• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Games like terraria?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

darkgreen6

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:17 AM

I need a 2D game that is sorta like terraria in a way just to get my mind off of it until it releases.. (for people who don't know what terraria is: this is terraria) I appreciate the time you are taking to help me.  :D
thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

Zancie
    Zancie

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5308 posts
  • Location: Stalking. You. Just kidding, I'm stalking that person.
  • Minecraft: Zancie

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

Well, it isn't really 2d, but it's got the same thing, it's this obscure game called Minecraft, I know, if you search it up on google, the '3D' graphics are revolutionary, but, I think it's fun, you should try it!

Just kidding, but seriously, where would you find a 2d game like terraria? I doubt you will, it looks like a well done 2d version of MC, I ain't saying its a clone, far from it, but I am just wondering, is MC an inspiration?

Try a minecraft 2d game, there are tons here, just search for them.
Pig's run from me, for I am THE PIG TAMER!

darkgreen6

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

Zancie said:

Well, it isn't really 2d, but it's got the same thing, it's this obscure game called Minecraft, I know, if you search it up on google, the '3D' graphics are revolutionary, but, I think it's fun, you should try it!

Just kidding, but seriously, where would you find a 2d game like terraria? I doubt you will, it looks like a well done 2d version of MC, I ain't saying its a clone, far from it, but I am just wondering, is MC an inspiration?

I don't want a 2d minecraft, terraria is 100% different then minecraft, there is no way to compare them (don't say "omgeez same tools as minecraft" because tools are tools, your gonna see the same tools in every game (pickaxes, axes) I need a game like terraria, a 2d minecraft is no way close to a game like terraria, a 2d minecraft would be boring because you can't really build which is the main point in minecraft.

atari2600

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

well there are a couple of games that I would suggest that you check out and they are both on my forum topic. http://www.minecraft...p?f=13&t=314827 check it out.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Zancie
    Zancie

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5308 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

darkgreen6 said:

Zancie said:

I don't want a 2d minecraft, terraria is 100% different then minecraft, there is no way to compare them (don't say "omgeez same tools as minecraft" because tools are tools, your gonna see the same tools in every game (pickaxes, axes) I need a game like terraria, a 2d minecraft is no way close to a game like terraria, a 2d minecraft would be boring because you can't really build which is the main point in minecraft.

I didn't mean to offend, I hate when people call games clones, I just said it was similar, and they draw from the same roots as one another, nothing more, I doubt they're stealing anything from eachother.

and a 2d Minecraft was just a suggestion.

darkgreen6

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

Zancie said:

darkgreen6 said:

Zancie said:

I didn't mean to offend, I hate when people call games clones, I just said it was similar, and they draw from the same roots as one another, nothing more, I doubt they're stealing anything from eachother.

and a 2d Minecraft was just a suggestion.
Oh you didn't offend me I was just trying to make a point there.. srry

Zancie
    Zancie

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5308 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

I apologize, emotions, tones of voice and sarcasm doesn't go through to well over text.

iKP_42
    iKP_42

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

I'd suggest "Blobulous". It's quite similar to Terraria, but it may be Windows only.
http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=475222
Posted Image
Founder of the WaterHazard Clan.
Server: WaterHazard.dyndns.info

Redwinters

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Terraria is more like the Clonk series then Minecraft. Check those out.

http://www.clonk.de/cr.php?lng=en

SteveCS
    SteveCS

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

If you're still looking for a Terraria-like game, and have Android, take a look at Worldcrafter.

Jafacha
    Jafacha

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

Terraria is't wholly different, but it's about 92.7 different from Minecraft.
Posted Image

Sealystar
    Sealystar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4659 posts
  • Minecraft: SealyStar

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

Don't say the t-word. The mods here hate its guts.
Sum bronius sine pictura mannuli. Noli odire.

Bucket Of Turnips
  • Minecraft: BucketOfTurnips

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

Uhh king Arthurs gold is is kinda like terraria, but its CTF. not sure what its like now considering ive never played it.
Posted Image

Belgarion 5

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

View Postdarkgreen6, on 03 May 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

it is NOT 100% different then minecraft it was inspired by minecraft all the other games that are made of blocks and you mine them are minecraft clones terraria is the only one that isn't a straight up clone and yes terraria is a good game and has RPG eliments but its very similar.

Posted Image

TEH_CATFACE
  • Minecraft: MCNerdism

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

View Postdarkgreen6, on 03 May 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

Actually, Terraria is HEAVILY inspired off of Minecraft, the developers even said this themselves... I remember when Terraria was first announced, it was said to be extremely similar to Minecraft, but with more direction... I love terraria, and I love MC, but just because it's grown a bit away from MC, don't say it's 100% different... -_-
Posted Image

Ratlor
    Ratlor

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Minecraft: Ratlor

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

dwarf fortress and infiniminer were inspirations for minecraft.
Dwarf fortress has tools and blocks and stuff. so do a lot of other games.

uh... i'm too lazy to get a point across...

go play dwarf fortress. it has a steep learning curve. not for stupid people.
Posted Image

Lollipopz
  • Minecraft: 3TP3

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostBelgarion 5, on 28 December 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

it is NOT 100% different then minecraft it was inspired by minecraft all the other games that are made of blocks and you mine them are minecraft clones terraria is the only one that isn't a straight up clone and yes terraria is a good game and has RPG eliments but its very similar.

Terraria is actually more of an adventure game, not a mining/building game. The goal in Terraria is getting better gear and defeating all bosses, and also getting rare items like the vanity armor sets. It's only similair in the first phase of the game when you need to mine for your tools and armor. After that you will need to fight monsters for your gear instead of mining for your gear. Except for when you get into hard mode then you need to mine a bit again but for the better stuff you will need monster items and boss items.

Posted Image Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but heres my picture, so click me maybe?

Holylifestar

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

God people, this is like the third time someone has necro'ed this post. Stop necroing.  Terraria =/= minecraft in ANY way.

Requesting a mod lock, i'm tired of seeing this thread. >,<

bergice
    bergice

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I remember seeing a thread on TIGSource about a game called King Arthur's Gold. Visually it is one of the most impressive projects I have ever seen and I just downloaded the game after hearing about it recently. It is absolutely stunning, reminds me of Dwarf Fortress and has really nice graphics as well as gameplay. Go try it, it's free!

Letnetik
    Letnetik

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

View Postbergice, on 25 February 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

I remember seeing a thread on TIGSource about a game called King Arthur's Gold. Visually it is one of the most impressive projects I have ever seen and I just downloaded the game after hearing about it recently. It is absolutely stunning, reminds me of Dwarf Fortress and has really nice graphics as well as gameplay. Go try it, it's free!
I definitely agree, i tried KAG and it was splendid. It's different than minecraft and terrarira because it's a PVP game similar in the sense that the game is blocky and you can build things. There's 3 classes, knight, archer, builder. each as their own abilities. If you're not one for online PVP, then you can play singleplayer, builder sandbox or swordfight