• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Site/Userscript] Deadfly, the adf.ly/adcraft.co bypasser!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Minecraft: Gnu32

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

Deadf.ly 1.5
by Gnu32/Major Rasputin/Crome Tysnomi

{ Source Code }
{ Greasemonkey/Chrome Extension }

Posted Image
Posted Image

I've made a PHP script that bypasses an adf.ly link and takes you directly to where it goes. It also comes with two userscripts that automatically converts all adf.ly links to links that go through the gateway (though ideally I should make it so it gets the true URL from the gateway itself and THEN converts those links on the fly (hehe)).

Instructions

Using the Gateway
You can simply paste in the adf.ly/9.bb/u.bb/j.gs/q.gs/adcraft.co/mc.cm/ad.cx link in the big text box on any gateway (e.g. http://adfly.simplaza.net) and click "De-adfly!" to go where the adf.ly link is supposed to go. However, this is time-consuming and inefficient, so consider installing the userscript instead.

Installing the userscript for Firefox
  • Install the Greasemonkey extension. Restart when asked.
  • Click here. A box will appear asking you to install the script. When it's finished counting down (security feature), click the "Install" button.
  • Any page you visit will now automatically turn adf.ly links into gateway links. You can simply click them.

Installing the extension for Chrome
  • Click here. A bar will appear at the bottom of the window. Click "Continue". A box will appear with an extremely misleading and scary warning that it can access "Your data on all websites". This is not true. Click "Install" to proceed.
  • Any page you visit will now automatically turn adf.ly links into gateway links. You can simply click them.

Installing the userscript for Internet Explorer/Opera/Safari
Please upgrade to a browser which supports web standards and technologies. These browsers are extremely outdated and insecure. Download Firefox or Google Chrome.

Changelog

• v1.3: Support for mc.cm!
  • v1.4: Support for ad.cx!
  • v1.3: More resilience
  • v1.2: Statistics, removed cache time
  • v1.1: Removed MCModCenter support, increased cache time
  • v1.0: Partial rewrite, better caching + performance and support for adcraft.co links
  • v0.9: Support for j.gs and q.gs domains!
  • v0.8: Resilience relay mode + proxy support
  • v0.7: Added support for the new MCModCenter.net site
  • v0.6: Gateway now works on Opera (thanks Kizzycocoa)
  • v0.5: Now caches adf.ly links for up to 7 days (by default, changable), slicing load time in half. Added support for u.bb and 9.bb domains too
  • v0.4: Added support for "top banner" adf.ly links
  • v0.3: Option to simply output destination URL, gateway UI is now valid HTML
  • v0.2: Added support for MCModCenter.net and fixed a bug with hyphens in adf.ly links

Final notes

Of course, this kind of utility raises massive ethical conundrums and controversies, so it's purely down to you whether or not you want to use this. Personally, my excuse is simply because I can't be arsed to wait through an ad. Sure it's taking free work for granted, *shrug* I'm human.

Product of the United Kingdom

Virtually every single Minecraft mod, with update notifications and favorites? It can only be...
Minecraft Mod Index - The Google of Minecraft Mods

Register or log in to remove.

NinjaCatStudios

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

How long does it take to bypass?
If it's 5 seconds, then you fail.
Posted Image

flyingfirepig
  • Minecraft: rtme

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Cool... A bit pointless, But cool. Now if you could find a way to bypass download sites that force you to wait...

Posted Image

View Postvilageidiotx, on 07 January 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

If my number two ever came out wrapped in paper with hot sauce, I would probably go to the doctor.

Or open a franchise.

[center]

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

NinjaCatStudios said:

How long does it take to bypass?
If it's 5 seconds, then you fail.

lol, it's pretty much instant. Funny thing is during initial tests it took longer than 20 seconds, but this turned out to be because I happened to code it while adf.ly was having server issues.

flyingfirpeig said:

Cool... A bit pointless, But cool. Now if you could find a way to bypass download sites that force you to wait...

I could work on that, haha. Pointless how, out of curiosity? :U

Virtually every single Minecraft mod, with update notifications and favorites? It can only be...

flyingfirepig
  • Minecraft: rtme

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

I mean, Unless loads of people use this, the time coding it would have taken more time than It would actually save it.

Although that sounds like fun - I challenge you to make a program to repetativly go on adf.ly so everybody becomes rich! :)

Disclaimer: I was joking - that is (Probably) Illegal. And Probably hard Immpossible.

Posted Image

View Postvilageidiotx, on 07 January 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

If my number two ever came out wrapped in paper with hot sauce, I would probably go to the doctor.

Or open a franchise.

[center]

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

flyingfirpeig said:

I mean, Unless loads of people use this, the time coding it would have taken more time than It would actually save it.

Although that sounds like fun - I challenge you to make a program to repetativly go on adf.ly so everybody becomes rich! :iapprove:

Disclaimer: I was joking - that is (Probably) Illegal. And Probably hard Immpossible.

Yes but, it only ever needs to get coded once :U Since then, I've downloaded 20 mods through it, so it's saved me around 100 seconds of waiting time. Took me 5 minutes (300 seconds) to code, so just 200 more seconds to go and it'll "pay" for itself.

And yeah, that would be impossible, but cheating the system is always groovy. Maybe they do have a hole somewhere to allow it, but I won't bother with that.

nickguletskii

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

I dare you to change all the links in the OP to adf.ly links.

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

nickguletskii said:

I dare you to change all the links in the OP to adf.ly links.

Oh so very tempting. :Notch:

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

I've updated the script so now it works with adf.ly urls that have hyphens. I've also added a greasemonkey script that converts adf.ly links on mcmodcenter.net to gateway ones. Can I get people to test it for me? If you're willing :P

Nandonalt

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:07 AM

Oh my god! I always lose 5 seconds of my life with adf.ly to support modders that makes mods for us for free! I NEED THIS.
Posted Image

nekronuke

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

so you feel like stealing free mods? oh how awesome of you.

EDIT: adfly now knows about this
Got some extra money to throw away? I need a new PC that can actually play minecraft : http://goo.gl/Ar9Kj

Call of Duty- ON MINECRAFT? Download Ace of Spades here! http://u.bb/370053/aceofspades
Posted Image
I LOVE SHAROSE

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

nekronuke said:

so you feel like stealing free mods? oh how awesome of you.

Yes, I feel like stealing free mods.

?_?

Nandonalt said:

Oh my god! I always lose 5 seconds of my life with adf.ly to support modders that makes mods for us for free! I NEED THIS.

When you've got 10-20 mods to download every update, those 5 seconds add up pretty quickly. Especially when adf.ly screws up and decides not to countdown.

MHVibe
    MHVibe

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

How have YOU added support for MY website?
I don't care what it is, or what it does, but if it has anything to do with my website, without my permission, I don't like it.

Posted Image

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:04 AM

MHVibe said:

How have YOU added support for MY website?
I don't care what it is, or what it does, but if it has anything to do with my website, without my permission, I don't like it.

As you use buttons for the download links, it's a bit more tricker to deadf.ly-ify, so I added specific support for the site considering it's one of the main users of adf.ly. Sorry if my wording implied it was anything official or supported by you. However this is a userscript, it doesn't permanently modify your site or affect it for other users in any way.

AnonymousJohn

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

Can't be arsed with adf.ly links? Deal with it. It's 5 freaking seconds. 20 mods? Oh no, you've just spent a minute and a half of your day showing your gratitude for us as programmers waiting through harmless ads that you don't have to look at. What a travesty! But ah, who am I kidding? What do we care? It's not like we spend hours of our own time to make playing Minecraft for you fun.

[/rant]
AJ's Thread O' Links! -- A thread of links to my projects, other supported projects, approved ideas, etc.
Posted Image

MDR
    MDR

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

Straight shit.

Honestly I don't see a problem with it, might convert it into a firefox plugin so all executed hyperlinks directed towards adf.ly go through this script so it's virtually hands-free.

I mod to keep me busy and have something to do (one in the same I guess). One of my mods bases off a webserver that costs me money, but I knew that going in which is why I paid for it. Eventually, I intend on setting up a "Donate" button to help with hosting costs or hopefully eliminate it, but that's it. I don't intend to pocket any of it or use it for anything else than what I inform donaters it will be used for which again is supporting the webserver.

If I wanted to make money off coding, I'd either sell the mods (which there's no point in doing since no one else does), put up donations, or get a job as a programmer.

The whole adf.ly thing was kind of silly to me really, and some other modders hosting it off their own websites with boat loads of ads on them. I personally don't like to impose on any user. If they're using my work, why use their support to generate revenue? Not to mention adf.ly butt fucking you on the revenue you can generate.

I mean shit... I could set up some subdomains and put real ads on there and offer much better payouts than ady.ly if people really wanted, then have all my webhosting costs covered WITH cash to spare. I think the most a friend was getting for offering such type of service was like .020 per unique hit a day and gave the space renter (guy who actually made the crap he hosted on this subdomain to generate money) like .01

Without even clicking on any ads, at that rate a Mod Author could receive $1 for 100 unique visits each day. On adf.ly I believe you can get $5 for 10k views (limit 1 unique view a day). Let's say 50,000 people visit 5 hosted mods and no one clicks on any links (you get more for that) each author gets $100!

Shit, talking about all of this makes me want to set a subdomain and contain some authors about making some real bank.
Posted Image

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

AnonymousJohn said:

Can't be arsed with adf.ly links? Deal with it. It's 5 freaking seconds. 20 mods? Oh no, you've just spent a minute and a half of your day showing your gratitude for us as programmers waiting through harmless ads that you don't have to look at. What a travesty! But ah, who am I kidding? What do we care? It's not like we spend hours of our own time to make playing Minecraft for you fun.

[/rant]

No, I won't deal with it. You make it sound pretty straightforward and simple, but the reality for me and some other people is the fact that we have to wait through an ad, despite for five seconds, feels like an abrupt annoyance. Not to mention they (at least I do) feel really iffy about using advertisement for support. Call it some twisted form of personal morals, if you will. So I'll work around it.

Despite this, I can't really justify myself. I myself am a pirate (though ironically, Minecraft is one of the rare few games I've ever bought). Hence why I didn't want to get into a debate about this, but I feel I have to say this: If it wern't for adf.ly, then what? Gratitude? Isn't the fact we're using your hard work gratitude enough? Maybe I should do more and say a thank you to the modders whose hard work I've been using for ages now.

MDR said:

Haha, word bro. A firefox addon sounds like a neat idea, but the problem is it needs to be flexible in what gateway it uses. Mine's not going to last forever, might stop working by tomorrow, who knows. You bring up an interesting point about adf.ly, I wonder if any of the modders have actually gotten anything good out of it. On a legal standpoint for some modders, forcing users through an adf.ly link might even be illegal if the mod uses modified code.

Just a point: If it were possible to sell mods, some modders would probably be doing so already. Legality gets in the way of this, however. Even then I'd think it'd be ridiculous to sell mods (unless it was a really big mod like MoreCreeps and Weirdos).

MHVibe
    MHVibe

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

I don't really care much, but I do think for the future design of my site, we're going to include "download through adf.ly" and regular non adf.ly download options, for those modders who want to use the thing, while providing an alternative download method free from adf.ly.

Posted Image

MDR
    MDR

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

MHVibe said:

I don't really care much, but I do think for the future design of my site, we're going to include "download through adf.ly" and regular non adf.ly download options, for those modders who want to use the thing, while providing an alternative download method free from adf.ly.

That's cool.

To OP, in the ToS for Minecraft it states that you CAN sell plugins(mods) you make but since no one does it, you'd have to have a ground breaking mod to get people to buy it you know.

Didn't think about the gateway thing though, you're right. I'm gonna look into how many ads I could throw on 1 page to check out that other idea.
Posted Image

Gnu32
    Gnu32

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

MHVibe said:

Good call! You should go for it. Out of curiosity, are you using a new CMS for the redesign? I reckon you could get away with better customizations with a better CMS than PHP-Fusion.