• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft simply just will not start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bobtheflower

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

As the topic suggest, minecraft is having issues. I doubt-click the .exe and nothing happens. It thinks for a second with the loading cursor, but nothing happens.

IF, however, i right-click and check compatibility issues it will go through the whole thing and suggest i use something else (usually XP SP3) and when i 'test' the game through that, it will work. it'll run, it'll update, whatever, its fine. However, after saving that, i double-click again, same problem, just doesn't want to start.

I've done a lot to try and fix it too. I've deleted .minecraft, i've redownloaded from the side (both .exe versions). I've installed it in other directories and still the same problem persists, every time i double-click, nothing happens.

I run windows 7, x64, I have updated java, i even went and found the x64 java version no less, i've checked virus scanners, i've scanned for viruses. Its just such an odd error i'm not sure what else to try, becuase it doesn't actually give an error, it just doesn't start. The MC patcher used for textures has a good Test Minecraft option, and it works just find, loads just fine, no problems there BUT, you can't get online with the test either. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with MC itself, it just fails to initialize (which might be a java issue, but i've reinstalled java twice as well)

I'm basically looking for any suggestions or ideas anyone might have for anything else i can check or do to try and solve this issue. It worked fine two days ago, though i did text some texture packs (True Life HD) but i wouldn't think that would cause this sort of problem and i've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, with fresh downloads, i can't imagine it still exists anywhere.

Register or log in to remove.

joman59
    joman59

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

Use the browser version.
Skål ~Joman59
Posted Image [SSSS]

Victory555

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Alrighty, I came across a problem today with the in-browser version of Minecraft not starting. I would always use Internet Explorer and it has always worked perfectly up until I had the Explorer 9 version installed. I can get to the site and log in just fine, but now when I click the in-browser link the window crashes. Would it be a problem with the start up of the java platform? any help would be much appreciated!

acecobra

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

Victory555 said:

Alrighty, I came across a problem today with the in-browser version of Minecraft not starting. I would always use Internet Explorer and it has always worked perfectly up until I had the Explorer 9 version installed. I can get to the site and log in just fine, but now when I click the in-browser link the window crashes. Would it be a problem with the start up of the java platform? any help would be much appreciated!
I use firefox sense E9 is buggy ( thanks mircosoft )
firefox Download: http://www.mozilla.c...US/firefox/new/
My MC server 72.51.38.209:27265

Note: must be on my white-list to gain access so msg me if interested.

My Server thread http://www.minecraft...f=1023&t=321379
My site http://MyGamerBook.com

bobtheflower

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

joman59 said:

Use the browser version.

A) No thanks, BUT.

:SSSS: I copied the entire folder to another drive, and it seems to boot up, its fine, great! I can get o multiplayer serves, but the SECOND i hit the right mouse button, it crashes.

I was using the MC Patcher at the time (though i get the same crash whether i test with the patcher or not, and whether i use default textures or not. the error is very long but this is where the exception pops up

[j
Starting up SoundSystem...
Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
    (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
OpenAL initialized.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at ii.a(SourceFile:78)
at nf.a(SourceFile:89)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:1019)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.j(SourceFile:1196)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:694)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Stopping!