 GB / $36.85
Obsidian: 3 GB / $59.85
Diamond: 4 GB / $73.85

As you can see we're now also offering 3 GB and 4 GB plans at reasonable prices!

Be sure to check it out at http://www.fluctisho...m/minecraft.php

Mads339
    Mads339

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

Have the EU-servers been lowered in price too?

Darthkatzs

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

View PostMads339, on 01 June 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Have the EU-servers been lowered in price too?

All of them.
you will notice this on your next invoice.

Mads339
    Mads339

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

View PostDarthkatzs, on 01 June 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

All of them.
you will notice this on your next invoice.
Aaah, lovely!

Kopenich
    Kopenich

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

Hey I have a question about upgrading a server, figured I might as well ask here.
I have a sand server, doesn't hold a lot of people cause my friends and I loaded it with plug-ins, and I want to upgrade, but I'm afraid that instead of buying an upgrade for my already purchased server, I will buy an additional server. How do I purchase the upgrade without buying another server?

Darthkatzs

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

View PostKopenich, on 03 June 2011 - 06:30 AM, said:

Hey I have a question about upgrading a server, figured I might as well ask here.
I have a sand server, doesn't hold a lot of people cause my friends and I loaded it with plug-ins, and I want to upgrade, but I'm afraid that instead of buying an upgrade for my already purchased server, I will buy an additional server. How do I purchase the upgrade without buying another server?

Just open a new support ticket and tell me to what pack you want to upgrade. I'll upgrade it for you and generate a new invoice.

lamnea
    lamnea

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1047 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hey i hope fluctis see this as well as the whole community here!

I'm so amazed! i mean 198 mb of ram! i was expecting lag, I bought this thinking hey its gunna lag but it's worth it!
But no it has not lagged a single bit! even with the introduction of a nether AND more than the recommended players online it hasnt lagged! I'm impressed!

The start was a little odd, i had a slight problem with the server generating the tc admin controls. but the support got to me in minutes and fixed my problem 15 mins later! (Thanks mr. general ;) <--- cool the winkey face is also the end bracket!

I recommend these guys! truley perfect server has been up 100% (unless i turned it off)

Hey if you dont belive me check out the server! its  out video server ip - vid.mine.bz !

(also check out functioncraft at fc.mine.bz) !

Darthkatzs

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

Thanks for the great review!
We're constantly working on improving our systems.
We're looking forward to the beta of TCadmin 2 which will include decent Minecraft control.
As soon as it is stable we will adapt it.

dbhjed
    dbhjed

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

Do you allow for console access?

Darthkatzs

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:55 AM

With our current control panel this is impossible. However, TCAdmin 2 will support this and will be going into beta soon.
As soon as there is a stable TCAdmin 2 version we will start looking into a move.

Parrothead

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

I just bought a server.  After a few days I'll edit this and post a review.

Do you allow for console access?

I know MILKAdmin at least supports a console, but I don't believe it saves it.

http://forums.bukkit...ugin-860.17249/
Posted Image

Darthkatzs

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:48 AM

View PostParrothead, on 20 June 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

I just bought a server.  After a few days I'll edit this and post a review.

I know MILKAdmin at least supports a console, but I don't believe it saves it.

http://forums.bukkit...ugin-860.17249/

WOW, thank you so much for posting that. I'll check it out and might make it standard on servers if it works good.
Never noticed this plugin before, weird...

Parrothead

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

I've been with various hosting companies for Minecraft, so this will largely be a comparison review.

I've had a server for about eight days now, and Fluctis hosting is a very good service.  I've liked it so much, I upgraded from 512 MB to 768 MB RAM within 2 days.  They are the most inexpensive services I've found from searching (any other service either matches, or costs more for the same player count and RAM).  That doesn't mean low performance by any means.  

I was fairly surprised when I had ~20 plugins running with little to no extra RAM usage at all, including some heavy ones (permissions, logblock, mob arena).  The image below shows the RAM usage with all those plugins, and 9 players online.
Posted Image

This system is a lot more customizable than others.  You can choose between many different styles of Minecraft, including vanilla, bukkit, and canary, and it's easy to switch at any time.

The control panel is TCAdmin, but it's a little more advanced than the other companies I've been with that have had it.  It includes a few more options, as shown below.  Some of them are really useful like "Game Server Activity", which shows a graph of RAM usage and player count (though I don't think player count works).  Game Mods is also pretty nice for people new to server control as it allows you to automatically install some of the most useful plugins that Bukkit offers (or if you prefer Canary).

Posted Image

Also included is a few nice .BAT files that allow you to control the server in various other ways (shown below).

Posted Image

I haven't had any major problems with the server.  I did have a few hour downtime where I couldnt access TCAdmin or the FTP, but it was all resolved.

Overall, this is a great provider.  They sell the cheapest and most cost effective servers I've ever dealt with.  I'd highly recommend this service.
Posted Image

Boelens
    Boelens

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3682 posts
  • Minecraft: Boelens

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Great servers, I got a 512RAM server here, works fine.
Posted Image

koentavish

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

hey i was wondering i would like a 192 mb server in oostkamp do i have full acces to change the map etc
because it will be for my youtube channel so i can play with a couple friends and record it (playing custom maps)
and does the server have a  maximum size for the map it runs ?
and is there a possibility that i could test one of these servers
thanks in advance !
Koentavish
Posted Image